Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-24-2010, 06:18 AM  
In Search of a Life

50 Beers to Try Before You Die

Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 04-01-2011 at 08:05 PM..
NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-26-2021, 02:52 PM   #5116
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
I was grabbing for a Coors Light traveler and mistakenly grabbed a Steel Reserve. Just awful.
A group of coworkers did a white elephant beer exchange several years ago... I missed the actual exchange the first year, so I contributed a Schlafly Imperial Stout and was going to get whatever was left.

And I got a ****in' Steele Reserve High Gravity. Took one sip and it was promptly poured out. Just for the LOLs, searched for it on beeradvocate.com and found comments such as "tastes like aluminum" and "the FDA should look into this".

After that bullshit, they added a rule of "no crap beer".
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-30-2021, 07:25 PM   #5117
Would an idiot do that?

Only one BCS tonight (plus a TG Smores) and it's delicious. At least 2nd to 150 at this point, but 150 would get the edge on body. It's a pretty perfect level of cinnamon without being overpowering.

Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 05:00 PM   #5118
Cheat Death

Peanut butter, chocolate...and coffee

Slightly humorous tidbit, the non-coffee version of this beer is called Fat Bear. In a few Facebook beer groups I lurk people would talk about the beer in innocent beer dork kind of ways like posting "yum this Fat Bear is a thiccc boy" and it triggered Facebook's algorithm into thinking it was some clandestine gay reference and they started censoring the posts. Not because of beer but fat gay bear references.

Anywho, this is delish

KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-07-2022, 05:09 PM   #5119
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
Peanut butter, chocolate...and coffee

Slightly humorous tidbit, the non-coffee version of this beer is called Fat Bear. In a few Facebook beer groups I lurk people would talk about the beer in innocent beer dork kind of ways like posting "yum this Fat Bear is a thiccc boy" and it triggered Facebook's algorithm into thinking it was some clandestine gay reference and they started censoring the posts. Not because of beer but fat gay bear references.

Anywho, this is delish

OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 05:17 PM   #5120
Cheat Death

KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 06:14 PM   #5121
Would an idiot do that?

Old 01-07-2022, 06:51 PM   #5122
Would an idiot do that?

Ain't this some fat gay bear shit!

It's pretty damn good though...

Old 01-14-2022, 09:57 PM   #5123
Mostly Ignored

I was lucky enough to get to try a can of Revolution Blackberry Finn. It was a genuine ****ing pleasure. Please ignore the use of the pint glass. I was in the man cave in my back building, and it was cold outside. I didn't feel like walking to the house for a proper glass.

The pint glass mattered none, though. I've been able to try a number of cans from Revolution's barrel program, and I can't remember many that were tailored towards my taste buds like this one.

I'm a weirdo that prefers barrel-aged barleywines over barrel-aged stouts, and blackberry is one of my favorite fruits. I'd eat it on a daily basis if the seeds weren't so ****ing bothersome. So, a BA Barleywine aged with blackberries sounds like a dream to me.

The can lived up to the hype in my mind as well. Even with barleywines, I prefer a subtle barrel. Or at least a barrel that doesn't completely overpower any adjuncts in the beer. I was a bit nervous about that after taking a sniff, because I smelled mostly barrel. But man, when I took a sip, there was subtle barrel and the fruit hit so hard. It might have been 60/40 fruit to barrel as the glass warmed. I don't know how else to describe it except as fantastic. And that color is gorgeous.

Man. An absolute pleasure. A standout beer from 2021 for sure.
TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-14-2022, 10:17 PM   #5124
Would an idiot do that?

Sounds amazing, don't think I've had a blackberry beer before.

And nothing wrong with a pint glass, even though I do get fancy from time to time.
Old 01-14-2022, 11:03 PM   #5125
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBone View Post
I was lucky enough to get to try a can of Revolution Blackberry Finn. It was a genuine ****ing pleasure. Please ignore the use of the pint glass. I was in the man cave in my back building, and it was cold outside. I didn't feel like walking to the house for a proper glass.

The pint glass mattered none, though. I've been able to try a number of cans from Revolution's barrel program, and I can't remember many that were tailored towards my taste buds like this one.

I'm a weirdo that prefers barrel-aged barleywines over barrel-aged stouts, and blackberry is one of my favorite fruits. I'd eat it on a daily basis if the seeds weren't so ****ing bothersome. So, a BA Barleywine aged with blackberries sounds like a dream to me.

The can lived up to the hype in my mind as well. Even with barleywines, I prefer a subtle barrel. Or at least a barrel that doesn't completely overpower any adjuncts in the beer. I was a bit nervous about that after taking a sniff, because I smelled mostly barrel. But man, when I took a sip, there was subtle barrel and the fruit hit so hard. It might have been 60/40 fruit to barrel as the glass warmed. I don't know how else to describe it except as fantastic. And that color is gorgeous.

Man. An absolute pleasure. A standout beer from 2021 for sure.
Old 01-14-2022, 11:25 PM   #5126
Mostly Ignored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Sounds amazing, don't think I've had a blackberry beer before.

And nothing wrong with a pint glass, even though I do get fancy from time to time.
I don't see blackberry beers often, myself. When I do, though, I grab it if its a style I enjoy.

Blackberry is a great fruit. As I mentioned in my post, though, the seeds are annoying af. I figure that's why it's not used as much as other fruits in cooking. I had a blackberry pie once that was one of the best pies I've tasted, but I couldn't finish it because of the damn seeds getting stuck in my teeth.

Marcellus sent me a homebrew blackberry saison years ago that was great as well. I do wish more breweries would utilize the fruit.
TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-14-2022, 11:27 PM   #5127
Mostly Ignored

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
For real, man. One of my favorite barleywines ever. It may have lacked a bit of that thick mouth feel that come with the old BCBS barleywines, but it didn't matter. That's one of the best tasting beers I've had in a long time.
Old 01-16-2022, 03:07 PM   #5128
Would an idiot do that?

Tried Parish Rêve yesterday and it was quite tasty. I'm obviously not a lighter stout kind of guy, but was impressed with that one.
Old 01-19-2022, 05:05 PM   #5129
Cheat Death

Stopped in for some liquid lunch while out by O'hare today.

Press Play is a collab with Voodoo (pictured in glass). Thiccc hazelnut brownie batter.

In Unison is a BA stout/barleywine blend.

Old 01-19-2022, 06:06 PM   #5130
fides quaerens intellectum

For my own Christmas gift, I purchased a 12-case of Birra Nursia bionda, available here: https://birranursia.com/

The beer is made by Benedictine monks in Italy. If you like Weihenstephaner Vitus, I think you would like this beer.
Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.