Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-19-2020, 07:03 PM  
Life is changing..

Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition)

Well Chiefs vs Packers is what I had hoped for, but that's not happening.

Let's talk about Chiefs vs 49ers here.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-31-2020, 09:29 AM   #4906
Arrowhead Trail of Tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by All22 View Post
He won two Superbowls under Mike Shanahan and in a very similar offense. Mike also ran T.D. all day like we've been running Mostert.

What do you expect him to say
Sure, I get that. Once a loser donkey always a loser donkey

He has been riding mahomies nuts all year and all week so it was a bit of a surprise. I'll be glad once we run the 49ers out of Miami and all these talking heads look like the idiots they are
TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-31-2020, 09:30 AM   #4907
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Good point.

To quote Barney Stinson (kind of): Haaaaaaaaave ya seen what the Chiefs did to the run games of the Broncos, Vikings and Packers?
And now to quote myself:

Four games. 89 carries. 337 yards. 3.8 YPR.

Now, none of those teams have the-two way weapons at TE and FB that San Francisco does. I expect the 49ers to be more successful. But the Chiefs will defend the run far better than the Packers or Vikings did.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 09:31 AM   #4908
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I'm truly terrified of Bashaud Breeland in this game.

The play-action is going to eat him alive. He's not a particularly smart CB and he's super-aggressive. He loves coming downhill in run support and those play fakes will have him jumping every time. Worse still, he'd be a marginal athlete at SS, as a CB he's Richard Sherman without the savvy. He has nothing approaching the recovery speed to stay in a play if he so much as takes a single false step.

I hope he just shades these guys towards inside routes, stays back on play action and stays on those dig/in routes. Eventually they'll torch him on a double move but oh well - they ain't gonna win it with 7 points. You tip your cap and go to the sideline at that point. If Grapes can get you with a deep throw on the sidelines, well then he got you. But don't give him that easy money that you were giving Tannehill and Corey Davis last week. Oh, and none of that even speaks to the fact that he's good for at least one holding and/or PI penalty per week when he gets beat.

I think he's gonna be a walking 3rd down conversion if he plays anything like he's played most of the year. He's simply a god-awful matchup for a Shanahan team that thrives on misdirection and play action. Still can't believe that stupid ****er held a guys jersey on 3rd and 22.

You just can't be much dumber than Bashaud Breeland is out there and I just know it's going to kill us. I have no idea what Spags can do to minimize his impact but I hope he figures something out. Otherwise it'll be like that game where Manning just dropped back and found Mitchell every play for 3 series and beat us with the Broncos.

The guy's a major liability.
The defense is better than a year ago, but still has plenty of flaws. I think Mahomes and his teammates on offense will need their A game. I do not see the Niners scoring less than 30 points.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 01-31-2020, 09:31 AM   #4909
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post

Guess after 50 years he finally remembered he had it.
Hern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 09:32 AM   #4910
2 Legit 2 Colquitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dowd View Post
Will Mahomes be the same guy under the bright lights of the superbowl with all the pressure on him vs an insanely good defense who's motivated and healthy? This is a big question that Chiefs fans should be worried about because If he's off his game I don't se the Chiefs pulling this out.
No, he'll be even better. Mahomes plays his best on the biggest stage. He performs under pressure as well as any athlete I've ever seen. He is going to have a lot of new believers on Monday.
ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 01-31-2020, 09:46 AM   #4911
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Re: DJ on Breeland

I can see your concern and think it’s fair but even on Breeland’s worst day, he was damn close to intercepting that pass across the field on an in-cutting route off of play action.

He’s not perfect — not close. But I think you’re selling him short. He has showed smarts at various times, not limited to but including the under cut against New England to steal that INT off of Brady.

He is going to give up some completions to dig routes probably. Ward very well might too. They’re tough to deal with if your LBs can’t get great depth off of play action recognition, and the Chiefs aren’t great in that area.

But how about the fact that all we have heard about is Garoppolo and his propensity to target the MOF? Well, if that’s the case, I would hope that this coaching staff has done their job and come up with good alignments that will hopefully force Jimmy to throw outside the numbers. Take inside leverage whenever it’s reasonably possible. I’m not saying take inside when you’re lined up over Emmanuel Sanders, flexed in tight to the formation, with the field to work with. But if you’re in the MOF, I make Jimmy attempt the harder pass and take the inside away.

The deeper layers of course come into play with this cause we will need our corners to do some run defending on the perimeter. It’s just very tough. The scheme that they’re bringing is a bitch for any set of players and we have to execute, especially along the LOS, if we are to win.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-31-2020, 09:50 AM   #4912
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

And to add to the post above, when this thing is over, I think it might be which team creates the most splash plays on defense that wins. I don’t think either offense is going to struggle a ton (unless KC jumps ahead and SF loses their run threat).

Both teams are going to take their lumps defensively IMO and from there it’s going to be about who can come up with that huge interception, that sack to force a FG, maybe even knock a fumble loose.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-31-2020, 09:51 AM   #4913
Generational Player

Too many media fawning over defense. Sure, the 49ers defense can win against mediocre offense. But against elite offense this league favors that over D.

I'm far more worried about 49ers offense than their D.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 01-31-2020, 09:53 AM   #4914
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by All22 View Post
There are lots of teams that resemble last year's running game: Denver, Rams, Packers etc.
The Vikings resemble Mike Shanahan's offense.

But not the Titans. Just look at the way we use Kittle and Juice. The Titans don't have anything like that.

They're superficially similar in some ways but I think the Rams are far more similar to us than any other team even though the personnel is different (no FB) and they run more inside zone than outside. The Packers are pretty similar schematically but after two games against them it's clear that Lafluer isn't in the same class of play design or play calling as Kyle is
From a playcalling standpoint, the Rams and Niners are not similar at all. Just look at the situational run/pass ratios. They do similar things with lots of pre-snap motion, but the Rams pretty much run 11 personnel on every down and don't call nearly as many runs in neutral situations as the Niners.

Titans and Niners are WAY more alike on offense than the Niners and Rams.
wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 01-31-2020, 09:53 AM   #4915
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Apparently Eric Fisher told media yesterday that he didn’t feel 100% from the injury he had until the Texans game. Makes sense coming off of the bye.

He’s a huge X-factor as well. I think we all trust Schwartz to play well, but if Fisher does too, the Chiefs will score very early and very often.
Old 01-31-2020, 09:57 AM   #4916
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

I’m ****ing rambling here but also to your Breeland point DJ, I think it’s notable that Mathieu is a huge difference maker in that area. He’s a roamer for this defense right now who somehow has the ability to take away multiple routes within one play. We’ve saw that in the last 2 games with these hi/lo concepts that he muddles up for the QB by bouncing around so much.

Even if Breeland loses that battle a few times, Mathieu very well may be waiting inside the hashes and could snatch the ball away on any given play.
Old 01-31-2020, 09:57 AM   #4917
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
And to add to the post above, when this thing is over, I think it might be which team creates the most splash plays on defense that wins. I don’t think either offense is going to struggle a ton (unless KC jumps ahead and SF loses their run threat).

Both teams are going to take their lumps defensively IMO and from there it’s going to be about who can come up with that huge interception, that sack to force a FG, maybe even knock a fumble loose.
Turnovers are huge for sure. KC needs to play as clean as possible. That includes the special teams unit. We’ve seen some of the disaster stuff with them.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 01-31-2020, 09:57 AM   #4918
Forever Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth View Post
If you know anything about Skip, he will never admit to being wrong. He will debate an argument/excuse to WHY things didn't go the way he predicted.

Earlier in this thread I mentioned what his excuse will be. He was complaining about the Titans not blitzing enough and just letting Mahomes have time. Because I don’t think the 49ers are going to pressure Mahomes a ton rushing just four and Mahomes is going to make plays, he is going to again blame it on the defense giving Mahomes time.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 09:58 AM   #4919
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
Apparently Eric Fisher told media yesterday that he didn’t feel 100% from the injury he had until the Texans game. Makes sense coming off of the bye.

He’s a huge X-factor as well. I think we all trust Schwartz to play well, but if Fisher does too, the Chiefs will score very early and very often.
Yeah - I'm kinda over worrying about this 49er defense.

I've seen enough at this point to believe they're situation dependant, same as must teams, and that our offense is efficient enough to stay out of those situations more than most and succeed when in them more than most as well.

We'll score points.

My concerns right now are almost exclusively with how to keep the 49ers from putting up 38 and in so doing, keeping the Chiefs offense off the field and under immense pressure.

The last thing I want to see is one of those Vermiel era games where any punt or turnover feels like the end of the world. With an extra week and a very smart HC, the 49ers are going to be able to attack our weaknesses. This defense has more strengths than it's given credit for and in a regular season game I think they'd be apparent. But with a week off to scheme around our strengths and target our weaknesses, I just get a little concerned that we'll end up seeing a 'career day defense' kind of performance out there. And not because they all sucked, but because enough of them did.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-31-2020, 10:00 AM   #4920
testing ... 1, 2, 3

The word that keeps popping into (what remains of) my brain is, "Strategery."

Is it actually possible to wear down a pass rush? Can you force them to chase the width of the field for two quarters using jet sweeps and flat passes? Run an up-tempo offense to prevent substitutions? Will screens eventually burn their fuel pointlessly? Max protect, flood half the field, and call roll-out options and RPOs to wear them down?

Does that work?

FAX THE CURIOUS
FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.