Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 01-01-2021, 08:46 PM   #50611
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
Over Half Of Health Care Workers At California Hospitals Refuse Vaccinations
https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/i...spitals-refuse
There's an interesting mix of people who can't wait to get the shot and people who couldn't care less about it. (Within healthcare workers)

I'm having trouble making sense of it.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 08:49 PM   #50612
Life is changing..

Though I will say this... I've been astonished by the number of very respected healthcare professionals I've spoken to over the past 8-9 months who seem totally off their rocker when it comes to vaccinations and even pharmaceutical medications.

The nurse who explained how taking Chinese herbs was the best treatment for Covid probably takes the cake.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-02-2021, 04:59 AM   #50613
MVP

US records the deadliest day since pandemic started

WION Web Team

WASHINGTON Published: Dec 31, 2020, 09.40 AM(IST)

Covid-19 deaths surpassed 340,000 on Wednesday afternoon, according to the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University.

The United States has reported a record number of deaths from COVID-19, as the worst outbreak in the world shows little sign of easing.

With a patient in California also confirmed to have the British variant of the virus, the country is also considering requiring COVID tests from passengers from more countries as early as next week.

Also read | US may authorize AstraZeneca Covid vaccine for emergency use in April

Covid-19 deaths surpassed 340,000 on Wednesday afternoon, according to the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University.

With the national case count topping 19.6 million, the death toll across the United States rose to 340,586 as of 2:22 p.m. local time (1922 GMT), according to the CSSE data.

Nearly every inmate at Alaska's biggest prison has contracted coronavirus

New York State reported 37,687 fatalities, at the top of the US state-level death toll list. Texas recorded the second most deaths of 27,298. The states of California and Florida both confirmed more than 21,000 deaths, the CSSE tally showed.

continue: https://www.wionews.com/world/us-rec...started-353509
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 01-02-2021, 08:38 AM   #50614
In Search of a Life

Yea the new variant isn’t ideal. If it does indeed spread faster that’s gonna make this a lot tougher
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-02-2021, 08:50 AM   #50615
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Yea the new variant isn’t ideal. If it does indeed spread faster that’s gonna make this a lot tougher
I'm curious if there's any actual hard proof out there on this new variant.
Old 01-02-2021, 09:22 AM   #50616
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
I'm curious if there's any actual hard proof out there on this new variant.
There’s plenty

Genetically and epidemiologically for sure
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-02-2021, 09:22 AM   #50617
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
Though I will say this... I've been astonished by the number of very respected healthcare professionals I've spoken to over the past 8-9 months who seem totally off their rocker when it comes to vaccinations and even pharmaceutical medications.

The nurse who explained how taking Chinese herbs was the best treatment for Covid probably takes the cake.
It's probably helpful to understand the silos in which we operate.

Floor nurses are not required to keep up on clinical guidelines and advise on treatments. They have tremendous experience in hands-on medicine, but they do not have training in evidence-based evaluation.

Numerous physicians graduate from residency programs and end up in practice environments (say, a family clinic) where they don't have to justify their treatment decisions unless there is an interdisciplinary team at the clinic. While such clinics are increasingly common, they are nowhere near universal, and without that push, it's easy for your skills to atrophy.

Surgeons are trained much more on fixing the problem by cutting and preventing infections than treating with medicine, and when you're a hammer, everything looks like a nail if you're not careful.

Similarly, two-thirds of pharmacists end up in a retail setting where aside from a few interactions and counseling points, they are so overworked that they are largely just regurgitating the interactions the software dings for them. Some of this is due to being understaffed, and another portion comes from the divide that still exists within pharmacy over how active one should be in making clinical decisions.

And in all cases, there are numerous examples of healthcare workers that just do not give a shit, and who are only there to cash a paycheck.

Of all the things that have happened this year, one of the most dispiriting is how much respect I've lost for my professional colleagues, who far too often are happy to flout regulations they implore upon everyone else (gigantic weddings, interstate travel with elderly family) or promote absolute bullshit pseudoscience (essential oils, ItWorks! and other MLM garbage, etc.).
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 10:46 AM   #50618
In Search of a Life

We keep hearing about all these medical professionals and such turning it down, sure as shit doesn't seem to be the case in my area.

Everyone I know thats in a position to get it, has gotten it as quick as they can. Anecdotal and all.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 11:03 AM   #50619
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
There’s plenty

Genetically and epidemiologically for sure
I didn't word my question very well.

I'm skeptical about it being 70% more transmissible. I have no doubt this is a mutation of some sort. But I'm curious as to where the 70% figure came from.
Old 01-02-2021, 06:06 PM   #50620
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I didn't word my question very well.

I'm skeptical about it being 70% more transmissible. I have no doubt this is a mutation of some sort. But I'm curious as to where the 70% figure came from.
Looking at how the infection rate in and around London and really the UK as a whole, I would say there’s a strong possibility of it

We’re up to 1.3% of the US population vaccinated so that’s great
Old 01-02-2021, 06:28 PM   #50621
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
It's probably helpful to understand the silos in which we operate.

Floor nurses are not required to keep up on clinical guidelines and advise on treatments. They have tremendous experience in hands-on medicine, but they do not have training in evidence-based evaluation.

Numerous physicians graduate from residency programs and end up in practice environments (say, a family clinic) where they don't have to justify their treatment decisions unless there is an interdisciplinary team at the clinic. While such clinics are increasingly common, they are nowhere near universal, and without that push, it's easy for your skills to atrophy.

Surgeons are trained much more on fixing the problem by cutting and preventing infections than treating with medicine, and when you're a hammer, everything looks like a nail if you're not careful.

Similarly, two-thirds of pharmacists end up in a retail setting where aside from a few interactions and counseling points, they are so overworked that they are largely just regurgitating the interactions the software dings for them. Some of this is due to being understaffed, and another portion comes from the divide that still exists within pharmacy over how active one should be in making clinical decisions.

And in all cases, there are numerous examples of healthcare workers that just do not give a shit, and who are only there to cash a paycheck.

Of all the things that have happened this year, one of the most dispiriting is how much respect I've lost for my professional colleagues, who far too often are happy to flout regulations they implore upon everyone else (gigantic weddings, interstate travel with elderly family) or promote absolute bullshit pseudoscience (essential oils, ItWorks! and other MLM garbage, etc.).
This , half my department still refused their flu shots this year , a lot of their beliefs still comes from their parents/friends and a lot of what they learned in school is focused solely on their professions etc ,

I was showing nurse some rib fractures on a male patient and I was counting ribs and she was amazed that men had the same number of ribs as women because she thought Men had 1 less because Adam gave one to eve or something like that .
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 01-02-2021, 06:36 PM   #50622
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
This , half my department still refused their flu shots this year , a lot of their beliefs still comes from their parents/friends and a lot of what they learned in school is focused solely on their professions etc ,

I was showing nurse some rib fractures on a male patient and I was counting ribs and she was amazed that men had the same number of ribs as women because she thought Men had 1 less because Adam gave one to eve or something like that .
Old 01-02-2021, 06:45 PM   #50623
Veteran

Quote:
Idiots in every profession.
Papi is not part of the Right 53.Papi is not part of the Right 53.Papi is not part of the Right 53.Papi is not part of the Right 53.Papi is not part of the Right 53.Papi is not part of the Right 53.Papi is not part of the Right 53.Papi is not part of the Right 53.Papi is not part of the Right 53.Papi is not part of the Right 53.Papi is not part of the Right 53.
Old 01-02-2021, 06:45 PM   #50624
Starter

half my fire department did not get the vaccine either but I did
barryforthewin20 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.barryforthewin20 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.barryforthewin20 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.barryforthewin20 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.barryforthewin20 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.barryforthewin20 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 01-02-2021, 06:46 PM   #50625
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papi View Post
Idiots in every profession.
true
barryforthewin20 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.barryforthewin20 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.barryforthewin20 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.barryforthewin20 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.barryforthewin20 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.barryforthewin20 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.