Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-01-2018, 10:51 PM  
I'll be back.

Andy Reid appreciation thread

The guy could easily have tried to pump his superstar QB by throwing on the goal line at the end of the game.

He did the smart thing and pounded it three times for the ****ing win.

Word to your mother, Pete Carroll.

Oh, and he has mind control over the AFC West. 18-1 in his last 19.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-07-2020, 01:51 PM   #496
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmrp117 View Post
This was NOT coachspeak. I already told you what he could have said. He could have admitted that the drive was a failure without throwing Alex under the bus. He routinely does this by saying that whatever the failure is needs to improve and he will fix it. Same thing here - just say "We took too long to score there (or we need to score more quickly in that situation) and that's on me. I'll get it fixed." That takes responsibility for the failure without throwing the QB under the bus. Andy knows how to do this as it is his trademark.

What is crazy is that Andy actually goes out of his way to defend how long it took to score. This defense was not needed at all to keep from throwing Alex or anyone else under the bus.

Usually, the man takes responsibility even for things that are not his fault. What does it say when he refuses to take responsibility for something like this? It shows that he truly believes that there was nothing wrong with taking that much time, which makes sense because it explains how he can coach for 20 years and still screw up time management.

All these years, I've heard Eagles fans and Chiefs fans say "How can he coach that long and still screw up time management?" The answer is that he doesn't recognize there is a problem and thinks his approach is right even after numerous failures. Let's just hope we beat teams solidly and do not need some great time management on our way to the super bowl this year because there is no way Andy has learned his lesson when he wouldn't even admit the problem.
You're not using your brain.

Think about it. No one designs a 16-play drive.

NO ONE.

Not ever in the history of professional football has anyone ever decided "let's move the ball 4 yards at a time to score."

What you're arguing is that Andy is insane. And the evidence that he wasn't trying to move the ball 4 yards at a time is right there in color on film. All you have to do is watch the tape, and understand how to analyze it.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-07-2020, 02:50 PM   #497
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
Hey, fatty learns from every loss. So there's that...
They've won 11 games/season over his 7 years in KC.

So I guess the problem is that he just doesn't get as many learning opportunities as the other guys...

You people are ****ing idiots. Reid will eventually go down as one of the 5-10 best coaches in NFL history and that will likely be selling him short. The guy is an offensive mastermind, an exceptional teacher/leader and one of the most prepared coaches you'll ever see.

The fact that there are still people who think he's even a merely good head coach is an indictment on this fanbase. The fact that there are people who think he's an actively bad one is an indictment on humanity itself.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 03:04 PM   #498

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superturtle View Post
Andy Reid teams have had a losing record 3 times in 21 years. That's ****ing remarkable.
And look at the teams he took over!

He's never walked into a truly good situation. He took over a 3-13 Eagles squad and a 2-14 Chiefs team.

He's built those programs.

And I'm supposed to act like Sean Peyton's a superior coach because in 13 seasons with possibly the best pure thrower in NFL history he managed to win a single Super Bowl? Dude goes 7-9 for 3 straight years w/ Brees throwing for 5K yards/season and we're supposed to be polishing his knob?

But Sean McVay!!!!

Yeah, gimme a call in 4 years when he's averaged 8 wins/season over that span and has maybe a single playoff win on his record.

Ludicrous.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 03:14 PM   #499

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
Andy doesn't shit the bed no mo

last year proved it
Andy has NEVER shit the bed.

He's been a victim of his own success. The dude was out there winning 10+ games with Alex Smith and Donovan McNabb....and those were his BEST quarterbacks. Other times he's out there stealing games with AJ !@#$ing Feeley and the husk of Jeff Garcia. The guy made Kevin Kolb look like someone you should give up a high draft pick for. He had Matt Moore step away from coaching high school football to go throw for throw with Aaron Rodgers.

His BEST QBs were average as ****. Neither of them would've amounted to much of anything in this league but/for Andy Reid. Especially McNabb (dude was incredibly inaccurate). And all he's ever done is go win football games.

If he'd have just gotten out of those scrubs what their talent says they should've been, he's essentially Jeff Fisher and puts up a 20 year resume of .500 football. But because he's as good as he is, the expectations surrounding his teams get heightened and when they fail it's because "Andy's a fat idiot" and not because they were only in that position due to his excellence in the first place.

Idiots. So many idiots.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 03:20 PM   #500

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
Stuff you can legitimately blame Andy for during his Chiefs tenure:

-Waiting too long to fire Sutton
-???
Indy game.

I know injuries hurt the team but Andy failed to do exactly what people now criticize him for doing - he didn't milk the clock when he no longer had the personnel to trade punches. At that point he needed to hang on like grim death and just hope to get to zeroes.

He didn't. He tried to keep playing it straight up.

Idiots around here say nonsensical crap like "You keep playing like the score is 0-0!!!" and it's just asinine. You get up 3 scores...PLAY LIKE YOU'RE UP 3 SCORES! The goal is to win the damn football game, not win it by 24. If Andy had treated that Colts game in Indy like they had a massive lead, they win it pretty easily. Instead he's got Smith out there firing deep wheel routes to Cyrus Gray and what not.

Andy screwed that game up. But other than that (and I've broken this shit down drive by drive on several occasions on this board, including the asinine complaints over the Patriots loss in Foxborough several years ago), Reid's been damn good.
Old 01-07-2020, 03:20 PM   #501
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmya View Post
Whomever Patty Mahomes wants I would wager.
Reid it is then.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-07-2020, 03:24 PM   #502
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
They've won 11 games/season over his 7 years in KC.

So I guess the problem is that he just doesn't get as many learning opportunities as the other guys...

You people are ****ing idiots. Reid will eventually go down as one of the 5-10 best coaches in NFL history and that will likely be selling him short. The guy is an offensive mastermind, an exceptional teacher/leader and one of the most prepared coaches you'll ever see.

The fact that there are still people who think he's even a merely good head coach is an indictment on this fanbase. The fact that there are people who think he's an actively bad one is an indictment on humanity itself.
I appreciate what you and megatron are doing, I really do. But you're arguing with idiots and you know that they're idiots. I'm not sure what you are expecting at this point, honestly.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-07-2020, 03:28 PM   #503
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
I appreciate what you and megatron are doing, I really do. But you're arguing with idiots and you know that they're idiots. I'm not sure what you are expecting at this point, honestly.
This.

Unless the Chiefs win a SB under Reid, Reid will always suck to some of the idiots here.

And then even if they do win a SB under Reid, some of these morons will still stick to the narrative that they won in spite of him.

Facts are useless.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-07-2020, 03:40 PM   #504
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
This.

Unless the Chiefs win a SB under Reid, Reid will always suck to some of the idiots here.

And then even if they do win a SB under Reid, some of these morons will still stick to the narrative that they won in spite of him.

Facts are useless.
I will say, though, that I also appreciate the documentation that DJ and Megatron are providing. My hope would be that, in the future, we can simply link to these posts.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-07-2020, 03:42 PM   #505
Veteran

And the Fat Andy Lovers will love him no matter what.. Turn it to the Will Cain show.. They are doing some Reid bashing as we type...im sure that will break your heart.
Jimmya must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jimmya must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jimmya must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jimmya must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jimmya must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jimmya must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jimmya must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jimmya must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jimmya must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jimmya must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jimmya must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 03:47 PM   #506
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
You're right. And I know you're right. I probably look like an even bigger idiot than these twits do just because I'm trying to get them to use their brains, instead of believing what a bunch of talking heads say on some show that measures success based on how edgy their takes can be.

I'm done. I really have better things to do than arguing with a baboon's ass . . . two of them is even more dumb.

Outie.

Last edited by Megatron96; 01-07-2020 at 04:15 PM..
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-07-2020, 03:58 PM   #507
Praise Him

He is appreciated for what he has accomplished..you know doing what he is paid to do.
He will get more appreciation when he wins the superbowl. Coached a really long time and it hasn't happened........YET! This year looks fairly promising.
King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 01-07-2020, 04:13 PM   #508
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate View Post
But you said 'at the end of the season', so we'll just have to revisit this. And yeah, I AM bold enough to pull one up from University.
Well, there's one job available. The Cleveland Browns. You can probably expect them to hire Detroit's assistant LB coach or some crap like that.

So let's just say in the case of this hypothetical that all the dudes accepting interviews with teams (Bieniemy, both Baltimore coordinators, that SF guy, etc.) and any wildcards you think would stand a reasonable chance of accepting an NFL HC job (no, Cowher's not coming back) are available for your potential selection. That includes Urban and any other rumored college guys. Hell, go nuts. If you're a huge fan of Tampa's offensive coordinator (no clue who that is) even though he isn't getting any looks, feel free to put him on the list.

Except Detroit's assistant LB coach. You can't have him. He belongs to Cleveland.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-07-2020, 04:13 PM   #509
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmya View Post
And the Fat Andy Lovers will love him no matter what.. Turn it to the Will Cain show.. They are doing some Reid bashing as we type...im sure that will break your heart.
It's not about "loving him no matter what" or "breaking your heart." It's about understanding what he does/has done as the head coach. That's, literally, it.
Old 01-07-2020, 04:27 PM   #510
Always ask 'Why?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Indy game.

I know injuries hurt the team but Andy failed to do exactly what people now criticize him for doing - he didn't milk the clock when he no longer had the personnel to trade punches. At that point he needed to hang on like grim death and just hope to get to zeroes.

He didn't. He tried to keep playing it straight up.

Idiots around here say nonsensical crap like "You keep playing like the score is 0-0!!!" and it's just asinine. You get up 3 scores...PLAY LIKE YOU'RE UP 3 SCORES! The goal is to win the damn football game, not win it by 24. If Andy had treated that Colts game in Indy like they had a massive lead, they win it pretty easily. Instead he's got Smith out there firing deep wheel routes to Cyrus Gray and what not.

Andy screwed that game up. But other than that (and I've broken this shit down drive by drive on several occasions on this board, including the asinine complaints over the Patriots loss in Foxborough several years ago), Reid's been damn good.

I love the way this guy writes and gets his points across. One of my favorite CPers.
Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.