Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-27-2017, 08:06 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

Official 2017 STL Cardinals Thread

My as well get it started. Here's my "Matheny" lineup.....

Fowler CF
Diaz SS
Carpenter 1B
Piscotty RF
Grichuk LF
Molina C
Peralta 3B
Wong 2B
Pitcher

My "Matheny" Starting rotation

Martinez
Reyes
Wainwright
Lynn
Leake
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-21-2017, 11:15 AM   #451
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1020 View Post
I just saw the video of the homer he gave up to Shaw and it looked like Martinez went to the hardware store and bought a mop to use as dreads.

Meanwhile, your resident former bum Eric Thames relegated to the Korean league has turned into a WWE wrestler and is hitting every other pitch out of the park.
Yeah, and today we roll Waino's wheelchair to the mound to watch him face 73 batters in the first three innings
raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-21-2017, 07:00 PM   #452
In my youth i pray to keep

Can we convert waino to an outfielder ?
bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:01 PM   #453
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Up 6-3 in the bottom of the 9th. Can they hold on?

I dare not tune in to find out.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:22 PM   #454
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

And they won.

Had I turned on the game, they would have lost 7-6 in 10 innings.

So you're welcome.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-22-2017, 07:45 PM   #455
In Search of a Life

Yadi looked safe
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-23-2017, 11:51 AM   #456
Now you've pissed me off!

You know who would be a perfect fit for this lineup and defense, and who wouldn't cost much?

David Freese.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-23-2017, 11:58 AM   #457
What's up braj?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
You know who would be a perfect fit for this lineup and defense, and who wouldn't cost much?

David Freese.
I don't know if he'd be willing to come back. I read an article the other day about all the personal demons he was dealing with in St. Louis and how he's supposedly over them now.
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:47 AM   #458
Diablo Negro

Don't look now but the shitty ass Cards are only 1.5 games back and starting to play better.

But....3 guys picked off on the bases yesterday. WTF? They don't have the offense to give away outs especially with runners in scoring position.

They need to get Rosy back into the closers role ASAP.

And I don't know how long its going to last but Leake is pitching lights out. If they can get Martinez lined out and Waino fixed out they could have a good rotation.

Sadly I think Waino is the lost cause of the group.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:55 AM   #459
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
Don't look now but the shitty ass Cards are only 1.5 games back and starting to play better.

But....3 guys picked off on the bases yesterday. WTF? They don't have the offense to give away outs especially with runners in scoring position.

And I don't know how long its going to last but Leake is pitching lights out. If they can get Martinez lined out and Waino fixed out they could have a good rotation.

I have a hard time wrapping my head around how bad a defensive 1b Matt Carpenter is.

In the one game they lost in that series, Martinez gave up a 3 run bomb that happened because Carpenter simply missed a pick-off throw. It hit him right in the glove and skipped away to allow the runner to advance. The next pitch was a routine DP ball but it went to the vacated hole after the SS moved towards 2b to hold the runner. If the SS is at DP depth with the runner at 1b, it's an easy DP and the inning is over.

Carpenter's defense is killing us and the offense isn't coming around because he's a headcase who can't seem to perform in the 3 hole because he's wound so tight and puts pressure on himself.

I said it when they said they were moving him off 3b last year - they needed to trade him. The guy's a DH.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-24-2017, 10:03 AM   #460
In Search of a Life

Just move him back to 3rd and end the Adams in LF stuff.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-24-2017, 10:04 AM   #461
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I have a hard time wrapping my head around how bad a defensive 1b Matt Carpenter is.

In the one game they lost in that series, Martinez gave up a 3 run bomb that happened because Carpenter simply missed a pick-off throw. It hit him right in the glove and skipped away to allow the runner to advance. The next pitch was a routine DP ball but it went to the vacated hole after the SS moved towards 2b to hold the runner. If the SS is at DP depth with the runner at 1b, it's an easy DP and the inning is over.

Carpenter's defense is killing us and the offense isn't coming around because he's a headcase who can't seem to perform in the 3 hole because he's wound so tight and puts pressure on himself.

I said it when they said they were moving him off 3b last year - they needed to trade him. The guy's a DH.

He is an even worse base runner than defensive player I think.

Put him back at 3rd and platoon 1st base.

And yea the 3 hole is a shitty spot for Carpenter.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-24-2017, 10:12 AM   #462
MVP

Carp couldn't do worse leading off than Fowler has so far. He's hitting .169 with a .241 OBP. That's no bueno
raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-24-2017, 10:16 AM   #463
It's a league game, Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybec 4 View Post
Carp couldn't do worse leading off than Fowler has so far. He's hitting .169 with a .241 OBP. That's no bueno
Just go Marp and leadoff, then Fowler and Diaz at the 2 and 3. Diaz is the one guy hitting for a little bit of power so he is more fit for the 3 or 4 slot anyway. If Fowler can't get going, then move him back and have someone like Garcia bat 2.
Swanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-24-2017, 10:22 AM   #464
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post

Leake had nothing yesterday and still survived. His upside is limited, but I have watched all of his games, and the depth on his sinker, coupled with what appears to be an uptick in velocity has been impressive. Unfortunately we don't have the Cubs infield defense.

Waino needs to scrap the cutter. If he wants to improve something go with a sinking two-seamer. His fastball has always been straight, but as he has lost velocity it is no longer missing bats unless he paints the corners or is consistently throwing his curve for strikes. If he could sink his fastball for strikes to get ahead, he could go up top with a 92-93 mph 4-seamer. When he throws his curve for strikes down in the zone, it is basically the same idea (changing the hitters eye level to the ball). It is just a lot tougher to consistently get ahead with your 12-6 curve, especially without hanging one.
VAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-24-2017, 10:27 AM   #465
Consuming CP souls

81 and 81!!! Cold Budweisers and melted Provel for all!
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.