Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-16-2020, 01:58 PM   #4861
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
I'm watching the press conference Live right now and Fauci basically said to stay inside and avoid contact.

I don't think that any of the recommendations or mandates that have been put in place by state and local governments have overstepped any bounds.

He also said that we're far, far behind "where we think we are" in terms of infection meaning the worst is yet to come.
Of course it is.

That's a reality of something becoming endemic. Again, it's an underlying premise of these curves.

The animations are really what drive these home. The infection rates in the middle of those curves skyrocket, for sure. And then the recovered rates start to tick up slowly...then incredibly quickly. And while that's happening, the eligible carrier population slowly gets siphoned into the infected and recovered population. And all the while you try to stay below your 'critical mass' line so that the outcomes are as strong as possible for those still in the infected group.

Nobody ever suggested things won't get worse - they CLEARLY will. But it's a necessary step. If anyone has ever bought into those curves, they HAVE to accept that line of thinking.

"Things will get worse" in this case is a truism. It's how this was always going to go.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-16-2020, 01:58 PM   #4862
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
I'm watching the press conference Live right now and Fauci basically said to stay inside and avoid contact.

I don't think that any of the recommendations or mandates that have been put in place by state and local governments have overstepped any bounds.

He also said that we're far, far behind "where we think we are" in terms of infection meaning the worst is yet to come.

Yeah, F that, I'm going outside. WTF difference does it make if I go outside? OH NO, I INFECTED MY DRIVEWAY!
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-16-2020, 01:59 PM   #4863
testing ... 1, 2, 3

I should like to clarify my position on this subject (since I seem to have pissed some good people off) ...

I am not downplaying the potentially horrific impact of COVID-19.

I am 100% opposed to people getting sick. I'm even more opposed to death. Period. I'm rock solid on that point.

Nonetheless, pragmatism combined with optimism is an effective brew ... especially when combined with a shot of Don Julio 1942.

Some medical professionals say that 1.7 million Americans can die from this. Others are saying that's utter hogwash. Since I don't study viruses for a living I suppose I can either choose a side to believe right now ... or I can continue to educate myself as events unfold. I choose the latter. After all, this is a moving target associated with a lot of variables.

Meanwhile, the majority of physicians are prescribing Basic Common Sense and the beautiful and witty Mrs. FAX and I are following those instructions.

Perhaps a re-calibration of our society was inevitable anyway. Perhaps we'll look back on it as a good thing (after all, radical change seems more difficult as it is happening). On the other hand, it is also possible that the lasting reverberations of a national "shut-down" over COVID-19 will be seen as ultimately and abidingly harmful in significant ways.

As for me, if I'm going to die, I would prefer not to die in a state of jaundiced fear. If conditions improve? Great. If not? Definitely bad. Either way, I encourage everyone to avoid engaging in or encouraging alarmism and panic. That will not help anybody or anything.

After all, whatever sort of post-COVID-19 world we will survive to see is the one we are creating now.

FAX
FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-16-2020, 01:59 PM   #4864
I'll be back.

Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-16-2020, 01:59 PM   #4865
THE RED MENACE

They are ordering shelter in place for the entire bay area. **** Gavin Newsome.
BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 03-16-2020, 02:01 PM   #4866
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post

That’s awesome.
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-16-2020, 02:01 PM   #4867
"You like to drink?"

Independence Bass Pro's Hunting dept cleared over $100,000 in sales across the past few days.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-16-2020, 02:02 PM   #4868
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
Yeah, F that, I'm going outside. WTF difference does it make if I go outside? OH NO, I INFECTED MY DRIVEWAY!
Oh yeah, I'm going "outside" and I'm going to Lake Hollywood to run and bike because I'm not putting myself in contact with anyone else.

But I do agree that if the goal is to limit the spread of disease, gyms, restaurants, etc. are a no-no.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-16-2020, 02:02 PM   #4869
It was not a fair catch

This is all unreal.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 02:04 PM   #4870
THE RED MENACE

Quote:
Oh yeah, I'm going "outside" and I'm going to Lake Hollywood to run and bike because I'm not putting myself in contact with anyone else.

But I do agree that if the goal is to limit the spread of disease, gyms, restaurants, etc. are a no-no.
If I'm ****ed you will be too.
BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 03-16-2020, 02:04 PM   #4871
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
The unknown comic is alive and well.
neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-16-2020, 02:05 PM   #4872
I’m a Mahomo!

Dow:

Down 2998.87 12.93%
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-16-2020, 02:05 PM   #4873
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KChiefs1 View Post
That’s awesome.
People seemed in a good mood at the grocery store this morning. Lot's of joking around about the whole thing.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-16-2020, 02:08 PM   #4874
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
This is all unreal.
It's like a ****ing movie
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-16-2020, 02:09 PM   #4875
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
People seemed in a good mood at the grocery store this morning. Lot's of joking around about the whole thing.

I haven’t ran into one chicken little yet when I’ve been out & about, but they are all probably at home under their beds anyway.