Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 07:42 AM  
Cast Iron Jedi

What's for dinner? Here's mine... (Part 2)

What you got?
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 08-18-2014, 02:50 PM   #481
Supporter

I cut the nose off the state fair butter cow with my throwing axe just for that very thing.

I'm planning to melt it in a cast iron skillet placed over a fire I start with a pile of wood surrounding a jug of gas that I shoot with a flaming arrow.
Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 08-18-2014, 02:59 PM   #482
**** you, you cretin.

I'm with FMB that steak could have used more color. If you followed Alton's directions to a T then I'll go about 40 seconds on the searing instead of the 30.
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 08-18-2014, 03:05 PM   #483
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inmem58 View Post
I'm with FMB that steak could have used more color. If you followed Alton's directions to a T then I'll go about 40 seconds on the searing instead of the 30.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/a...ye-recipe.html

It's 30... And, given the lack of thickness of the meat, I did a great job actually. I didn't get the steak, that's where the challenge started...

And I had to improvise, I won't pan-cook a stek without some form of rosemary, and you have to has at least some oil to get that done. Other than than making adjustments for having to use an anorexic steak, and the rosemary deal, it was exactly to his specs. Even putting it on a upside-down smaller plate on a larger plate.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 08-18-2014, 08:04 PM   #484
**** you, you cretin.

It was a little too rare for me.
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 08-18-2014, 08:18 PM   #485
You Sweetie!

Quote:

It was a little too rare for me.
was it pan seared?
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 08-18-2014, 08:20 PM   #486
**** you, you cretin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
was it pan seared?
Yes, Alton Brown suggested 30 seconds on each side. I actually did 45 and in the oven on 500 degrees for 2 minutes on each side. The middle was luke warm. It was rare.

Old 08-18-2014, 08:23 PM   #487
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Yes, Alton Brown suggested 30 seconds on each side. I actually did 45 and in the oven on 500 degrees for 2 minutes on each side. The middle was luke warm. It was rare.
probably off an electric stove huh? same here - I can't seem to get the skillet hot enough. Shitty T-fal - I know they have some decent skillets - but mine must be their low tier.

Honestly a peanut oil is ok on steaks - if you've never tried it.
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 08-18-2014, 08:23 PM   #488
Mod Team

Quote:
I had a fairly thick piece of steak the other night and did 2 minutes a side in the cast iron and then 2 minutes a side in the oven at 450. It came out medium-rare and had a great crush that made some very tender fat as well being in the pan that long.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 08-18-2014, 08:28 PM   #489
**** you, you cretin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
probably off an electric stove huh? same here - I can't seem to get the skillet hot enough. Shitty T-fal - I know they have some decent skillets - but mine must be their low tier.

Honestly a peanut oil is ok on steaks - if you've never tried it.
Yeah I have an electric stove. I even put my skillet in the oven while it was preheating. That skillet was damn hot. My steaks were about a one inch thick.

Old 08-18-2014, 08:30 PM   #490
**** you, you cretin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
I had a fairly thick piece of steak the other night and did 2 minutes a side in the cast iron and then 2 minutes a side in the oven at 450. It came out medium-rare and had a great crush that made some very tender fat as well being in the pan that long.
I dunno, I was disappointed. I bought 3 steaks. I had one and my wife had one. Both came out the same. The last one I seared for 1 minute and placed in the oven at 3 minutes per side.

Old 08-18-2014, 08:43 PM   #491
Mod Team

Quote:
I dunno, I was disappointed. I bought 3 steaks. I had one and my wife had one. Both came out the same. The last one I seared for 1 minute and placed in the oven at 3 minutes per side.
Mine were about 1 inch as well and I also have an electric stove which is why I went with a longer cook time per side on the stove. Takes a while to figure out how to use it. Mine came out great the second time I used it for steaks.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 08-18-2014, 08:45 PM   #492
**** you, you cretin.

Quote:
Mine were about 1 inch as well and I also have an electric stove which is why I went with a longer cook time per side on the stove. Takes a while to figure out how to use it. Mine came out great the second time I used it for steaks.
Yeah I rushed it, I was scared running around the house because the smoke. Next time I'll stay calm and actually throw in some butter and rosemary to glaze it.

Old 08-18-2014, 08:46 PM   #493
Mod Team

Quote:
Yeah I rushed it, I was scared running around the house because the smoke. Next time I'll stay calm and actually throw in some butter and rosemary to glaze it.
Don't you have a vent fan above the stove?

Old 08-18-2014, 08:47 PM   #494
**** you, you cretin.

Quote:
Don't you have a vent fan above the stove?
Yes, but this thing was pumping out smoke like crazy. The kid went to his room lol

Old 08-18-2014, 09:06 PM   #495
You Sweetie!

Quote:
The kid went to his room lol

Closed Thread