Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-08-2020, 08:50 PM   #48931
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Me personally?
Nah, just a general proposition.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2020, 08:51 PM   #48932
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Nah, just a general proposition.
Ah ok. Wasn’t sure. Carry on
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2020, 08:52 PM   #48933
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
If immunity rates are low, COVID won't go away. That's all there is to it.
Well if you get to make the choice then Darwinism wins out. Eventually it will go away. There was no vaccine for the Spanish Flu.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2020, 08:54 PM   #48934
Supporter

Quote:
Yeah who gives a shit about other people
If you don't want the vaccine thats's your problem. That has nothing to do with "giving a shit about other people". That's called you made your decision you deal with the consequences of your choice.

In fact I would say I care enough about other people to let them live their life the way they choose instead of the way I want them too.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2020, 08:55 PM   #48935
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
Wrong again. It doesn't last that long. People are still going to have to wear masks and social distance.
Sure....
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2020, 08:58 PM   #48936
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
Well if you get to make the choice then Darwinism wins out. Eventually it will go away. There was no vaccine for the Spanish Flu.
You realize that all modern flu pandemics came from the Spanish flu, right? It never truly went away.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 08:59 PM   #48937
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
If you don't want the vaccine thats's your problem. That has nothing to do with "giving a shit about other people". That's called you made your decision you deal with the consequences of your choice.

In fact I would say I care enough about other people to let them live their life the way they choose instead of the way I want them too.
We are now at the point that your rights have no meaning anymore. Well I mean we passed that point months ago.

We need what 60% to get to herd immunity but apparently the other 40% will be vilified.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 08:59 PM   #48938
Supporter

Quote:
I know this is the thing we've been debating for months now, but the goal of this is to ELIMINATE COVID-19, and the way you do that is to get as many people immune to it as possible.

It's true that people will be MORE protected if they can get the vaccine, but it's not 100%. And the lower the vaccination rates, the longer it can hang around. If it hangs around, that's what leads to a need for repeated doses in the future and vaccinating babies.

In short, if we half ass the vaccination effort the way we've half assed everything to do this point, we'll continue to suffer the consequences of doing so. Will it be as bad as it is now? No. But can't we all just do what we're supposed to do so that we can be DONE with this damn thing?
Covid is not going away. Did the measles go away? And when you say people should do what they are "supposed to do" who crowned you King to decide what others are "supposed to do"?

I think what you mean to say is people should do what you think they should do.

I will say this again. Get the vaccine if you want and leave others the **** alone. If you choose not to get the vaccine that's on you. This is the mentality many political arguments are rooted in, people telling others what they must do. You take care of you. Once the vaccine is available then you don't need to worry about someone else.

If I didn't already have Covid I would get the vaccine and that's my choice. But it's not my place to tell everyone else what they have to do. Just like I don't tell you that you can't drink or smoke or anything like that.
Old 12-08-2020, 08:59 PM   #48939
Diablo Negro

Quote:
You realize that all modern flu pandemics came from the Spanish flu, right? It never truly went away.
Well then this vaccine wont stop shit apparently.
Old 12-08-2020, 08:59 PM   #48940
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Yeah there is now. It’s not as effective as this one because it mutates and has high antigenic drift. I don’t remember which H virus the Spanish flu is, but it’s still circulating

H5n1 maybe? I don’t remember
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2020, 09:00 PM   #48941
Supporter

Quote:
Yet you think we will eliminate Covid?
Old 12-08-2020, 09:00 PM   #48942
In Search of a Life

Quote:
We are now at the point that your rights have no meaning anymore. Well I mean we passed that point months ago.

We need what 60% to get to herd immunity but apparently the other 40% will be vilified.
70% atleast
Old 12-08-2020, 09:02 PM   #48943
Supporter

Quote:

It's ****ing ridiculous. What you are seeing is people grasping at straws to keep the "it's to protect you from me" mentality alive. When the vaccine hits that dies.

Would I like to see everyone get the vaccine Yes. Is it my business if you don't? No.
Old 12-08-2020, 09:03 PM   #48944
In Search of a Life

For ****s sake guys.

If we have a high rate of vaccination, yea, we could likely eliminate SARS cov 2. Corona viruses don’t mutate like influenza viruses so if that stays the case, yeah, we could get rid of it.

Just like we could measles if everyone was vaccinated
Old 12-08-2020, 09:03 PM   #48945
Diablo Negro

Quote:
70% atleast
Ok then. You doubt 70% will get vaccinated?