Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-10-2020, 06:10 AM   #49201
best in the biz

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
And just to be clear, I'm not overtly trying to pick a fight here, I'm just making a point.

I've made it to BRC before but he apparently doesn't want to understand it.

For sure, there are some people for which this is about science. Or human decency. For a lot more, it has nothing to do with altruism. It has everything to do with political expediency or the ability to feel morally or intellectually superior.

That happens A LOT on this thread right here on CP and if that's what helps people cope with COVID, I guess I can understand that.

What I can't understand is the need to try and hide behind the facade of actually caring about fellow human beings when that's not what this is about at all. If it was, all of the other issues we have wouldn't be ignored.

Some people just can't resist the lure of the soapbox.
Bravo!

Example: Look how many people posted in the thread of the elderly woman getting robbed for 75k.
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-10-2020, 07:24 AM   #49202
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
It costs the economy billions a year, a cost we all bear whether we are obese or not.
There are very real socioeconomic factors that contribute to obesity, namely the cheapness and availability of foods that are horrible for you due to agricultural subsidies, whose alteration requires a significantly larger behavioral shift than wearing a mask in public or getting a two-dose vaccination series. That's an exceptionally reductive analogy.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-10-2020, 07:27 AM   #49203
I love your mom

Quote:
It costs the economy billions a year, a cost we all bear whether we are obese or not.
I am fine with banning cigarettes, alcohol and high fructose corn syrup , but then someone will come in say something about the economy or freedoms and we will right back where we are now in this thread.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 12-10-2020, 07:42 AM   #49204
Life is changing..

FDA meeting from 8am-5pm today to discuss the Pfizer vaccine. Here's a link if anyone is interested.

https://www.fda.gov/advisory-committ...g-announcement
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-10-2020, 07:46 AM   #49205
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
I am fine with banning cigarettes, alcohol and high fructose corn syrup , but then someone will come in say something about the economy or freedoms and we will right back where we are now in this thread.

Give me a break.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 08:10 AM   #49206
Generational Player

Investigation: African migrants 'left to die' in Saudi Arabia’s hellish Covid detention centres
'The guards just throw the bodies out back as if it was trash,' said one

Saudi Arabia, one of the wealthiest countries on earth, is keeping hundreds if not thousands of African migrants locked in heinous conditions reminiscent of Libya’s slave camps as part of a drive to stop the spread of Covid-19, an investigation by The Sunday Telegraph has found.

Graphic mobile phone images sent to the newspaper by migrants held inside the detention centres show dozens of emaciated men crippled by the Arabian heat lying shirtless in tightly packed rows in small rooms with barred windows.

One photo shows what appears to be a corpse swathed in a purple and white blanket in their midst. They say it is the body of a migrant who had died of heatstroke and that others are barely getting enough food and water to survive.

Another image, too graphic to publish, shows a young African man hanged from a window grate in an internal tiled wall. The adolescent killed himself after losing hope, say his friends, many of whom have been held in detention since April.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-h...abias-hellish/
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 12-10-2020, 08:13 AM   #49207
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
Give me a break.
Which part lol, the banning ? The freedoms? All of it? I was mostly just trying to be a dick.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 12-10-2020, 08:27 AM   #49208
In Search of a Life

Quote:
And just to be clear, I'm not overtly trying to pick a fight here, I'm just making a point.

I've made it to BRC before but he apparently doesn't want to understand it.

For sure, there are some people for which this is about science. Or human decency. For a lot more, it has nothing to do with altruism. It has everything to do with political expediency or the ability to feel morally or intellectually superior.

That happens A LOT on this thread right here on CP and if that's what helps people cope with COVID, I guess I can understand that.

What I can't understand is the need to try and hide behind the facade of actually caring about fellow human beings when that's not what this is about at all. If it was, all of the other issues we have wouldn't be ignored.

I try to come at it from an empathetic standpoint, in that I don't want other people to have to go thru what our family has had to.

My aunt and uncle had some real struggles with their business while they were in and out of the hospital with COvid. It's a tough year for alot of people.

I've got 2 more family members currently hospitalized as of earlier this week, hopefully they're coming home today though so we're thankful for that. I'm just ready for this thing to be over with.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-10-2020, 08:46 AM   #49209
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
FDA meeting from 8am-5pm today to discuss the Pfizer vaccine. Here's a link if anyone is interested.

https://www.fda.gov/advisory-committ...g-announcement
I'm not sure what platform they are using to meet, but they are clearly having technical issues.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-10-2020, 08:55 AM   #49210
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:

I post the numbers of Americans dead and I'm on a soapbox. And then you escalate it with your multiple posts to question whether I care about my fellow human beings or just pretending to score some partisan political points. You need to stop the personal attacks.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 08:55 AM   #49211
In Search of a Life

Parsing thru the data, why isn't a single shot of the pfizer vaccine on the table? I understand for long term the 2nd, but damn after the 1 thats a hella response.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-10-2020, 09:29 AM   #49212
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Parsing thru the data, why isn't a single shot of the pfizer vaccine on the table? I understand for long term the 2nd, but damn after the 1 thats a hella response.
I'm hoping they discuss this today.
Old 12-10-2020, 09:33 AM   #49213
In Search of a Life

welp, just got the word 2nd person i know that died of covid today plus myy best friend growing up and to this day has it pretty bad, but i think he's going to be ok. He just says it ****ing sucks.
kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.
Old 12-10-2020, 09:37 AM   #49214
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv View Post
welp, just got the word 2nd person i know that died of covid today plus myy best friend growing up and to this day has it pretty bad, but i think he's going to be ok. He just says it ****ing sucks.
Sorry to hear about your friend.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-10-2020, 09:40 AM   #49215
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
Give me a break.
****ing Canadians.....
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.