Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-11-2023, 08:37 PM  
Starter

Old People Thread

Hello old people of CP! Do you ever think about wanting to talk about problems you and other old people have? Is this football forum the only place on the internet you know how to get to? Well look no further! This old man thread is here for you to talk about your trials and tribulations.

Have an itch to complain about how the young generation doesn't know what hard work is? Post it in here! Are there some birds that need yelled or do you have neighbors that play music too loud? We'd love to hear about it! Did you fill your diapers and want to complain about the poor quality of Chinese products? Please regale us!

So if you can barely see letters in this thread without zooming in, but refuse to give up your drivers license, we'd love to read what you have to tell us! Come on in, bring your Werther's candy, and folksy tales of how things used to be!

Last edited by kozzman555; 04-11-2023 at 10:12 PM..
kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 02-17-2024, 07:05 PM   #466
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Ten Beers View Post
The worst part about getting old, is you can blow up a bathroom like no ones business

I used to quietly laugh at just how bad grandma and grandpa used to stink it up sooo bad, then light a match to try and cover it up... but I'm starting to smell the same thing after my morning coffee ritual
In our house....there is the bathroom that my wife and son use. Then there is my bathroom....wife has a bottle of Fabreze in there that I am supposed to use after each trip.

She has a pet name for the bathroom.....Toxic Plaza.
Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 08:01 PM   #467
Be Kind To Your Pets

Tonight we ran out of cat food so I made a trip up to Price Chopper to get a bag. On the way out this kid was panhandling people. "Hey Dad (he says) how bout a fiver?" At first I didn't say anything, then I stopped and turned around. "How old are you?" says I. "Eighteen he says." Shit man, I'm almost 65 and I have TWO jobs. What's wrong with you?" He says "I can't get an ID." I say "Price Chopper will give you a job if you just ask." "I don't want to work in a grocery" he says. I just shook my head and walked on. Damn kids.

Last edited by gblowfish; 02-17-2024 at 08:33 PM..
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 08:09 PM   #468
THE RED MENACE

The definition of getting old should be hurting yourself while your sleeping.
BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 08:09 PM   #469
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
I've always had this. ADD, complete ass short term memory, long term use of copious amounts of alcohol and ativan. All great for short term memory.

I rely on doing the same things at the same times and putting the same things in the same places. Belts on the back of the bathroom door, work clothes hanging on bathroom door the night before, shoes by towel rack. Etc. If my wallet, keys, or glasses aren't in the place they belong in come morning it's usually a 30 minute derailment per item.
Anything unplanned happens in the morning to screw with my routine I'll end up going to work without a belt, my wallet, etc.
I rely on that routine, too. It's like my brain knows exactly how many items I'm supposed to pick up, and if I add an item to the list, brain thinks I've got everything I need and sends me on my way. So then I'm missing my phone, or keys, and I'm like "where the **** is X?" "And brain replies, "you grabbed the required number of items."

I suspect that my brain secretly hates me.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2024, 08:11 PM   #470
MVP

Smells like moth balls in this bitch.
Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 02-17-2024, 08:16 PM   #471
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia View Post
Smells like moth balls in this bitch.
How did you get your nose between their little legs?
Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 08:30 PM
HemiEd
This message has been deleted by HemiEd.
Old 02-17-2024, 10:05 PM   #472
Has a particular set of skills

To all the old geezers…… when you retired did you downsize your housing situation when you retired? Use your house equity to pay for a smaller house so you had no mortgage?
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2024, 10:18 PM   #473
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiEd View Post
It does, two pair in each shop, etc. etc.
Except that I would have to have a pair to find out where they are...I'm ****ed.
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2024, 10:22 PM   #474
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
To all the old geezers…… when you retired did you downsize your housing situation when you retired? Use your house equity to pay for a smaller house so you had no mortgage?
Yes, but instead I'm buying a Corvette in a few weeks. I don't even care if I'm blind. YOLO
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 10:22 PM   #475
MVP

Quote:
I retired in 2022. I own my home outright and it costs a little less than $500/month for taxes and insurance.

I would definitely figure out a way to be mortgage free when retired. It just frees up a significant amount of money.
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 02-17-2024, 10:35 PM   #476

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
I retired in 2022. I own my home outright and it costs a little less than $500/month for taxes and insurance.

I would definitely figure out a way to be mortgage free when retired. It just frees up a significant amount of money.
I’ve got it damn good down here. Live on the water. 10K lb boat dock. 39 Palm trees in my yard. Huge pool and inground jacuzzi. House has tripled in value since we bought at the bottom of the market. We love it here. But….

The house insurance is normal. Hurricane and flood insurance are going through the roof. Once I retire, it’s a fixed income and savings alone. Some neighbors saw their hurricane insurance go up $17K in one year. Ours went up $5k. On a fixed budget, not wanting to use savings, a $17K hike in insurance scares us financially. Okay, we figure it out one year, what about the next $17k or more increase?

We can cash out and move out of the flood zone. Move to a good condo and look out at the open water as we sit on the couch. We can get to several housing options with no mortgage and no flood/hurricane insurance. But, we like it here. I’m sure we’d find a different place that we loved too. Decisions decisions..

How did you guys handle it? Probably most stayed in their existing house?

Last edited by BigRedChief; 02-17-2024 at 10:42 PM..
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2024, 10:41 PM   #477
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeater View Post
Yes, but instead I'm buying a Corvette in a few weeks. I don't even care if I'm blind. YOLO
Most people don't know this, but you can live in a Corvette quite comfortably.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-18-2024, 06:03 AM
HemiEd
This message has been deleted by HemiEd.
Old 02-18-2024, 06:28 AM   #478
Supporter

Quote:
I’ve got it damn good down here. Live on the water. 10K lb boat dock. 39 Palm trees in my yard. Huge pool and inground jacuzzi. House has tripled in value since we bought at the bottom of the market. We love it here. But….

The house insurance is normal. Hurricane and flood insurance are going through the roof. Once I retire, it’s a fixed income and savings alone. Some neighbors saw their hurricane insurance go up $17K in one year. Ours went up $5k. On a fixed budget, not wanting to use savings, a $17K hike in insurance scares us financially. Okay, we figure it out one year, what about the next $17k or more increase?

We can cash out and move out of the flood zone. Move to a good condo and look out at the open water as we sit on the couch. We can get to several housing options with no mortgage and no flood/hurricane insurance. But, we like it here. I’m sure we’d find a different place that we loved too. Decisions decisions..

How did you guys handle it? Probably most stayed in their existing house?
Our recent experience with the inflation impact on our retirement plan has been of great concern, almost frightening and very maddening.

It has at times, seemed like a conspiracy against us boomers that are no longer working to get compensation that rises with inflation.

One of those items is the home insurance similar to your issue with flood insurance and we have had to change carriers twice, drop replacement coverage, and vastly increase our deductible to attempt to stay in the comfort zone.

Last edited by HemiEd; 02-18-2024 at 07:04 AM..
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-18-2024, 08:15 AM   #479

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiEd View Post
Our recent experience with the inflation impact on our retirement plan has been of great concern, almost frightening and very maddening.

It has at times, seemed like a conspiracy against us boomers that are no longer working to get compensation that rises with inflation.

One of those items is the home insurance similar to your issue with flood insurance and we have had to change carriers twice, drop replacement coverage, and vastly increase our deductible to attempt to stay in the comfort zone.
I figured it wasn't a "Florida" issue.

When you wont be getting a better job or promotion to being more money into the household. The income is what the income is, its not changing. Inflation goes up or the market changes on something you must have like insurance. You just have to take the hit.

Sorry to hear you have already dealt with something similar to my dilemma. But, glad to hear its kind of universal thing in retirement.
Old 02-18-2024, 08:24 AM   #480
Mod Team

Quote:
I figured it wasn't a "Florida" issue.

When you wont be getting a better job or promotion to being more money into the household. The income is what the income is, its not changing. Inflation goes up or the market changes on something you must have like insurance. You just have to take the hit.

Sorry to hear you have already dealt with something similar to my dilemma. But, glad to hear its kind of universal thing in retirement.
It’s tough because the old 4% drawdown of investments in retirement is probably too aggressive now due to inflation and life expectancy.

It’s definitely something those in retirement have to calculate.

I cringe for my retirement in decades because we’ll be living solely off investments as pensions don’t exist anymore.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.