Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-16-2019, 11:06 PM  
The Demon Preacher

Robert Pattinson... is Batman.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/r...cs-1203125473/

****ing hell... DC is garbage.
Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-26-2022, 08:23 AM   #466
sorta mod-ish

Finally getting around to seeing this today with the kiddo. Looking forward to this one!
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2022, 09:02 PM   #467
The Beast Inside Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMoChief View Post
Movie was good. Not great but good. It was kind of drawn out a bit, I don't mind a 3hr movie but it can't have a lot of slow spots. This movie tended to have quite a bit slow parts IMO.

Really the only character I had a problem with was Pattinson. He's a good actor. That's fine. I just don't think he was the right guy to play Batman/Wayne. Too skinny, don't like the whole Emo Bruce gimmick. I just get turned off real quick on that kind of shit. I had this feeling going into the movie so maybe I was a bit biased from the start.

The Batsuit just looked weird, namely the cowl. Said this before but it looks like something out of the movie Kickass.

The theme song played more times than a Peacock ad. Jim Gordon's only lines in the movie were "jesus christ".

Not too important, but the Batmobile was pretty half assed. A 60's Charger with a jet drive?? Cmon man...needs to be more unique to the character than that. I dont care if this is based off the year2 comic story or whatever.

6.5 to 7 out of 10 if I were to rank. I still think the Nolan trilogy and the 1st two Burton/Keaton Batman movies were better than this one.
Saw it tonight and this is pretty much where I'm at with it. I had high expectations going in and felt a bit let down. Loved the Riddler character and most of the rest hut Pattinson just isn't Batman material. Well below the Nolan movies but way better than Affleck shit. And can we not shit on old white guys in a movie for once?,JFC

Last edited by BigCatDaddy; 03-26-2022 at 09:10 PM..
BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2022, 12:01 AM   #468
Veteran

Matt Reeves and Pattinson's take on Bruce Wayne/Batman was actually pretty refreshing IMO. This Batman won't be featured in any kind of push up/ weight training montage and probably skips arm days all the time nor was he taught anything from the League of the Shadows. Pattinson portrayed Batman really well as the obsessed/no nonsense young detective of Gotham. .

You won't ever see this Bruce Wayne driving thru Gotham with a bunch of super models or making public appearances at political fundraisers (not to mention can barely crack a smile if ever) Absolutely loved how anti social and ****ed in the head Batman was.

His "batcave" looked like a worn down POS bomb bunker and he would always wear dark shades during the day (all while not giving a flying **** about how he looked) Hence the grungy look and brilliantly use of that Nirvana song.

Ditto on the batmobile. Thought it was awesome and fit well with Pattinson's "don't give a ****" portrayal of Batman.
sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 02:06 AM   #469
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
Just go by yourself. Movies are one of the things where I feel like you don't really need to go with someone. I've never went to a movie by myself, but I definitely would.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
I saw it by myself at a matinee the day after it opened. The wife was working, and besides, I figured she'd not be interested enough to sit through a nearly three hour long movie anyway.
I finally went and saw this today, by myself. Wife was at a girls retreat. Long ass movie but we’ll done.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2022, 08:06 PM   #470
MVP

Awful movie.

Holy crap. Just terrible. Nonsensical and idiotic.
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2022, 07:26 AM   #471
MVP

This movie could have been one for the ages, but there was enough subpar elements that I think will relegate it to being a short-lived part of superhero culture.

The cinematography is stunning and this might be the best version of Gotham we've gotten. Colin Ferrell steals the show, my god was he terrific. Batman's grounded capabilities was a nice change of pace from his usual "more tech than the CIA possess". The new Batmobile was much cooler than I thought it would be, and the highway chase scene was well done.

A few things bother me, namely the directional choice to make ever piece of dialogue a loud whisper. Speaking of the dialogue, there was nothing remotely special about the writing in this show. My excitement for this being a noir flick was tempered by the milquetoast dialogue and ho-hum chase of the Riddler's "mystery". It's clear this was a movie made for Zoomers, and I won't spoil who "the baddies" are. Dano, who is normally competent to terrific, was miscast here.
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-21-2022, 01:05 PM   #472
Needs more middle fingers

I really liked it. Probably one of my, if not THE favorite Batman movie.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-21-2022, 01:05 PM   #473

I thought Pattinson played an excellent Batman, but a poor Bruce Wayne.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 02:06 PM   #474
My Mamma Says

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
I thought Pattinson played an excellent Batman, but a poor Bruce Wayne.
Exactly… He had that stupid Twilight look on his face without the mask. Bruce Wayne carry’s himself as a smart confident man not a whiny looking bitch…
Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-21-2022, 02:35 PM   #475

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kman34 View Post
Exactly… He had that stupid Twilight look on his face without the mask. Bruce Wayne carry’s himself as a smart confident man not a whiny looking bitch…
Yup
Old 04-21-2022, 03:22 PM   #476
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

I actually prefer Pattinson's Bruce Wayne. Granted, I'm not a comic book guy so I don't really care about how he's supposed to be portrayed. But a socially stunted and awkward Wayne makes more sense to me than a guy who can slip into slick playboy mode at will. The dude's clearly ****ed up or he wouldn't do Batman stuff.

Keaton's Batman wasn't all that dissimilar to Pattinson's - he just played an older Bruce who had learned to put on a happy face. But he was very quiet and reserved, and not flamboyant at all. Vicky Vale easily picked up on the fact that there was something really off about him.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 07:28 PM   #477
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
I actually prefer Pattinson's Bruce Wayne. Granted, I'm not a comic book guy so I don't really care about how he's supposed to be portrayed. But a socially stunted and awkward Wayne makes more sense to me than a guy who can slip into slick playboy mode at will. The dude's clearly ****ed up or he wouldn't do Batman stuff.

Keaton's Batman wasn't all that dissimilar to Pattinson's - he just played an older Bruce who had learned to put on a happy face. But he was very quiet and reserved, and not flamboyant at all. Vicky Vale easily picked up on the fact that there was something really off about him.
I gotta definitely agree. Pattinson's grungy "I don't give a shit what I look like" was a fresh take (and went perfectly with the use of Nirvana's "Something in the Way" being played in the background. Which was also fitting since he was an obsessed detective loner.

And the movie is called The Batman after all. Not "Good times with Bruce Wayne!". I'd much rather pay to see Batman solving a complex case full of mysterious riddles all while beating criminals into a bloody pulp until they can't move than say Bruce Wayne going on a boring date with Rachel Dawes or whoever the **** Marion Cotillard's character was (worse acting for a death scene ever . **** that shit.

Not to mention I really enjoyed the chemistry and exchanges between Pattinson & Zoe Kravitz in this. She was so much more likable than Anne Hathaway and the chemistry between Bale/Hathaway was pretty laughable in The Dark Knight Rises. You mean to tell me you're going to run away to Paris with a woman that set you up in a trap by giving you up to Bane? lol

Matt Reeves knocked it out of the ****ing park imo.

Last edited by sully1983; 04-21-2022 at 07:38 PM..
sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-21-2022, 07:38 PM   #478
MVP

Sure I'll get crap for this, but I hated it. Shut it off halfway through. Tried to be harsh and gritty, but just felt overly dark and whispery trash. Someone tell the director that sepia should not be a theme for a movie. Just couldn't get in to it. Emo-Batman was just horribad. Ranking Batman's I'd have to say it's the 3rd worst, just ahead of Batfleck and Kilmer (or ahead of what I haven't been able to black out of those two). And the take on the Riddler was just boring. Found myself looking at my phone whenever he came on the scene, Almost fast-forwarded through the scene with the DA and the bomb because of him.

Absolutely loved The Joker with Joaquin Phoenix and was hoping for more of that kind of character driven darkness. Obviously that was a mistake on my part.
unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-21-2022, 07:38 PM   #479
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
I really liked it. Probably one of my, if not THE favorite Batman movie.
I agree- pretty badass.

While Marvel / Disney is going woke- DC seems like they might have figured out what fans really want.
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-21-2022, 11:00 PM   #480
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kman34 View Post
That’s the point though.

He’s a “nocturnal animal”.

Bruce Wayne is his mask now, and he’s still learning how to be Bruce Wayne again, and he’s yet to realize the usefulness of Bruce Wayne to his overall goal.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.