Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-16-2020, 04:14 PM   #5026
Inmem 2.0

Yikes

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox...pore-hong-kong
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 04:14 PM   #5027
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklandhater View Post
today is my last day of work.

I got one more check coming than I have no idea how I'm gonna pay my share of rent.
Sorry to hear.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-16-2020, 04:15 PM   #5028
future chiefs fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
Nice of you to cherry pick a comment from February 27th.

Go back to DC
No thanks for the most part people aren't being dicks in here.
oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 03-16-2020, 04:15 PM   #5029

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
im not a financial wiz or play one on TV but it seems to me that nothing has changed in the economy that’s going to last after this health scare is over. Businesses start restaffing up, Why wouldn’t stocks go back up, people go on cruises, vacations, start buying stuff again?
Not if a giant percentage have been unemployed for months and are now broke and behind in mortgage payments. Not for those who lost everything as their businesses went bankrupt. This shutdown phase needs to be brief or we're looking at a disaster for our way of life. And it won't just spring back.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-16-2020, 04:15 PM   #5030
Chiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
I think this is well know.
ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 03-16-2020, 04:15 PM   #5031
Supporter

Quote:
im not a financial wiz or play one on TV but it seems to me that nothing has changed in the economy that’s going to last after this health scare is over. Businesses start restaffing up, Why wouldn’t stocks go back up, people go on cruises, vacations, start buying stuff again?
Okay, I will tell you what you are missing.

Waiters, waitresses, people who work in gyms, theaters, etc. are all being sent home. Many are hourly workers. Many can't work from home. Some are small businesses and are going to shut down.

People still have bills to pay, mouths to feed, etc. The economy has now been wrecked and it's going to take a long time to recover. Right now it looks like at least several months.

And then you got the whole thing of schools closing leaving some parents in the situation of choosing their job or their kid. This "work at home" mantra everyone is saying to do only applies to a minority of our workforce.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-16-2020, 04:15 PM   #5032
future chiefs fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
No, but you mention right and left. That's politics. It doesn't belong here. Take it to DC if you must.
fair enough I'll mention no political sides.
oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 03-16-2020, 04:16 PM   #5033
I'll be back.

Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-16-2020, 04:16 PM   #5034
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP View Post
I think this is well know.
Is it? We literally just had a poster say we arent France.
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 04:16 PM   #5035
Veteran

Quote:
Airlines want $50 billion in bailout money, to start with. Most airlines in the world are expecting to be bankrupt by May 2020.

How are we suppose to bail out every industry and ourselfs when this is all over?
Considering that the Airlines have been screwing fliers since Katrina. Fares increased dramatically and fees were added for bags to cover the cost of fuel increases. After fuel costs dropped, did fares return to normal and fees removed? Heck no. Let the CEOs give back some of their (our) money.
crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-16-2020, 04:17 PM   #5036
future chiefs fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
it's sad to see such disregard for human life.
Old 03-16-2020, 04:17 PM   #5037
future chiefs fans

Quote:
Sorry to hear.
I can't be mad about it I don't want this spreading any more than it has to.

just sucks.
Old 03-16-2020, 04:17 PM   #5038

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson View Post
Uh, that’s not how it works.

The significant percent of the population that experienced a financial shock (job, stock market) aren’t just going to resume spending as usual right away.
I’m aware but I was talking long term, not the next week after the national emergency is over. It took a way long time to recover after 9/11 than it should have because people were fearful. I’m thinking once this virus runs it’s course, people won’t have the fear they had after 9/11.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-16-2020, 04:21 PM   #5039

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
This shutdown phase needs to be brief or we're looking at a disaster for our way of life. And it won't just spring back.
I was assuming that this wide spread shutdown is going to be short. If not, yeah, it’s going to have a lasting effect on the economy.
Old 03-16-2020, 04:22 PM   #5040
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklandhater View Post
I can't be mad about it I don't want this spreading any more than it has to.

just sucks.
You are voluntarily quitting your job?