Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-15-2021, 02:08 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Joe Thuney to the Chiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalElder View Post

Last edited by Dante84; 03-15-2021 at 09:38 PM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2023, 11:25 AM   #451
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
No, where exactly did you see this?
He saw it during his Peyote trip right next to purple unicorn and hot mermaid.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2023, 11:30 AM   #452
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
Didn't we all tell you to get off FB, bro?
Yeah, yeah, I know.

Didn't see this one on FB though. Saw it on Twitter.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2023, 11:30 AM   #453
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
Yeah, yeah, I know.

Didn't see this one on FB though. Saw it on Twitter.
Can we at least get a link?
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2023, 11:33 AM   #454
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Can we at least get a link?
Let me see if I can find it again. I don't actually have a Twitter account...
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2023, 11:38 AM   #455
11-5, baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
I've seen a couple of rumors (unsubstantiated) that Thuney is considering retirement. Anybody else heard this?
That would help with cap space next year for sure.

Sign OBJ, re-sign Alegretti, and draft a replacement.
Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2023, 11:40 AM   #456
MVP

Thuney has earned every penny. Awesome signing!!
ThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 11:41 AM   #457
World's Best Boss

Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 11:45 AM   #458
World's Best Boss

Last edited by Chiefspants; 02-22-2023 at 12:02 PM..
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2023, 11:48 AM   #459
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson View Post
That would help with cap space next year for sure.

Sign OBJ, re-sign Alegretti, and draft a replacement.
Unless the way retirement against the cap has changed it impacts the cap the same as a cut so there really is no savings by him retiring.

He needs to play through the next season and then retire to have a significant savings.

Looking at over the cap if he retired after June 1 this year it would be a whopping $500k savings.

If the way retirements hit the cap has changed recently then ignore the above and please link because I could not find it.
penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.
Old 02-22-2023, 12:11 PM   #460
11-5, baby

Assuming you can’t split the retirement cap hot over 2 years, only $2.3M saved per my math.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-c...-thuney-19028/
Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2023, 12:32 PM   #461
Veteran

He’s not retiring. There hasn’t been one mention of it

I will say I hated the signing at the time. Because it was at the same time we were pursuing Trent Williams, and boy did I want that to happen. But this has been one of Veach’s best moves. He’s so ****ing reliable. Just plug him in and forget about it
Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 02-22-2023, 12:37 PM   #462
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urc Burry View Post

I will say I hated the signing at the time. Because it was at the same time we were pursuing Trent Williams, and boy did I want that to happen. But this has been one of Veach’s best moves. He’s so ****ing reliable. Just plug him in and forget about it
Yeah, I went back and tried to find the comment but couldn't find it.

FWIW, I said "unsubstantiated" in the original post because that's exactly what it was. A couple of rando's in the comments saying they heard he might be retiring. I just wanted to mention it here in case anybody had heard something.
Old 02-22-2023, 12:37 PM   #463
Veteran

If Thuney stays and the Chiefs win it all again, he will be tied for third in most super bowl wins by a player. The list is long at 4 wins, but still pretty impressive. If he stays and wins 2 more, he will be one of the top 3 players in super bowl wins. Tom Brady has 7 and Charles Haley has 5.

Last edited by RedinTexas; 02-22-2023 at 12:43 PM..
RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 12:43 PM   #464
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urc Burry View Post

Some of us (myself included) lost sight of the simple notion that just because LT is the most important position on the line, that doesn’t mean you let the rest of the line rot in pursuit of your top priority.

We had mostly adequate LG play (not counting the Bucs SB) but the point was that we don’t aim for adequate, we aim for stellar. A **** awesome G was available. So get a **** awesome G when you have the chance. Didn’t have to be any more complicated than that.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2023, 12:47 PM   #465
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
Some of us (myself included) lost sight of the simple notion that just because LT is the most important position on the line, that doesn’t mean you let the rest of the line rot in pursuit of your top priority.

We had mostly adequate LG play (not counting the Bucs SB) but the point was that we don’t aim for adequate, we aim for stellar. A **** awesome G was available. So get a **** awesome G when you have the chance. Didn’t have to be any more complicated than that.
We went from having elite tackle play (which allowed Mahomes to drift back to make plays) to elite interior play (which allowed Mahomes to excel from the pocket and scramble up the middle).

Both styles have worked to a legendary degree.

Last edited by Chiefspants; 02-22-2023 at 02:11 PM..
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote