Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-17-2015, 12:29 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***

Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:05 PM   #496
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillip View Post
Wow, that's insane. I sold a 2000 model year Esprit with 50k+ miles last year for over $30k.
I'm so sorry, I could have sworn I typed Elise. It was a 2004 or 2005 Elise. Still, closed in on 40% off MSRP. Further, this was a display car, but it wasn't a lot lizard. It was in Manhattan so it was stored here

in this upper floor inventory like so

EDIT: Don't know if it was for my buddy's benefit but we actually picked it up off the showroom floor.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010007 redacted.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	109640  

Last edited by Baby Lee; 04-20-2015 at 08:20 PM..
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:10 PM   #497
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac459 View Post
http://www.streetlegaltv.com/news/ba...ds-a-new-home/

I really wish I could luck into finding something like this
That's about what dad's 69 Nova SS looks like, but the engine is blueprinted and sitting on an engine stand, and the interior is up in the garage attic wrapped in plastic.

Waiting on retirement to be more fun puttering around in their restored muscle car than it is landscaping, gardening and watching the History Channel.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:14 PM   #498
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO View Post
No it wouldn't. Does lotus make that car?

His would be the real thing
Is his seven pre-72? Caterham bought the design and factory from Lotus for the seven in 72 and has been updating the basic design since.

There's original Lotus'
Then there's Caterhams
Way down the ladder are Repros/Aftermarkets.
Old 04-20-2015, 09:42 PM   #499
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
I'm so sorry, I could have sworn I typed Elise. It was a 2004 or 2005 Elise. Still, closed in on 40% off MSRP. Further, this was a display car, but it wasn't a lot lizard. It was in Manhattan so it was stored here

EDIT: Don't know if it was for my buddy's benefit but we actually picked it up off the showroom floor.
Oh, that price makes a little more sense then. Still a hell of a deal.

Elises and Exiges have been appreciating in value. If he kept it all this time, it's probably worth more than he paid for it.

I bought my '05 in 2011, and I sold it in 2012 for more than I paid. The guy who bought it off me sold it in 2014 for more than he paid me.
Time's Yours is not part of the Right 53.Time's Yours is not part of the Right 53.Time's Yours is not part of the Right 53.Time's Yours is not part of the Right 53.Time's Yours is not part of the Right 53.Time's Yours is not part of the Right 53.Time's Yours is not part of the Right 53.Time's Yours is not part of the Right 53.Time's Yours is not part of the Right 53.Time's Yours is not part of the Right 53.Time's Yours is not part of the Right 53.
Old 04-21-2015, 05:16 AM   #500
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Is his seven pre-72? Caterham bought the design and factory from Lotus for the seven in 72 and has been updating the basic design since.

There's original Lotus'
Then there's Caterhams
Way down the ladder are Repros/Aftermarkets.
like i said, his is a lotus.

he looks down his nose at caterhams...
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-21-2015, 07:47 AM   #501
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO View Post
No it wouldn't. Does lotus make that car?

His would be the real thing
Lotus made them from 1957-1972 (had to look that up).

If it was made after then, it is a Caterham.

Edit: Should have read further.
KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:20 AM   #502
Supporter

Do any of you guys have any experience with the newer Jeep Wranglers..like 2013 and newer..I am looking at getting a new Rubicon..was curious about any experience anybody has had with them
Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:34 AM   #503
Wearing ballistic dog goggles.

kaplin42 had a newer Rubicon, you might PM him.
Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-21-2015, 02:13 PM   #504
Mahomosapien

Just picked up a new ride last week.
2011 subaru wrx.

I have never had a car payment, until i drove this thing and fell in love.

bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 04-21-2015, 03:16 PM   #505
Supporter

I just replaced the wheels and tires. Running 315/35/20 in back.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0003.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	109644   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0001.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	109645  
IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-21-2015, 03:21 PM   #506
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan View Post
Nice set of wheels.

What mods are you going to do to that sweet ride?
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-21-2015, 03:21 PM   #507
Someone pass the antifreeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan View Post
Needs a small drop but looks killer as is.
MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-21-2015, 03:30 PM   #508
Supporter

I do not plan to drop it. I don't even think the tires would fit if I did. I plan a little vinyl work within the next couple weeks and then a laser jammer setup. No big mods planned or needed on this one. I'm even happy with the stock exhaust for the first time ever.
IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-21-2015, 04:41 PM   #509
Mod Team

Welp, I've got another subject I'm lost on.

Got back from the tire place after having them put the Gorilla wheel locks on. They said since the tires are 10 years old they normally wouldn't touch them but agreed to do that and nothing else. They said the tires have great tread on them since they were rarely driven but there is cracking showing toward the outside of the tire. They suggest getting them placed.

They are 10 year old Toyo Tires. 245/40R-19 98Z on front and 275/35R-19 100Z on back. What's the reason for the difference in tire size from the front to the back tires? I'm just assuming since it's staggered a bit and since it's RWD the bigger tires go in back? With these tires you would also never rotate then as those tires would never go on the front, correct?

Here's a picture of the cracking they are doing. Thoughts on the cracking? As I said, tread is good with only about 10k use on them but again 10 years old.

If I did decide to replace them would I have to do different sized tires again or could I go same 19" tires all the way around and rotate them every 5k to increase longevity of tire?
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-21-2015, 04:49 PM   #510
Say hello to my little friend

If you go with the taller tire all the way around, it's also about an inch wider. You would need to make sure they wouldn't rub on steering and suspension components up front when you crank the wheel all the way.

if you go to a stang message board they can tell you exactly what's what.
Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.