Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-19-2020, 07:03 PM  
Life is changing..

Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition)

Well Chiefs vs Packers is what I had hoped for, but that's not happening.

Let's talk about Chiefs vs 49ers here.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-20-2020, 05:05 PM   #481
Red, White & Blue for the U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hern View Post
I’m a visitor here so I’ll take the high road and keep it peaceful...

I 100% agree. This is why my original post stated that it’ll take the pass rush to get to Mahomes to negate that speed the Chiefs WR have. If we can’t get to your QB before routes develop, it’ll be over by halftime.
Agreed, nice post.
KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 01-20-2020, 05:10 PM   #482
Supporter

The Superbowl SHOULD be the toughest matchups.....#1-2 O vs #1-2 D. It absolutely SHOULD be a contested matchup where big plays and great coaching make the difference.

I don't hate the way the 9ers play ball, but if you think I waited over 40 years to talk shit on super bowl week and then not do it.....
Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-20-2020, 05:10 PM   #483
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Welcome. Please stick around- your reasonable takes are appreciated.

Does Tartt typically drop deep in your cover 3 or is it primarily Witherspoon and Sherman?

We rotate our safeties a bit more and mix in more cover 2 over what we’ve been running under Saleh the last two years, but Tart typically plays the single high safety roll, and Ward our FS is kind of a Swiss Army knife. Against the Rams in the first game, he played man coverage on Cooper Kupp in the slot.

Weatherspoon got benched after he gave up the bomb to Diggs last week.

He’s struggled badly with confidence the last few weeks.

Emmanuel Moseley took his spot, and has played well all year. He filled in for Spoon in the middle of the season when he had a foot injury.

The corners often press and bail, but we’ll mix in man or off coverage.

I suspect we’ll mix it up against the Chiefs and see if anything sticks.
MOARGore is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMOARGore is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMOARGore is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMOARGore is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMOARGore is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMOARGore is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMOARGore is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMOARGore is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMOARGore is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMOARGore is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMOARGore is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 01-20-2020, 05:12 PM   #484
Thank you

Chiefs 69
49ers 0

And you can take that to the BANK!!!!
carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-20-2020, 05:14 PM   #485
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

On the flipside - might they just be a better version of the 2015 Chiefs?

That team was a game-manager and a creative offensive mind making things work. It was a young Kelce, dynamic Maclin, deep stable of RBs and solid OL that created a good but not great offense. Then a nice set of defenders in Houston, Hali, Poe and Howard making things difficult in the middle with solid coverage that yielded a top 5 defense.

Ultimately I think this 49ers team is what we always hoped the 2014 team would be. The problem w/ '13 is that it didn't have the depth of offensive weapons that the 49ers do. And the '15 team was seeing declining returns from guys like Hali, Houston and Poe.

But if you'd have combined the '13 teams defensive weapons/depth with the '15 teams offensive style/personnel then you'd have something like this 49ers team. And folks, a combination of the '13 and '15 Chiefs teams could've won a championship but '14 just didn't work out that way for a variety of reasons.

Ultimately I think the Chiefs can win this game, but I hope they realize that they can't **** off this time around.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 05:16 PM   #486
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hern View Post
I’m a visitor here so I’ll take the high road and keep it peaceful...

I 100% agree. This is why my original post stated that it’ll take the pass rush to get to Mahomes to negate that speed the Chiefs WR have. If we can’t get to your QB before routes develop, it’ll be over by halftime.
I dunno. I can see a scenario where your defense struggles against KC offense but the game overall is a very close one. Niners offense has plenty of potential to put 35+ points on KC defense.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 01-20-2020, 05:18 PM   #487
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Ultimately I think the Chiefs can win this game, but I hope they realize that they can't **** off this time around.
And that is going to be the main thing in this game.

If the Chiefs can not step on their own dicks for almost a quarter and actually start the game out with a lead.....then I don’t think it’s going to be that close. But you can’t start out slow a third game in a row and just expect to shut down a team again. Yes I know that shit happened with the Texans and the Titans but the 49ers have an offense that has playmakers on it and a coach that can scheme an offense to beat you.

Last edited by The Franchise; 01-20-2020 at 05:33 PM..
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-20-2020, 05:20 PM   #488
Most Valuable Villain

And if I had to pick a score based off of this very moment.

Chiefs - 34
49ers - 24
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 05:21 PM   #489
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deebo19 View Post
Congratulations on getting to the Super Bowl. 49er fan looking for a high scoring, last possession game.

The gist I get from this thread is the 9ers haven't seen or had to deal with a high octane offense like yours before. I mean it's unbelievable and definitely scary.

But I think where fans need to be careful is, we as 49er fans know how explosive your offense is and who your key players are.

On the contrary, I think your fans are underestimating the 49er offense, especially Jimmy. But, without watching every single 49er snap, that's completely understandable.

Everyone says they're going to stop the run, and it was possible during the middle stretch of our season with both our tackles and juice out. We were playing with our 4th and 5th string tackles, plus Kittle was out for a stretch.

Now it's a different story.

Will we have enough firepower? We'll find out, but at this very moment I am very confident, but admit I have no idea who is going to win this game.
We do though, know that is

Spoiler!
Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 01-20-2020, 05:23 PM   #490
You gotta kill a few people

The 49ers excel at outside runs and that's where we're a bit weak.

We've got the beef in the middle to stop dives and other inside runs but our LBs are still slow.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 05:23 PM   #491
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
And that is going to be the main thing in this game.

If the Chiefs can not step on their own dicks for almost a quarter and actually start the game out with a lead.....then I don’t think it’s going to be that close. But you can’t start out slow a third game in a row and just expect to shut down a team again. Yes I know that shit happened with the Texans and the Titans but the 49ers have an offense that has playmakers on it and a coach that can scheme an offense to beat you.
Gotta have a better start for sure. I am hoping much warmer temperature in Miami will help the receivers catch the ball easier than we have seen in KC wind chill of 5-15 degrees.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 01-20-2020, 05:31 PM   #492
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
The 49ers excel at outside runs and that's where we're a bit weak.

We've got the beef in the middle to stop dives and other inside runs but our LBs are still slow.
Sure did just fine against Lindsay and Cook on those.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-20-2020, 05:32 PM   #493
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
The 49ers are the toughest matchup in the NFL for the Chiefs.

The Chiefs can struggle if you get pressure w/ 4 because they can't run the ball efficiently enough to slow the DL down and the screen game just hasn't been very good. So teams that can send 4 and create havoc can keep 7 in coverage and do enough to clog up passing lanes and/or disrupt the timing of the offense. With Bosa, Armstead, Buckner and (yes) Ford - that's a lot of guys that can **** stuff up on the DL. It's a nasty front that can make things difficult all day without having to send extra defenders.

On offense they have genuine game-breakers out of the backfield in Mostert and Breida, who are both very elusive and very quick. Henry isn't as shifty or quick - he gave you a target to hit. The Niners backs don't and Shanahan runs the most interesting running attack in football right now. He's just got a damn nice scheme.

Moreover, if you sell-out to clog rushing lanes, Samuel's emergence as a deep threat along with Sanders as a stick mover and the dangerous Kittle mean that they can really hurt us if we give them an opening.

I figured the Chiefs had a real nice path to double digit wins against both Houston and TN, but this 49ers team is a different critter.

The Chiefs can obviously win the game, but they need to play the best game (ALL 60 minutes) that they've played all season. None of these brutal 3rd down drops. None of the coverage breakdowns and none of the stupid penalties.

They have to play incredibly well. Their previous 2 opponents simply weren't at their level talent-wise. They could give a B- effort and beat two overmatched teams. The 49ers ain't overmatched. Not on paper and not in the coaching staff.

This is gonna be a dogfight and if the Chiefs come out flat, they'll lose it. They have to come out sharper than they've come out in the last 2 games.
This to a T. Those first quarter sputters that put us behind early in both of our playoff games could sink us in a game like this. We have to bring 4 quarters of A game play on offense, defense, and special teams.
johnny961 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.johnny961 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.johnny961 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.johnny961 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.johnny961 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.johnny961 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.johnny961 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.johnny961 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.johnny961 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.johnny961 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.johnny961 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 01-20-2020, 05:38 PM   #494
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Both teams are bound to press a little early, it’s a bunch of dudes playing in their first SB. You hope our team won’t do that, but ultimately someone probably will and it will cost us in some fashion. Same for SF.

Point being, I don’t think KC has to be perfect to win the game. They need to be cleaner in the 1st quarter than the past two weeks, but they don’t have to be flawless. Neither team is going to be.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-20-2020, 05:41 PM   #495
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

I would also come to grips with the fact that Shanahan is probably going to get us defensively with his opening 15 plays. He’s the best there is in that phase of the game.

You hope to hold them to 3 or even 0, but if KC doesn’t keep them out of the end zone, don’t be shocked nor panicked. The strength of this defense is their coaching staff’s ability to adjust.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.