Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-17-2020, 02:23 PM   #46966
In Search of a Life

Most corona viruses don't have the drift in genetics that say Influenza does, so I don't think we'll have to worry about it.

If this long term immunity is proven, this shit will be over sooner than later.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-17-2020, 02:24 PM   #46967
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Most corona viruses don't have the drift in genetics that say Influenza does, so I don't think we'll have to worry about it.

If this long term immunity is proven, this shit will be over sooner than later.
Yep.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-17-2020, 03:58 PM   #46968
Kind of a mod

More good news for the hope that vaccines will be a near-total way out of this. I really feel like things will be almost completely normal by next fall and hopefully near normal much sooner than that.

DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 04:04 PM   #46969
"Think BOOM!"

It would be nice if we can get vaccination levels above the percentage of Americans who get the "flu shot" every year. But it not, it's still much better than what we have now.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-17-2020, 04:06 PM   #46970
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
More good news for the hope that vaccines will be a near-total way out of this. I really feel like things will be almost completely normal by next fall and hopefully near normal much sooner than that.

Posted that a few pages back.

Get on my level.

But for real, it's almost like this acts like a normal virus in terms of our immunological response. Shocking, I know.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-17-2020, 04:07 PM   #46971
In Search of a Life

Also, positive note for that if you've had it, you don't have to be vaccinated quickly.

So that lessens the amount we need to get quick.
Old 11-17-2020, 04:10 PM   #46972
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
It would be nice if we can get vaccination levels above the percentage of Americans who get the "flu shot" every year. But it not, it's still much better than what we have now.
Hopefully this will be more like the traditional vaccines. I think a big part of the flu is that the vaccine isn't effective enough for a lot of people. At 40%, a large portion of the population probably thinks why bother.

I have hope that, given what we're hearing about potential long-term effectiveness of these vaccines, that more people will get it because it won't be a yearly maybe like the flu.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-17-2020, 04:15 PM   #46973
Life is changing..

I'd be interested to know how the process works once the data is delivered to the FDA. Do a bunch of guys in lab coats sit around reading it for 2 weeks straight? Can Pfizer like.. leak the data to them early to give them a head start?
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-17-2020, 04:17 PM   #46974
Life is changing..

Moderna too. Just send over what data you have and let them start reviewing in. If we could somehow get Pfizer and Moderna approved in the next month or so, we could start making a huge impact.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-17-2020, 04:18 PM   #46975
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
Hopefully this will be more like the traditional vaccines. I think a big part of the flu is that the vaccine isn't effective enough for a lot of people. At 40%, a large portion of the population probably thinks why bother.

I have hope that, given what we're hearing about potential long-term effectiveness of these vaccines, that more people will get it because it won't be a yearly maybe like the flu.
I hope so too, but I think we'll also see a lot of people hesitant to take "the world's first mRNA vaccine," at least initially.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-17-2020, 04:19 PM   #46976
Life is changing..

Quote:
I hope so too, but I think we'll also see a lot of people hesitant to take "the world's first mRNA vaccine," at least initially.
Why?
Old 11-17-2020, 04:20 PM   #46977
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
To be fair, I'm one of those people. I'll admit it.

I'm also hopeful that Oxford won't be far behind. And I'm sure seeing I live in the middle of nowhere, thousands if not millions of people will get one of the mRNA vaccines before it's available to me, so it's not like I'll be on the leading edge anyway.
Old 11-17-2020, 04:23 PM   #46978
Kind of a mod

Quote:
I get the hesitation, but to some extent I feel like a vaccine at least allows people to make their own choice. Right now, vulnerable groups don't have much of a choice but to stay home if they're trying to stay safe. If there's a vaccine, they at least get the option to roll the dice with a vaccine or stay home indefinitely.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-17-2020, 04:36 PM   #46979
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
Why?
I put it in quotes for a reason. One, it's a world's first. Two, people see RNA and get freaked out. It's not an attenuated influenza shot.

And it's already started. It's already making the rounds that the mRNA vaccines "alter your DNA." That's not true, but many people will believe it.
Old 11-17-2020, 04:37 PM   #46980
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
To be fair, I'm one of those people. I'll admit it.

I'm also hopeful that Oxford won't be far behind. And I'm sure seeing I live in the middle of nowhere, thousands if not millions of people will get one of the mRNA vaccines before it's available to me, so it's not like I'll be on the leading edge anyway.
Pussy.

You'll be the first one I eat when I turn into a Dark Seeker.