Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-16-2020, 12:30 PM   #4741
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAX View Post
Speaking of handling this self-isolation/voluntarily-quarantined stuff and the impact of big business on our miserable, disgusting, increasingly temporary lives ...

I propose that Amazon makes all their movies free of charge for 60 days. Comcast, too.

FAX
Furthermore, every movie in theaters should be put on demand. I really want to see BEN AFFLECK IS...DRUNK BASKETBALL COACH.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-16-2020, 12:31 PM   #4742
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 12:31 PM   #4743
Supporter

Okay well the media cut off right when the WA Gov started to say restaurants can still to take out.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-16-2020, 12:31 PM   #4744
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
Is it wrong that every time I see that, I think of Diane Kruger and have to masturbate?
Creep
neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-16-2020, 12:32 PM   #4745
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
There is a difference between not taking it seriously and completely panicking. The media and talking heads are making it sound like that if you get it you're dead. That's their tone. And when you shut down everything you feed that tone.
Show me one article from a venerable media outlet that makes it sound like if you get it you are dead.
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-16-2020, 12:35 PM   #4746
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAX View Post
Speaking of handling this self-isolation/voluntarily-quarantined stuff and the impact of big business on our miserable, disgusting, increasingly temporary lives ...

I propose that Amazon makes all their movies free of charge for 60 days. Comcast, too.

FAX
I’ve been practicing social distancing since Thursday. I’m already getting a little stir cray. I like your idea.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-16-2020, 12:36 PM
Spott
This message has been deleted by Spott.
Old 03-16-2020, 12:36 PM   #4747
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
I’ve been practicing social distancing since Thursday. I’m already getting a little stir cray. I like your idea.
I've been practicing social distancing since adolescence.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 12:38 PM   #4748
Supporter

okay for all this Italy talk let's provide some numbers

Italy has 27,980 cases with 2,158 total deaths.

So everyone keeps saying we are on that path. Let's extrapolate just a touch....

Assuming our current case-mortality rate stays the same as it is today we would have roughly 1,670 fewer deaths.

Also our mortality rate is inching down. Last week we were 2.5% and we are down to 1.7%.

So either things are suddenly to going to explode in a bad way here or we are not heading towards Italy style scenarios.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-16-2020, 12:39 PM   #4749
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy View Post
Show me one article from a venerable media outlet that makes it sound like if you get it you are dead.
Turn on the news....tell me they aren't.

OMG, we gotta distance
OMG, we gotta shut down travel
OMG, we gotta shut down businesses
OMG, we gotta shut down schools
OMG, OMG, OMG
Old 03-16-2020, 12:40 PM   #4750
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
Seems to me then all that was necessary was to quarantine older people and people with compromised immune systems and everyone else move on with their daily business.
Sure would have made a heck of a lot more sense than all this nonsense. Can anyone tell me why we're having this reaction to Covid-19 but were so chill with the more deadly swine flu a few years ago?
jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-16-2020, 12:40 PM   #4751
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowanian View Post
I guess we'll finally get answers to life long questions.....

How accurate was the Oregon Trail simulator?

Some people spent all of their money on TP, I spent all of mine on bullets and gas for my oxen.

TP guys won't make it to Ft Smith....

We have like minds.
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-16-2020, 12:41 PM   #4752
Supporter

State of LA adds to closures. Shuts down a lot of things for the next month.
Old 03-16-2020, 12:41 PM   #4753
MVP

Quote:
NJ putting in an 8pm curfew across the board for the most part
Because viruses only come out at night?
jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-16-2020, 12:41 PM   #4754
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:
Turn on the news....tell me they aren't.

OMG, we gotta distance

OMG, we gotta shut down travel

OMG, we gotta shut down businesses

OMG, we gotta shut down schools

OMG, OMG, OMG

Stop watching CNN.
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 12:41 PM   #4755
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjayb View Post
Sure would have made a heck of a lot more sense than all this nonsense. Can anyone tell me why we're having this reaction to Covid-19 but were so chill with the more deadly swine flu a few years ago?
This is a non-political thread so we won't go there