View Poll Results: Do you think the NFL is "rigged?"
Yes 110 41.67%
No 154 58.33%
Voters: 264. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-09-2013, 09:45 AM  
Debunking your bullshit

Do you think the NFL is "rigged?"

Pretty simple question: Do you think the NFL is "rigged?"

Specifically, do you believe the NFL has a preferred outcome for games AND orders its officiating crews to make calls for/against teams for the purpose of achieving that preferred outcome?
cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:29 PM   #466
Chiefs

If the NFL was rigged Denver wins the Superbowl.

/End thread.
ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:31 PM   #467
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Well, to explain myself, I'll first note that this came up at the height of my crisis of faith, which has settled down somewhat.

However, I'll reiterate what I said when this whole thing started. I don't think there's a script and I don't think they know who's going to win ahead of time, but I think they do things like tell the refs to "keep the game close", which helps certain teams, or "let the players play", which helps certain teams. Is that rigging? It may not be overt toward one team or the other, but it favors one team over the other. The poll makes me decide whether a gray area should go into the black (rigged) or white (pure). I'm calling my diagnosis "not pure", which means black.

They really dropped the ball in the superbowl then.
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:35 PM   #468
Debunking your bullshit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
There's that wiggle room you've been wondering about. Most us us realize that within that judgment call wiggle room area, there's a lot of space to possible persuade outcomes (within reason). A judgment call here, a judgment call here, and many inexplicably not-reviewable, and you might have the right two TV markets in a big game...

Interesting, most of don't need them to finish their sentence to know what it means. The case was a STH wanting a refund because of cheating that was discovered and the NFL doing little about it. It ended with the court saying, "You paid to see a football game, you saw a football game. Shutup Mr. STH, what they do before or after the game doesn't matter - you saw a ****ing football game."
There's a difference between a team cheating to get an advantage and the NFL ordering its officials to purposefully favor a team to achieve a desired outcome

If it was discovered that the NFL was doing something like that, I think you may have a different outcome in a lawsuit.
cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:36 PM   #469
Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo20002 View Post
OMG...this shit again.
The NFL never "argued" that it was not a sport.
They did not directly or indirectly argue that games could legally be fixed.
Except, the 'shit' as you refer to it was not what I said. I never said the NFL did or didnt argue they could legally fix games. The NFL has mentioned many times they are an entertainment business. The NFL is not 32 individual franchises, but one unit.
KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:38 PM   #470
Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan View Post
If the NFL was rigged Denver wins the Superbowl.

/End thread.
I would argue the opposite. In fact, I figured Denver would run away with the game. It was an interesting plot twist...almost like Downton Abbey.
KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:40 PM   #471
Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Well, to explain myself, I'll first note that this came up at the height of my crisis of faith, which has settled down somewhat.

However, I'll reiterate what I said when this whole thing started. I don't think there's a script and I don't think they know who's going to win ahead of time, but I think they do things like tell the refs to "keep the game close", which helps certain teams, or "let the players play", which helps certain teams. Is that rigging? It may not be overt toward one team or the other, but it favors one team over the other. The poll makes me decide whether a gray area should go into the black (rigged) or white (pure). I'm calling my diagnosis "not pure", which means black.
It really is nothing more to me than the fact that Playoff games are officiated much differently than regular season games. That and that fact alone tells me the league is 'not pure'.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:43 PM   #472
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
There's a difference between a team cheating to get an advantage and the NFL ordering its officials to purposefully favor a team to achieve a desired outcome

If it was discovered that the NFL was doing something like that, I think you may have a different outcome in a lawsuit.
Not really. Like the court said told the STHs, they paid to watch two teams line up and play. With that being the bar set for meeting the terms of the contract, I'm pretty sure the NFL could trot two Pop Warner teams out there and the results would hold true...
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:45 PM   #473
Debunking your bullshit

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCTitus View Post
Except, the 'shit' as you refer to it was not what I said. I never said the NFL did or didnt argue they could legally fix games. The NFL has mentioned many times they are an entertainment business. The NFL is not 32 individual franchises, but one unit.
So? Assuming they did, why do you think that is that relevant?
Old 02-05-2014, 08:48 PM   #474
Beyond the Rapids

Maybe they scripted up that stinker of a Super Bowl blowout, between two teams with little major market interest, just to throw us all off the trail?
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:51 PM   #475
Debunking your bullshit

Quote:
Not really. Like the court said told the STHs, they paid to watch two teams line up and play. With that being the bar set for meeting the terms of the contract, I'm pretty sure the NFL could trot two Pop Warner teams out there and the results would hold true...
There was more to it than that. Ticket buyers paid to see a competitive game, not one where the outcome was pre-determined or the league or teams conspired to achieve a pre-determined outcome.

If there was any proof of what you are alleging, I'm pretty sure there would be a class-action lawsuit against the NFL pretty quickly.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:52 PM   #476
That's Right

No
BoneKrusher is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BoneKrusher is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BoneKrusher is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BoneKrusher is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BoneKrusher is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BoneKrusher is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BoneKrusher is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BoneKrusher is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BoneKrusher is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BoneKrusher is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BoneKrusher is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:52 PM   #477

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCTitus View Post
I would argue the opposite. In fact, I figured Denver would run away with the game. It was an interesting plot twist...almost like Downton Abbey.
Well they now have the ability to claim that A) they need even MORE rules to favor the offense (now that a D killed an O), and B) that since Manning lost, that they don't always get what they want.

And most sane people know that the magic in their subtleness and they'll never admit to anything...
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:54 PM   #478
Debunking your bullshit

Quote:
Well they now have the ability to claim that A) they need even MORE rules to favor the offense (now that a D killed an O), and B) that since Manning lost, that they don't always get what they want.

And most sane people know that the magic in their subtleness and they'll never admit to anything...
What does that mean?
They rigged the game in order to show how it isn't rigged?
Old 02-05-2014, 08:56 PM   #479

Quote:
There was more to it than that. Ticket buyers paid to see a competitive game, not one where the outcome was pre-determined or the league or teams conspired to achieve a pre-determined outcome.

If there was any proof of what you are alleging, I'm pretty sure there would be a class-action lawsuit against the NFL pretty quickly.
LOL, with bar set at "two teams playing a match," class-act or not you can't win.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:58 PM   #480
Archivist

Quote:
So? Assuming they did, why do you think that is that relevant?
Their antitrust exemption...