Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-08-2022, 02:38 PM  
Veteran

Pittbulls kill 2 year old and 5 month old

Quote:
Two young children are dead and their mother suffered major injuries after two family dogs attacked a baby and toddler outside their West Tennessee home.Kirstie Bennard, 30, suffered critical injuries when she tried to intervene in the attack on her 5-month-old boy, Hollace Dean, and 2-year-old girl, Lilly Jane, family and police said.

"She put her body on top of Lilly’s to try and protect her after the attack started," Bennard's uncle by marriage, Jeff Gibson told USA TODAY on Saturday. "Both (dogs) started attacking her while she lay on Lilly."The two children were pronounced dead when officials arrived at the home, the sheriff's office reported.

It was not immediately known what provoked the mauling.The mauling, Gibson said, lasted about 10 minutes.The dogs – two pit bulls that belonged to the family – were euthanized at Memphis Animal Services Thursday.

The family owned the pets, Cheech and Mia, for more than eight years without a violent incident, Kelsey Canfield, the mother's best friend, told Fox News.

"I can promise you those children were her world, and if there was any inkling of danger, she would have never had those dogs near her kids," Canfield told the outlet. "Those children were everything to them, and they just have a really long journey ahead."
Full Article: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ng/8219201001/

How do you feel about PittBull's? I posted this because my wife shared this story with me and my son was just recently participating in a "read to sheltered dogs" event where you could adopt a dog (I know brilliant).

I've heard the arguments that PittBull's get a bad wrap, but it seems time and time again they are the focal point of dogs who do these horrible acts.
TripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 10-24-2023, 07:20 PM   #466
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
WHAT DO YOU MEAN “YOU PEOPLE”?!?!
Listen here Lance.
Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 10-24-2023, 07:41 PM   #467
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
my sister just scared me straight

sent me pics of the broken skull and 22 stitches her friend's 6-year old had to recover from

im just going to the ****ing park from now on, man
JFC.

Honestly I didn’t know it was that prolific with that breed. Neighbor had one and I didn’t think twice about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
That might not make it thru it's skull. Goddamn walking around with a .22 maybe pack the Red Ryder BB gun instead.
We used to drop hogs we pulled for slaughter with a hollow point .22. That’s plopping one in the dome though. If you’re under duress and you don’t think you can land one in the melon get something bigger.

Whatever you use, get hollow points. You could use an AR 15 and a full metal jacket will just poke a hole in him. Get hollow points, rip it’s shit apart and be done.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-24-2023, 07:46 PM   #468

Quote:
Do I need a ****ing .45
If this all goes down, it seems unlikely that you'll be wishing you had fired a smaller bullet.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-24-2023, 08:14 PM   #469
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
While I disagree on reasons to own one, I can respect you actually giving reasons beyond "just because". You are also correct that the vast majority do not maul 3 year old's. I ask, do you have children? Not trying to be funny, but I am curious if you do. If so, do you have a pit bull at home? If you don't have children, would you be perfectly comfortable with your young children around one?
Nope, no pits in my home. I have never owned a dog in my adult life.

I have a small child and I wouldn’t be comfortable with her around any animal, including pit bulls, chihuahuas or cats. Animals can be weird and unpredictable.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 08:19 PM   #470
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
If this all goes down, it seems unlikely that you'll be wishing you had fired a smaller bullet.
Guess I'm going to the gun store.

Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 09:21 PM   #471
left blank intentionally

Quote:
there's no ****ing way any dog on earth isn't stopping after getting shot with a .22

this is not a ****ing bear

you really think i need 9mm?
Dear Dumb shit,

with all due respect, a .22 round could literally richocet off a pit bull's skull and either round off the top between the bone and skin...or deflect directly back at you.

With a .22, you could mortally wound yourself and do nothing to the dog but seriously piss it off.

.22s are for killing rabbits and birds.
9mm are for thugs
.45s, .44s, and .40 cals are for alpha males...

You should get a .32 or .38...
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 09:26 PM   #472
MVP

Quote:
Guess I'm going to the gun store.

With the 40 watt range?
Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 10-24-2023, 09:27 PM   #473
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia View Post
With the 40 watt range?
You sure know your guns, pal...hey, you can't do that in here...
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-24-2023, 09:28 PM   #474
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabblerouser View Post
You sure know your guns, pal...hey, you can't do that in here...
Gee aren’t there some Gremlins in the back?
Old 10-24-2023, 09:36 PM   #475
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabblerouser View Post
You should get a .32 or .38...
bring me the gun of indiana jones

Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-24-2023, 09:41 PM   #476
Rock Chalk Jayhawks! KU!!!

Our new neighbor 1/2 mile down the Laneway has two. I see them when we go to get the mail or take trash down. I’ve started carrying and so has the Mrs. 9mm/45. They will slow them down quickly.

And if I catch them up by our place. Well they will end up in the brush pile with the rest of the coyotes and stray/random dogs in the north pasture. There will be no warning or call to come get your dogs. They will just….. disappear….
Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 09:51 PM   #477
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Do I need a ****ing .45
Not the best carry option. Full sized .45s are heavy and bulky, and smaller ones are really snappy and have limited magazine capacity. And 1911s are not good carry guns; you don't want to be fumbling around with an external safety while a pit bull is eating your leg (or somebody is shooting at you). Again, I'm not in the shooting dogs business, but I assume if you put a couple of 9mm hollowpoint rounds into a pit bull it would at the very least slow it down. Those are going to do some serious damage. And even if you miss, the sound of the shot might scare it away.

As I've said many times in the gun thread, the best carry weapon is a Sig P365XL. If you want to carry something, carry that.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-24-2023, 09:53 PM   #478
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Not the best carry option. Full sized .45s are heavy and bulky, and smaller ones are really snappy and have limited magazine capacity. And 1911s are not good carry guns; you don't want to be fumbling around with an external safety while a pit bull is eating your leg (or somebody is shooting at you). Again, I'm not in the shooting dogs business, but I assume if you put a couple of 9mm hollowpoint rounds into a pit bull it would at the very least slow it down. Those are going to do some serious damage. And even if you miss, the sound of the shot might scare it away.

As I've said many times in the gun thread, the best carry weapon is a Sig P365XL. If you want to carry something, carry that.
Why not a revolver?
Old 10-24-2023, 09:54 PM   #479
Rock Chalk Jayhawks! KU!!!

Quote:
Why not a revolver?
Unless it’s double action. It’s not as easy to handle. Or shoot fast with.
Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-24-2023, 09:58 PM   #480
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Why not a revolver?
Why not ride a ****ing horse to work and listen to 8-track tapes? Revolvers suck.

The Sig I carry holds 13 rounds. A revolver generally holds six, and smaller ones (like a typical snubnose .38) hold five. They also generally have really heavy double action trigger pulls - you have to cock the hammer to get a light pull. And a lot of revolvers specifically don't have external hammers any more.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.