Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-11-2023, 08:37 PM  
Starter

Old People Thread

Hello old people of CP! Do you ever think about wanting to talk about problems you and other old people have? Is this football forum the only place on the internet you know how to get to? Well look no further! This old man thread is here for you to talk about your trials and tribulations.

Have an itch to complain about how the young generation doesn't know what hard work is? Post it in here! Are there some birds that need yelled or do you have neighbors that play music too loud? We'd love to hear about it! Did you fill your diapers and want to complain about the poor quality of Chinese products? Please regale us!

So if you can barely see letters in this thread without zooming in, but refuse to give up your drivers license, we'd love to read what you have to tell us! Come on in, bring your Werther's candy, and folksy tales of how things used to be!

Last edited by kozzman555; 04-11-2023 at 10:12 PM..
kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 02-18-2024, 08:31 AM   #481
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
I figured it wasn't a "Florida" issue.

When you wont be getting a better job or promotion to being more money into the household. The income is what the income is, its not changing. Inflation goes up or the market changes on something you must have like insurance. You just have to take the hit.

Sorry to hear you have already dealt with something similar to my dilemma. But, glad to hear its kind of universal thing in retirement.
our insurance went up thanks to 'civil unrest'
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 08:39 AM   #482
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
I've always had this. ADD, complete ass short term memory, long term use of copious amounts of alcohol and ativan. All great for short term memory.

I rely on doing the same things at the same times and putting the same things in the same places. Belts on the back of the bathroom door, work clothes hanging on bathroom door the night before, shoes by towel rack. Etc. If my wallet, keys, or glasses aren't in the place they belong in come morning it's usually a 30 minute derailment per item.
Anything unplanned happens in the morning to screw with my routine I'll end up going to work without a belt, my wallet, etc.

There is a silver lining. You can watch movies over and over that you'd swear you never saw before.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 08:41 AM   #483
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
our insurance went up thanks to 'civil unrest'
Huh?

Sounds like a BS excuse for the corporate greed of the insurance company to kick in and screw their customers.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-18-2024, 09:11 AM   #484
Supporter

Quote:
Huh?

Sounds like a BS excuse for the corporate greed of the insurance company to kick in and screw their customers.
actually it's simple math. All the costs the insurance companies have to deal with right down to their electric, labor, travel, etc etc have gone up with this horrible inflation.
They have no choice but to pass it on to survive
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-18-2024, 09:21 AM   #485
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiEd View Post
actually it's simple math. All the costs the insurance companies have to deal with right down to their electric, labor, travel, etc etc have gone up with this horrible inflation.
They have no choice but to pass it on to survive
Most of the insurance companies have left Florida due to payouts. Its not really payouts for a hurricane but replacing roofs.

There has been an explosion of the new roofing companies. And claims for new roofs are up 1700%. Any storm comes through, these roofing companies will exam it for free. Any issues, the homeowners can file to get a new roof even if the storm didn't cause the damage. Because the insurance companies cant prove it wasn't the storm that caused the damage to the roof.

Florida passed some legislation to stop that practice this year.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-18-2024, 09:27 AM   #486
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Huh?

yes and no.

It is Minneapolis.
I can almost see where dumbass kid tried to drive away from the police.
MPLS is still and will always be a shit hole.
It continues today.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-18-2024, 11:10 AM   #487
THE RED MENACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeater View Post
Yes, but instead I'm buying a Corvette in a few weeks. I don't even care if I'm blind. YOLO
That sounds fun.

I've been thinking of doing the same thing the last couple years and I can't get past the road block in my mind that goes New Corvette < Income Property. I know what the right answer is. The Real Estate market is a trip but I really need to pull the trigger this year.

Last edited by BIG_DADDY; 02-18-2024 at 12:07 PM..
BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 02-18-2024, 11:16 AM   #488
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Yes, but instead I'm buying a Corvette in a few weeks. I don't even care if I'm blind. YOLO
YOU driving a fiberglass car?????

What could go wrong?
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-18-2024, 12:17 PM   #489
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY View Post
That sounds fun.

I've been thinking of doing the same thing the last couple years and I can't get past the road block in my mind that goes New Corvette < Income Property. I know what the right answer is. The Real Estate market is a trip but I really need to pull the trigger this year.
Yeah there's definitely other things I could spend it on, but it's always been a life long dream of mine and I'm not getting any younger. I could get diagnosed with cancer next month and then all my plans are for not. Gotta live while you can...
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 12:18 PM   #490
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
YOU driving a fiberglass car?????

What could go wrong?
It has a steel undercarriage. I'll be fine.
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-18-2024, 12:27 PM   #491
THE RED MENACE

Quote:
Yeah there's definitely other things I could spend it on, but it's always been a life long dream of mine and I'm not getting any younger. I could get diagnosed with cancer next month and then all my plans are for not. Gotta live while you can...
Post a picture when you get it. I'll have to live vicariously through you.

I may end up with a kit car Shelby Cobra. Once again I will have to deal with the same road block.
BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 02-18-2024, 12:55 PM   #492
best in the biz

Quote:
It has a steel undercarriage. I'll be fine.
We'll have to hook up.

What year?
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-18-2024, 01:32 PM   #493
sorta mod-ish

Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 01:54 PM   #494
Three-Pat

I don’t know about anyone else here, but I like to keep crown moulding around because you never know when you are gonna need it.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 02:11 PM   #495
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
I don’t know about anyone else here, but I like to keep crown moulding around because you never know when you are gonna need it.
Solid move.

I do that with HDMI cables and cardboard boxes.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote