Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2024, 03:13 PM  
Andy Reid Supporter

***2024 NFL Combine Thread***

Bout that time fellas. Post all things combine related
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2024, 11:29 AM   #466
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
Elite talent at LT opens up the offense a lot more than an elite WR.

Look at what happened in 2021.

The more time Mahomes has the more dangerous he is. It's always been that way.

We're better off adding an elite talent at LT and a decent talent at WR. One in the 2-4 round and one in FA.
And they can’t keep relying on merc LTs. Thankfully Brown Jr declined the offer Veach put on the table for him. That contract was not because he was all that good. It was more due to the stability he brought. Perhaps they can bargain hunt LTs again, but that’s not wise long term.

Last edited by tredadda; 03-03-2024 at 11:56 AM..
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 03-03-2024, 11:49 AM   #467
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
And they can’t keep relying on merc LTs. Thankfully Brown Jr declined the offer Veach put on the table for him. That contract was not because he was all that good. It was more due to the stability he brought. Perhaps they can bargain hunt LTs again, but that’s wise long term.
I can't say that anything good happened out of that. Since Brown Jr declined we had to get Taylor who isn't really any better. And he's not even a LT although it would not surprise me if he plays there next year.

Cincinnati paid Brown Jr 4 years, 64 million. And we paid a right tackle 4 years, 80 million.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 11:53 AM   #468
Veteran

It's a good tackle class, but I think the chance of getting an "elite" LT at 32 is much much smaller than getting an elite receiver.
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 11:54 AM   #469
Rookie

I am also in the LT boat. The data says that behind QB, LT’s are by far the position where starters come from 1st round draft picks. With that in mind, we’d either have to cobble it together with broken down vets (i.e. Donovan Smith), later round picks (Wayna Morris), or just accept substandard play (move Taylor over). We all thought OBJ was limiting this offense and he was at worst a top 15 tackle. This is a strong tackle class and it seems likely we’ll have a little extra draft capital from the Sneed trade, so I’d love to see us move up and get an LT at 24 overall or so. If it takes even more than that, I’d say do it. This team needs a LT one way or another and this is the way to get them because trades are even costlier and free agency is seldom an option.

Trading up to draft a WR makes little sense to me in a deep draft class. There will be a quality WR available at 32. The previous record for first round WR’s is 7 or 8, I believe. There’s a good 10 WR’s here we’d be happy with.

I’m a Florida State fan, so heavily biased but Keon Coleman can play. The idea that he’s slow is absurd (he returned punts well and ran by people with the ball). He doesn’t have elite speed but he is a big WR who wins contested catches and can do a lot of things well (slants, fades, go routes). The entire year watching FSU, he looked like a man among boys. If we do end up drafting a WR, I’d love to see us snag him.
Semichief is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Semichief is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Semichief is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Semichief is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Semichief is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Semichief is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 11:55 AM   #470
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargem View Post
It's a good tackle class, but I think the chance of getting an "elite" LT at 32 is much much smaller than getting an elite receiver.
You can address WR in volume as long as they’re competent WRs.

Have to get it right at LT though.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 12:00 PM   #471
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
I can't say that anything good happened out of that. Since Brown Jr declined we had to get Taylor who isn't really any better. And he's not even a LT although it would not surprise me if he plays there next year.

Cincinnati paid Brown Jr 4 years, 64 million. And we paid a right tackle 4 years, 80 million.
Taylor had issues with penalties, especially early on, but he improved as the season went on. And he is better than Brown Jr. KC wasn’t getting Brown Jr for what Cincinnati paid for him. They offered more the year prior only for him to reject it. Brown Jr thought he was worth more than he was. When he tested the market the best he could get was from the Bengals.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 03-03-2024, 12:05 PM   #472
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:
This is a very good point.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2024, 12:05 PM   #473
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Quote:
Taylor had issues with penalties, especially early on, but he improved as the season went on. And he is better than Brown Jr. KC wasn’t getting Brown Jr for what Cincinnati paid for him. They offered more the year prior only for him to reject it. Brown Jr thought he was worth more than he was. When he tested the market the best he could get was from the Bengals.
I thought Taylor was great in the postseason.

I’m still convinced that the penalties were a result of watching him so closely pre-snap. You can call holding on almost every play…especially if you’re focusing on one player every play.

I’d expect the penalties to go back to normal this year and everyone to be happy with him.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2024, 12:07 PM   #474
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:
Apparently not. Neither are rated great but Orlando is 66 vs 52. And we paid $80,000,000 for the 52 graded guy.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/orlando-brown/46227
https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/jawaan-taylor/41665
Old 03-03-2024, 12:13 PM   #475
Veteran

Quote:
This is it imo.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 03-03-2024, 12:24 PM   #476
CP'S "MOST HATED" 😆

With so many QB's, WR's, corners and the top DE's likely coming off the board before we pick. Along with the obvious top OT's. There is definitely gonna be some decent LT's slip through the net and fall to us imo. Will it be Alt or Fashanu? No. But even if we traded up we wouldn't be in play for those guys anyway. But the second tier guys? Hell yes. Giving away assets wouldn't be smart imo because we have a lot of areas to address. DT, CB and TE being just a few.
UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 03-03-2024, 12:40 PM   #477
Veteran

We need WRs. It looks like a historically good year for them. That means a lot will go before us, but it also means a couple might be in range. I don't think there will be an equivalent prospect near us at LT, and it's not a position I'd gamble with a developmental rookie.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 03-03-2024, 12:40 PM   #478
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic View Post
Sorry everyone. I just really want Mahomes and the Chiefs to go back to setting offensive records. Selfishly, I want Mahomes to set records so ridiculous that it will be decades before anyone comes close to them.

I want to go back to winning the 50 TD passes, 5000 yards passing, record setting offense way. To do that Mahomes needs weapons.
But what about fairness and equity?

If Mahomes had weapons we could just blow teams out and they would lose hope.

Need to keep it close so others feel they have a shot.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-03-2024, 12:42 PM   #479
MVP

WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 03-03-2024, 12:42 PM   #480
MVP

There isn't going to be an impact starting tackle available at 32... doesn't mean we won't draft OLine there, but I wouldn't hold my breath for an LT that can step right in. Still think we sign a vet.
nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.