Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-17-2020, 01:06 PM   #49771
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball View Post
They don't
Sure, we can do it again:

Every time we see increases in cases, we see increases in hospitalizations and deaths.

Granted, that fact may not mean jack shit to you.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-17-2020, 01:12 PM   #49772
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball View Post
Dinger runs away after facts are presented. Nothing new
Nah he just spins the narrative to his own qualifiers. Like here where now its not about whether it happens or not, its now about how often.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 01:15 PM   #49773
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
Nah he just spins the narrative to his own qualifiers. Like here where now its not about whether it happens or not, its now about how often.
So using his words. His precious numbers can go up, but be ruled meaningless since they are highly inaccurate...cool
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-17-2020, 01:41 PM   #49774
Supporter

I had Covid in October. There is still a good chance if I took a PCR test I would still show positive. If I have a heart attack and die tomorrow and test positive of Covid what column do you think my death gets recorded in?
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-17-2020, 01:42 PM   #49775
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
I had Covid in October. There is still a good chance if I took a PCR test I would still show positive. If I have a heart attack and die tomorrow and test positive of Covid what column do you think my death gets recorded in?
Do you think a viral infection could cause myocardial issues for someone your age?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-17-2020, 01:49 PM   #49776
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Do you think a viral infection could cause myocardial issues for someone your age?
That's not what I asked......but why couldn't it?
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-17-2020, 01:51 PM   #49777
You're CARICATURES, ALL of you

Quote:
Which ever gets the hospital more money.
KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-17-2020, 01:52 PM   #49778
Kind of a mod

Quote:
I just don't know why this is still a topic of debate (which is why I largely try to stay out of it). Are a ton of people dying from COVID? All you have to do is call up your local hospital and ask to get an answer to that one.

Beyond that, I don't really understand what the value is in debating the nuance of the exact numbers at this point. Guys like you don't really seem to give a shit if it's 5,000 or 500,000, so why do we bother talking about it?
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 01:54 PM   #49779
MVP

My County has been shutdown for 3/4 weeks but they are extending the shutdown for another month because the covid numbers are still climbing. So much for masks and shutdowns slowing anything down. Maybe if we are all mandated to wear double masks?

jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.
Old 12-17-2020, 01:56 PM   #49780
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubya View Post
My County has been shutdown for 3/4 weeks but they are extending the shutdown for another month because the covid numbers are still climbing. So much for masks and shutdowns slowing anything down. Maybe if we are all mandated to wear double masks?

How it works..if the numbers go down it's because of the restrictions. If the numbers go up it's because people were not following the rules.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 01:56 PM   #49781
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
I just don't know why this is still a topic of debate (which is why I largely try to stay out of it). Are a ton of people dying from COVID? All you have to do is call up your local hospital and ask to get an answer to that one.

Beyond that, I don't really understand what the value is in debating the nuance of the exact numbers at this point. Guys like you don't really seem to give a shit if it's 5,000 or 500,000, so why do we bother talking about it?
So you know the answer to the question is probably one you don't like so you have to accuse me of "not caring". Got it......

See, guys like you don't care if the facts aren't really the facts as long as it stokes fear. And that's all you like to do is stoke fear. Doesn't matter how.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 01:58 PM   #49782
Supporter

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
How it works..if the numbers go down it's because of the restrictions. If the numbers go up it's because people were not following the rules.
We will find out in 20 years that wearing masks actually made things worse!!

Probably not but the way this year has gone it wouldn't shock me at all.
Old 12-17-2020, 02:06 PM   #49783
Kind of a mod

Quote:
So you know the answer to the question is probably one you don't like so you have to accuse me of "not caring". Got it......

See, guys like you don't care if the facts aren't really the facts as long as it stokes fear. And that's all you like to do is stoke fear. Doesn't matter how.
Feel free to tell me the level at which you would have favored "lock downs." It doesn't seem to me that you'd be in favor of shutting things down even if there were 5 million people dead, so again, I just don't know why you go on endlessly debating the numbers as if it's somehow going to change your opinion.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 02:09 PM   #49784
Supporter

Quote:

We haven't had the shut downs per say but we have had a mask mandate since July and similar situation, cases continue to go up.

I still say masks may help some but I don't think they help as much as people think. Whether that's because people don't wear them right or wear the wrong masks or maybe the mask just isn't effective as we thought?

On that note I post a story yesterday that had a study that said wearing a "used mask" might be worse than no mask at all and of course I am accused of minimizing masks.

Point being some here have a bit of tunnel vision.

Suffice it to say there are more people wearing masks now than there were 6 months ago and the cases are surging. That's a hell of a coinkydink though I am sure that's all it is.
Old 12-17-2020, 02:12 PM   #49785
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Feel free to tell me the level at which you would have favored "lock downs." It doesn't seem to me that you'd be in favor of shutting things down even if there were 5 million people dead, so again, I just don't know why you go on endlessly debating the numbers as if it's somehow going to change your opinion.
I am pretty much on the record stating that I think lock downs are dumb but if you want to lock people down then you need to compensate the businesses and employees.

I guess that's just uncaring of me wanting people to be able to eat, have a place to live a job, etc.

You on the other hand would have people literally starving in the streets. I just don't know why you go on, endlessly pretending otherwise?