Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-29-2018, 09:38 AM  
You Sweetie!

-- Let's talk about counting calories & routine

Hi Guys,

I'm up to a 36 waist - thanks to Del Taco and a few others. As well as eating pretty poorly over the last year, or so.

I'm on a strict regimen now and doing a three week diet and then merging it into a new way of life. I have a history of eating well (normally) - but, again; have been quite clumsy over the past year or so.

My plan is to limit myself to 1100 calories a day the first week, then up to 1200 the second week, and then stay on or around 1500 calories as the norm, with one cheat day per week.

After the third week - I'll get back into some sort of exercise, which too will be part of the new 'way of life'

In this thread I'd like to discuss food ideas for assisting myself (& others) with weight loss.

Since Monday I've not gone above 1100 calories/daily - I have eaten oatmeal, oranges, bananas, hard-boiled eggs and in closing, in the evening - I'll eat one of the Chick Fil A Spicy, grilled chicken wraps w/o dressing (350 cals)

I'm open to ideas - but the goal is - finding items that are a little less common and more creative.

Please assist at your leisure - anyone else need assistance or interested in jumping aboard, I welcome it.

Thanks again

Last edited by Simply Red; 03-29-2018 at 09:45 AM..
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2018, 03:07 PM   #466
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randallflagg View Post
Strangest thing (for me). I'm 71 now, 6'2" and weigh around 245. Got the dreaded Diabetes 2 nearly 6 years ago. About 4 months ago I started losing weight. Wasn't doing anything out of the "ordinary" - ate pretty much what I wanted. Still the weight was coming off.

I went from 245 to 200 in the 4 months. Saw my Doctor, he couldn't figure it out - but was happy. Went to my Endo and she said the same thing - tested me for Cancer (My first thought as well) and nothing.

Today? Weighed again - 198.........Naturally, I don't eat like I used to (Stomach is smaller) and I feel GREAT! So to hell with it...I guess that in 10-12 months I will just blow away..

Not knocking it, however. I'm thinking about writing a book titled "How I Did It"...but shit, It would only be one page.....
Please get that double checked. My mom lost 50 pounds in a few months time they said nothing was wrong she went and got a 2nd opinion by that time it ended up being stage 4 colon recetal cancer.
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2018, 03:48 PM   #467
Go Beavers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
Wait what. You're only consuming 500 Calories? Shit man.
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...&postcount=455
Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-15-2018, 03:58 PM   #468
Inmem 2.0

Interesting
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2018, 04:09 PM   #469
Go Beavers!

People scoff at ADF partly because they think you need to eat constantly "for energy". However, I have found that I have way more energy on fasting (down) days and it's something that I have seen a lot of other people on ADF forums/FB pages mention so I am not alone. In fact, sometimes it makes it a bit of a challenge to get to sleep at night.

The main downside is I tend to be colder on down days. That's great in the summer but not so great when it's rainy and cold like today.
Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-15-2018, 11:49 PM   #470
Just a li'l Evel

Well let's see, 77 days sober and lost 12 Lbs so far without much else changed in terms of diet or intake.
Went from 250 to 238 and hope to get to 225 in another three months. Maybe even 220 if I'm not crazy.
TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-16-2018, 07:02 AM   #471
Go Beavers!

I wasn't particularly hungry yesterday so ended up doing a full 0 calorie fast instead of 500 calories. I was at 218 lbs this morning. 2500 calorie day today.
Old 04-16-2018, 05:05 PM   #472
Inmem 2.0

Has anyone had Muscle Maker Grill? I see they have meal plans: 10 for 80$ and 15 for 120$ that seems like a really good deal
Old 04-16-2018, 05:07 PM   #473
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyEvel View Post
Well let's see, 77 days sober and lost 12 Lbs so far without much else changed in terms of diet or intake.
Went from 250 to 238 and hope to get to 225 in another three months. Maybe even 220 if I'm not crazy.
Good shit! Keep it up!
Old 04-17-2018, 08:02 AM   #474
Go Beavers!

Since I had an extra 500 calories to play with from not eating on Sunday, I had a bigger dinner than normal last night and ended up at 2700 calories for the day. That's still a two day average of 1350 calories, though, so I'm even a little under my target. I ended up at 218.2 lbs this morning.

I wish the calorie counting apps did a better job with recipes. I haven't found one yet that lets you adjust the cooked weight of the ingredients so that you can just weigh the food and enter the weight to get an accurate calorie count. Right now, I am doing all recipes as 10 servings. That way, I can just weight the final amount and use a tenth of that as a serving. So, for example, if the final weight is 2450 grams, a serving is 245 grams. Then if I end up having 400 grams for dinner, I enter in 1.63 servings.

However, the extra step is a pain and you have to remember the total weight until the leftovers are gone. Tracking calories is enough of a pain so anything that makes it more difficult is more likely to make people quit.
Old 04-17-2018, 04:12 PM   #475
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyEvel View Post
WOW! fantastic effort and results.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2018, 04:21 PM   #476
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Still exercising. Burned 1009 calories today. Down another 4 lbs this week. 64 lbs total.
walked 5 miles today. Burned 1500 calories. Popcorn/butter at the movies. More than a couple of Bourbon and coke zero’s. Chips and salsa. First time l went up to my calorie intake goal. Still consistently staying 800-1000 calories under my daily goal without counting the exercise. Down 67 lbs total.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:28 PM   #477
Veteran

I started a Keto Diet about 6 weeks ago. I'm down about 16 pounds. Not amazing results but considering I have worked out 1 day a week and sometimes 2, that's pretty good. I didn't get enough fat at first but have since corrected that with adding butter to foods, heavy cream to coffee and making delicious fat bombs made of cream cheese, stavia, butter and raspberries.

Carbs only from some vegetables. No sugar.
jaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-17-2018, 07:29 PM   #478
You Sweetie!

rough weekend but hanging at 225 now. Just need to join a Gym - I'm going to do so on 05.01.
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:02 PM   #479
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
rough weekend but hanging at 225 now. Just need to join a Gym - I'm going to do so on 05.01.
Why wait? Do it tomorrow!
Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:03 PM   #480
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
walked 5 miles today. Burned 1500 calories. Popcorn/butter at the movies. More than a couple of Bourbon and coke zero’s. Chips and salsa. First time l went up to my calorie intake goal. Still consistently staying 800-1000 calories under my daily goal without counting the exercise. Down 67 lbs total.
Keep it up!
Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.