Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-20-2013, 12:44 PM  
oxymoron

Star Wars: Rebels

And here's our replacement for Clone Wars. Coming to Disney XD in fall 2014. Bridges the gap between Eps 3 and 4. Looks...very cool. Conceptually.

Bit more detail:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entertainment Weekly
Star Wars Rebels, a one-hour animated pilot already in production at Lucasfilm, is scheduled to premiere in Fall 2014 on the Disney Channel before the new brand leaps to Disney XD for the ongoing series, according to Lucasfilm sources.

The series will mine material from the 19 years that follow Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and precede the Episode IV: A New Hope. In other words, using the life of the Skywalker twins as a measure, the series will be active in the story years that come after their separation as newborns and before their (unwitting) reunion on the prison level of the Death Star.

No word on whether the show will feature Darth Vader (who would be in the Empire’s power consolidation years and earning his reputation) or even pull in a character like Han Solo, the smuggler and cynic who becomes an unlikely freedom fighter when he opts to stand with his friends against cosmic odds. The title of the show is vaguely phrased in a way that any rebel — even a Boba Fett or Ahsoka Tano might qualify as a title character merely by walking an outsider’s path.

The series has three executive producers: Dave Filoni, the point man on The Clone Wars animated series that launched in 2008; screenwriter and producer Simon Kinberg, who has a flair for tonal rewiring and energizing familiar brands with new edge (e.g.: X-Men: First Class, Sherlock Holmes); and Greg Weisman, whose credits include well-regarded work on Young Justice and The Spectacular Spider-Man.

link
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2016, 06:27 AM   #466
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
I have to be honest: I'm not even sure what we saw or what to think. The Grand Inquisitor being a former Jedi isn't surprising but seeing him alive, in one piece, was certainly a shock. And why was he warning Kanan about Ezra?

I was at Disney Animation today for a meeting (which was amazing - the place is just screaming with creativity) and while I couldn't get anyone to tell what's going to happen with the fate of Ezra, Kanan and Ahsoka, everyone told me not to miss tonight's episode.

I have to watch it again, I think.
The Grand Inquisitor wasn't really real though right. Thats just a illusion or a "ghost" more or less. Thats how I took it. They were just a distraction which is why there was no harm to the inquisitors.
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2016, 01:07 PM   #467
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru View Post
The Grand Inquisitor wasn't really real though right. Thats just a illusion or a "ghost" more or less. Thats how I took it. They were just a distraction which is why there was no harm to the inquisitors.
This is correct. Ahsoka, Ezra and Kanan all had "Force Visions" in the Jedi Temple.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2016, 01:08 PM   #468
Deus ambulans inter homines

Quote:
Why?

From my perspective, Ahsoka, Kanan and Ezra could all be alive during the OT and maybe Episode VII and beyond because none of them ever received the title of Jedi Knight.

Ashoka left the Order, Kanan's Master was killed, then he went into hiding. Kanan Jarrus isn't his real name, it's Caleb Dume.

There's no way that Ezra could be bestowed with the title of Jedi Knight because there is no Jedi Order.
Well, didn't Kanan just get knighted?
Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2016, 01:13 PM   #469
Caralho

So does this nuke the GI=Snoke theory?
Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2016, 01:34 PM   #470
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth View Post
Well, didn't Kanan just get knighted?
I don't think so, as it was a Force Vision.

The Grand Inquisitor was likely lying to him about the need to kill Ezra as well.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2016, 01:38 PM   #471
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorter View Post
So does this nuke the GI=Snoke theory?
I don't know.

The only Force "Ghosts" that we know about are Yoda, Obi Wan and Anakin. If the G.I. is dead, how did he appear as a Force Ghost?

Who could or would have taught him that ability, as Qui Gon was supposedly the first person that learned how to retain their being after dying?

We've now seen that Yoda has the ability to appear as a "Ghost" while living, as we saw him talking with Ezra and wave goodbye to Ahsoka.

I tend to believe that the G.I. is alive and had the power to do what Yoda has done this season.

But again, I don't know.
Old 03-03-2016, 05:32 PM   #472
oxymoron

I think Qui-Gon was the first force ghost, during the Clone Wars animated series. He passed the knowledge on to Obi-Wan.

Anyway I don't think the Grand Inquisitor was a force ghost. I think the events in the temple mirror Luke's encounter with (not) Darth Vader in the cave on Dagobah. A construct of the Force itself. And speaking of mirrors, remember that Ezra also encountered visions of the Grand Inquisitor the first time we saw the temple, back in season one.

Another interesting thing to me is the mention of Malachor. Malachor V was a major location in the second Knights of the Old Republic game. To my knowledge it doesn't appear anywhere else in Star Wars lore aside from one very, very brief mention (as a curse) in the Clone Wars (making it canon already...). It will be very cool if it actually turns out to be some connection to the Old Republic timeline. But it might not end up that way since KotOR isn't canon.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2016, 05:53 PM   #473
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
I think Qui-Gon was the first force ghost, during the Clone Wars animated series. He passed the knowledge on to Obi-Wan.
Actually, in Episode 3, Yoda states that he's been in contact with Qui Gon and he taught Obi Wan how to retain his identity in the Force.
Old 03-04-2016, 12:19 PM   #474
sorta mod-ish

Well, there was a metric ****ton going on in that episode as compared to the ones preceding it. Business is picking up, and it's about time.

Did Ahsohka feel "guilty" about using the Force to help open the temple, because she still had visions while inside. Was that some part of Vader actually reaching out to her the way Yoda reached out to Ezra, or just her guilty conscience at work?
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-04-2016, 12:48 PM   #475

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Well, there was a metric ****ton going on in that episode as compared to the ones preceding it. Business is picking up, and it's about time.

Did Ahsohka feel "guilty" about using the Force to help open the temple, because she still had visions while inside. Was that some part of Vader actually reaching out to her the way Yoda reached out to Ezra, or just her guilty conscience at work?
That's my biggest criticism of the show. Too many throw away shows that don't advance the overall plot, and then a few smattering that are packed.
Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-04-2016, 01:11 PM   #476
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth View Post
That's my biggest criticism of the show. Too many throw away shows that don't advance the overall plot, and then a few smattering that are packed.
The difficulty in producing a show like this is that they can't advance the plot too far, because there are films in pre-production while this program is in production, with many of the films not even written yet (Han Solo, Boba Fett, Epi 9) while Rogue One is in filming. I'm sure that Dave Filoni is in the loop but they have to be very careful about where they're headed, as to not spoil future films or step on the canon.

Rebels faces the following challenges:

1. In A New Hope, Admiral Tarkin said that Vader was the last of the Jedi religion, whose fire burned out long ago. That's clearly not true.
2. Obi Wan stated that Vader hunted down and killed all of the remaining Jedi. That also is clearly not true, as evidenced by Obi Wan and Yoda's existence.
3. In ROTJ, Yoda tells Luke that he's the last of the Jedi, which again is reiterated in the opening scroll of TFA.
4. Filoni can't advance the plot too far because it's still unknown what happens in 8, 9, Rogue One, Han Solo, etc.

So here we are, a few years before ANH and there's Kanan, Ezra and Ahsoka, but technically speaking, none of them reached the status of Jedi Knight, which is one way to skirt canon. The other issue is that Darth Maul is still alive, which invalidates the Rule of Two.

It's kind of a mess in terms of straight line storytelling and while I'm not a huge fan of the "filler" episodes, I do understand why their necessary. I would imagine that Season 3, which has been greenlit, will have less filler and a more cohesive arc.
Old 03-04-2016, 01:50 PM   #477

Quote:
The difficulty in producing a show like this is that they can't advance the plot too far, because there are films in pre-production while this program is in production, with many of the films not even written yet (Han Solo, Boba Fett, Epi 9) while Rogue One is in filming. I'm sure that Dave Filoni is in the loop but they have to be very careful about where they're headed, as to not spoil future films or step on the canon.

Rebels faces the following challenges:

1. In A New Hope, Admiral Tarkin said that Vader was the last of the Jedi religion, whose fire burned out long ago. That's clearly not true.
2. Obi Wan stated that Vader hunted down and killed all of the remaining Jedi. That also is clearly not true, as evidenced by Obi Wan and Yoda's existence.
3. In ROTJ, Yoda tells Luke that he's the last of the Jedi, which again is reiterated in the opening scroll of TFA.
4. Filoni can't advance the plot too far because it's still unknown what happens in 8, 9, Rogue One, Han Solo, etc.

So here we are, a few years before ANH and there's Kanan, Ezra and Ahsoka, but technically speaking, none of them reached the status of Jedi Knight, which is one way to skirt canon. The other issue is that Darth Maul is still alive, which invalidates the Rule of Two.

It's kind of a mess in terms of straight line storytelling and while I'm not a huge fan of the "filler" episodes, I do understand why their necessary. I would imagine that Season 3, which has been greenlit, will have less filler and a more cohesive arc.
Good points, but it's a universe, so no character can state for fact any generalization - maybe is talking specifically about another character , and it's obvious not everything is disclosed right away for example when jedis are in training
Old 03-05-2016, 12:37 PM   #478
Ain't no relax!

I had a slightly different interpretation.

When Kanan went through the light door that only he could see, and saw the Grand Inquisitor lookalike, he said "A temple guard?"

I thought that it/they was a Force hologram guardian(s) that was based on the Grand Inquisitor when he was once a jedi(reveal). He was used as a template of sorts for the jedi temple's hologram guardians. At least as he was when he was a jedi. The force was speaking to Kanan through the guardian hologram. And testing him for jedi knighthood. Not the Grand Inquisitor. Which is why the guards and Grand Inquisitor lookalike then attacked the other 2 inquisitors. They were all jedi guardian holograms.

Ahsoka making the Anakin/Vader connection was well done.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2016, 12:47 PM   #479
"You like to drink?"

I noticed rewatching one of the Mortis episodes that the future Ahsoka in that episode doesn't look quite like the Ahsoka we're seeing on Rebels and I don't think this was just an aesthetics issue.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2016, 12:26 AM   #480
Shaken. Not stirred.

That droid sounded a lot like Alan Rickman.
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.