Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-24-2010, 06:18 AM  
In Search of a Life

50 Beers to Try Before You Die

Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 04-01-2011 at 08:05 PM..
NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2021, 09:09 PM   #4651
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
I'm driving further than all you ****ers no matter where we go, so there are many great options..... I love Ground Control. Fate is also very good if ya'll want food (Ground Control has better beer, Fate might have slightly better food). I've never been to an OHSO, but would love to try it (one of the 3 in Scottsdale). Angel's Trumpet House is downtown-ish.

If no one cares about food, The Theodore is down the street from Angel's, and there's also Wandering Tortoise and King's, or the place OTWP mentioned earlier.
Seriously, I have a metric ****ton of Hilton points - so I'll defer to the experts here and likely get a room so I can enjoy myself.
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2021, 09:19 PM   #4652
Mod Team

Quote:
I'm driving further than all you ****ers no matter where we go, so there are many great options..... I love Ground Control. Fate is also very good if ya'll want food (Ground Control has better beer, Fate might have slightly better food). I've never been to an OHSO, but would love to try it (one of the 3 in Scottsdale). Angel's Trumpet House is downtown-ish.

If no one cares about food, The Theodore is down the street from Angel's, and there's also Wandering Tortoise and King's, or the place OTWP mentioned earlier.
Angel’s Trumpet house is good too.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-18-2021, 08:25 AM   #4653
Mod Team

Woof.

Bourbon followed by Twisted Tea, followed by Moose Drool, followed by brawts and Doritos make for an interesting smell to my morning farts.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-18-2021, 03:57 PM   #4654
Would an idiot do that?

Lives up to the rating as a top 5 stout in the country. It really excels in its body/thickness, and great mix of coffee and maple syrup.

Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-18-2021, 04:10 PM   #4655
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Lives up to the rating as a top 5 stout in the country. It really excels in its body/thickness, and great mix of coffee and maple syrup.

American Solera has a similar stout called "Dads Making Breakfast". Had it about month ago and cant stop thinking about how good it is.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-18-2021, 04:32 PM   #4656
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
American Solera has a similar stout called "Dads Making Breakfast". Had it about month ago and cant stop thinking about how good it is.
Quote:
Notes: Imperial Stout aged 12 months in a blend of Balcones Single Malt & Balcones Blue Corn Whiskey Barrels w/ Maple & Double Shot Guatemalan El Tambor Coffee.
Yeah, that sounds delicious.

IIRC, you homebrew, too? Tried this one this afternoon as well, which is basically someone's homebrew... they're starting to get a business together (Innocence Beer Company) in Phoenix and really the only thing I could nitpicks is that it could use some aging, as it was pretty whiskey forward. Pretty amazing what people can produce from home (I've always kind of sucked at it).

Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-18-2021, 05:50 PM   #4657
Cheat Death

Revolution's Cuvée de Grâce (2021) that was released on Friday

The 2021 edition of Cuvée de Gráce features these incredible components:
11 barrels of Deth's Tar, sweet component – Fudgy, ridiculously aromatic with vanilla and marshmallow notes, and quite nearly thicker than our love for Oatmeal Stout. Every bit of this component comes from rum barrels.
7 barrels of Ryeway to Heaven, dry component – This exceedingly dry Ryeway provides the delicate balance and intriguing spice to complement the sweeter elements in the blend. Six of these are from bourbon barrels, and one is a rum barrel.
14 barrels of Straight Jacket, sweet component – This isn’t quite V.S.O.J. Not enough time on it for that. Let’s call it V.S.O.Jr. The sweet toffee and caramel notes are everything you want from an English Barleywine and more. Eight of these barrels are bourbon, and six are rum.
2 barrels of Thundertaker – We kept a few barrels from the 2020 Deep Wood kickoff, and we’re glad we did. The harmony between Canadian rye and chocolatey stout notes give just the right accent.
2 barrels of Ryeway to Heaven/Straight Jacket blend – Mostly Ryeway topped off with a bit of Barleywine to fill volume. The perfect midpoint between our Ryeway and Straight Jacket components.

KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-18-2021, 06:06 PM   #4658
MVP

Quote:
I'm driving further than all you ****ers no matter where we go,
I mean, I don't mind driving up there and going to PPLD.
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2021, 09:26 AM   #4659
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjonyj001 View Post
I've actually only had 26 of the beers on the list
It’s an 11 year old list, so I wouldn’t worry about it too much.
Third Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-19-2021, 09:58 AM   #4660
Politically Incorrect

Quote:

Having that with with pancakes and sausage this morning?
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2021, 11:57 AM   #4661
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Yeah, that sounds delicious.

IIRC, you homebrew, too? Tried this one this afternoon as well, which is basically someone's homebrew... they're starting to get a business together (Innocence Beer Company) in Phoenix and really the only thing I could nitpicks is that it could use some aging, as it was pretty whiskey forward. Pretty amazing what people can produce from home (I've always kind of sucked at it).
Yea I brew quite a bit. I haven't done a barrel aged beer in a while though, I sent lewdog a bottle of one of my BA beers a few years ago.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2021, 04:23 AM   #4662
When a nightmare becomes real

I’m attempting to get a Side Project special release tomorrow. For those who have done this, how quickly do they sell out?
Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 04-20-2021, 04:46 AM   #4663
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy View Post
I’m attempting to get a Side Project special release tomorrow. For those who have done this, how quickly do they sell out?
Immediately.

Make sure to have a Shop Pay account setup for express checkout beforehand, otherwise don't bother.

Good luck. I'll be trying as well.

Last edited by KCUnited; 04-20-2021 at 05:04 AM..
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2021, 07:13 AM   #4664
When a nightmare becomes real

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
Immediately.

Make sure to have a Shop Pay account setup for express checkout beforehand, otherwise don't bother.

Good luck. I'll be trying as well.
Thanks. I'm locked and loaded. Good luck.
Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 04-20-2021, 07:29 AM   #4665
King Sandbagger

Cory seems to be planning on this not going all that fast since the package is likely going to be around $120-130. There are no purchase limits either. Could last for a bit, could be a shitshow. Bet on the latter.

I'll try as well. Why not?
phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.