Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-23-2023, 08:34 AM   #4801
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
What does "strive to be better" even mean? Do we think they aren't trying to be better?

Quit with the veiled shit and say what you want here guys. Go trade for someone? What?

It's a god damn top 5 offense in the league. It's a top 5 defense in the league. It's potentially the best overall Chiefs team....ever?

The all time great offense of 2018 is gone. If that's what we're gonna hold up as the bar for this group, it's not gonna hit it.
Or "prepare for HoF TE to retire" when he's still capable of 150+ yard games.

Why stop at another 1000 yard receiver, maybe grab 2 or 3 in case someone gets hurt... maybe a 1000 yard rusher, too. Maybe trade for a decent backup QB like Hurts or Allen.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 08:38 AM   #4802
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Got tired of waiting to only show up when they lose, huh.
Noticed that too huh?
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-23-2023, 08:40 AM   #4803
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
This is ridiculous. He's effectively a rookie who has a particular skillset and runs a limited route tree at this point. The only guy who has truly separated from him in an apples-to-apples way is Rice and no one is surprised by that.

The dude was an undrafted FA and now is on a team that's still trying to figure itself out as the favorites to win the SB. The only real cream that has risen to the top is Rice - the rest of the grade for these receivers is very incomplete.

And I was a real pump-the-breaks guy on Ross during training camp so it's not like I've been fawning over him forever.
The endzone play was obviously designed to get the ball to him and high point the ball. Which is his strength. Reid still believes in him or he wouldn't have called that play.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-23-2023, 08:42 AM   #4804
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Got tired of waiting to only show up when they lose, huh.
I mean, not really. I was posting yesterday during the game.
OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 10-23-2023, 08:48 AM   #4805
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Or "prepare for HoF TE to retire" when he's still capable of 150+ yard games.

Why stop at another 1000 yard receiver, maybe grab 2 or 3 in case someone gets hurt... maybe a 1000 yard rusher, too. Maybe trade for a decent backup QB like Hurts or Allen.
Why does this have to be some big argument? Is it not a reasonable take that it would be better in both the short term and long term if we see more out of the WR group? It's also a fact that any time we've seen the offense working as expected it's been against bottom tier defenses. We've played a pretty cupcake schedule overall. How does this group do later this year against teams like Miami or Cincinnati or in the SB against SF/Philly? I certainly hope they have everything worked out and are firing on all cylinders, but it's not unreasonable to have some concern as to whether that still happens against better competition. I don't see myself or anyone else playing chicken little here, just voicing some level of concern.

And just because Kelce is capable of 150+ doesn't mean he should have to do that for the offense to function. We also saw the offense stagnate again in the 2nd half, I'm guessing the defense adjusted to take away those wide open looks he was getting in the 2nd quarter (played more man?) and we saw the results. I'm cautiously optimistic we'll see someone else step up over the next couple of months to become more of a go to option, hopefully it's Rice.
OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 08:51 AM   #4806
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKchiefs View Post
I mean, not really. I was posting yesterday during the game.
You always post/bitch during the game.

But when they win, you usually disappear after.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-23-2023, 08:52 AM   #4807
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
You always post/bitch during the game.

But when they win, you usually disappear after.
Didn't really do much bitching at all yesterday, but I'm aware that i've had that habit and I'm trying to fix that. So back to this subject, I don't think I'm coming out with any unreasonable takes today.
Old 10-23-2023, 08:57 AM   #4808
In Search of a Life

"We shouldn't be relying on the HOF best tight end of all time".

Yes, they'll have to worry about replacing Kelce. Doesn't seem like that's something to wrry about right now though.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-23-2023, 09:10 AM   #4809
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKchiefs View Post
Didn't really do much bitching at all yesterday, but I'm aware that i've had that habit and I'm trying to fix that. So back to this subject, I don't think I'm coming out with any unreasonable takes today.
You’re not.

You’re just usually hyper-negative and your keyboard appears to have been taken over remotely by zilla as you’re making the exact same points he has every 3hrs in this thread for the last 7 weeks.

That’s all.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 09:11 AM   #4810
In Search of a Life

Quote:
You’re not.

You’re just usually hyper-negative and your keyboard appears to have been taken over remotely by zilla as you’re making the exact same points he has every 3hrs in this thread for the last 7 weeks.

That’s all.
This. Just because you sound less whiny doesn't mean you aren't still bitching, and repeating the same shit that's been said over and over already.
Old 10-23-2023, 09:12 AM   #4811
Champion Golfer Of The Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
"We shouldn't be relying on the HOF best tight end of all time".

Yes, they'll have to worry about replacing Kelce. Doesn't seem like that's something to wrry about right now though.
And the usual suspects will bitch to the high heavens that when we draft/trade for (whatever TE) “he isn’t as good” as the time great HOF player.
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Old 10-23-2023, 09:21 AM   #4812
Andy Reid Supporter

I'd like to sign Hardman to a $7-8 million ish contract ideally. Cut MVS bc he's only $2 million dead money with a $12 million cap savings...and he isn't anywhere near worth $14 million.

So Toney, Hardman, Rice, Skyy, Ross and Watson in 2024 pre draft ideally. Wouldn't spend a 1st on a WR unless the value was really good.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-23-2023, 09:23 AM   #4813
In Search of a Life

Quote:
You’re not.

That’s all.
Everybody is posting the “exact same points” every 3 hours
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-23-2023, 09:24 AM   #4814
In Search of a Life

The issue is, today's 14 million dollars is yesterdays 7 in terms of NFL WR contracts.

I wouldn't pay MVS that and it's too much of a savings to move on for sure. Hardman could probably be kept around for 6-7 million. I'd trade out those 2 pretty easily.

They do need another big time talent in the room though.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-23-2023, 09:30 AM   #4815
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
Everybody is posting the “exact same points” every 3 hours
Nah. Some of us are here for an honest progress report after the game - I count you amongst them even though we have differing levels of patience with these WRs - and others have a desperate agenda and manufacture/invent stats to support their narrative.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.