Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2015, 03:48 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

What are you Smoking/Grilling/BBQ'ing this weekend?

What are you up to this weekend?

I finally gave up on my smoker and decided to get a new smoker. I went with a bigger model but less tech. Yes, its a cheater electric smoker. My 3rd one. I need more space to cook, I don't need help getting my smoke and temp right.

I've also never used injection for flavor except for pork butt or other big cuts of meat. I decided to give it a try. I developed my own injection. Basically like the other recipes you have out on the internet but I'm putting the rub in the injection and using sirracchi.

Full results not in yet but my son and I think its the best sausage we have ever had.

No sauce. Marinated the meat overnight. Injected the meat. Slow cooked the ribs and chicken. Baste it with a combo of butter and apple juice. Using a combination of Apple, Mesquite, Cherry and Hickory wood.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11539678_10205518593098849_7496287094654554585_n.jpg
Views:	7041
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	110157   Click image for larger version

Name:	11204917_10205518655060398_84193330748835473_n.jpg
Views:	6620
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	110158   Click image for larger version

Name:	11403311_10205518654740390_5737794009802538289_n.jpg
Views:	6982
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	110159   Click image for larger version

Name:	11060263_10205518594938895_5571454432064515726_n.jpg
Views:	6890
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	110160  
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-28-2017, 10:29 PM   #451
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inmem58 View Post
Wanting to see if anybody has tried Joe's method when it comes to flat brisket. I am currently 0-1 when it comes to flat brisket. For all you clever guys it wasn't when my apartment caught fire. Also, what are some good store bought rubs? I bought this after reading some reviews and doing research. I heard Head Country was really good as well.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/o...recipe-2013912
For brisket I tend to stick with Santa Maria style. Salt, pepper, maybe a little granulated garlic (bloom in a liquid for additional flavor).

Pass on store bought rubs; salt is cheap so there's a lot of it in those rubs and they're always bad. Mix granulated garlic, kosher salt, dark brown sugar, mustard powder, cayenne pepper, paprika, cumin and black pepper (maybe some chili powder) in various ratios until you find something you like. Paprika is largely for color, brown sugar and granulated garlic for filler, salt and pepper to taste, cayenne to heat, I do my cumin by smell.

Just make your own.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-28-2017, 10:33 PM   #452
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ping2000 View Post
The apartment fire temp exceeded 200 degrees.
I'm laughing so hard right now, shouldn't have smoked that weed.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-28-2017, 11:42 PM   #453
EvOlVeD

Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 06-29-2017, 04:06 AM   #454
Cast Iron Jedi

Make your own rub. Tons cheaper.

Last few I've done were a straight Dalmatian rub - equal parts salt and pepper. That's really outstanding.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-29-2017, 06:04 AM   #455
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
What was the matter with your last brisket?

I always foil mine after like 4 hours and run it up to 190-200 and pull it. I haven't had good luck with bringing it to 180 and slice it.

I've also had better luck going to a butcher than a grocery store. I have no idea what the difference is or how to get it otherwise so I just bend over and pay up. It's worth the money.
I was pretty much jerky, I didn't use any foil at all and never let it rest. Also, I have a digit instant read thermometer and I always thought to myself afterwards "did I have it set on Celsius"?
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-29-2017, 06:09 AM   #456
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
I was pretty much jerky, I didn't use any foil at all and never let it rest. Also, I have a digit instant read thermometer and I always thought to myself afterwards "did I have it set on Celsius"?

180 C would be like 350 F. If you were cooking below 350, that's not possible.

I usually foil mine after about half my smoke time, and when I pull it, wrap it in towels and put it in a cooler for at least an hour.

If you cut right into it, any moisture left in the meat bled out, which is why it was dry.

Did it have a fat cap or was it trimmed?
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-29-2017, 06:54 AM   #457
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
180 C would be like 350 F. If you were cooking below 350, that's not possible.

I usually foil mine after about half my smoke time, and when I pull it, wrap it in towels and put it in a cooler for at least an hour.

If you cut right into it, any moisture left in the meat bled out, which is why it was dry.

Did it have a fat cap or was it trimmed?
I believe it was trimmed, I got it from Costco.
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-29-2017, 07:09 AM   #458
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
I believe it was trimmed, I got it from Costco.

That's assuredly part of the problem then. All the flats at my Costco are trimmed and very lean. You need that fat cap to melt into the brisket to keep it moist.

You can approximate it by putting a layer of bacon on top.

Or buy untried brisket and trim yourself.
Old 06-29-2017, 09:25 AM   #459
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
That's assuredly part of the problem then. All the flats at my Costco are trimmed and very lean. You need that fat cap to melt into the brisket to keep it moist.

You can approximate it by putting a layer of bacon on top.

Or buy untried brisket and trim yourself.
I'd say that's it. Brisket needs fat.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-01-2017, 01:16 PM   #460
Baba Ganoush

The fat cap on this one wasn't too shabby, gonna take it nice and slow this time lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-01-2017, 02:39 PM   #461
Most Valuable Poster

Smoking this
teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-01-2017, 03:16 PM   #462
Supporter

Going to smoke a brisket flat. Does anyone inject?
mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-01-2017, 03:39 PM   #463
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlyonsd View Post
Going to smoke a brisket flat. Does anyone inject?
I'm not, just a dry rub. I have one on my WSM right now.
Old 07-01-2017, 03:52 PM   #464
Supporter

Quote:
I'm not, just a dry rub. I have one on my WSM right now.
I never have either but was just reading about it. I use a water smoker and it keeps it moist enough but I was curious what it would do for flavor.

Looking forward to Tuesday!
mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-01-2017, 03:59 PM   #465
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlyonsd View Post
I never have either but was just reading about it. I use a water smoker and it keeps it moist enough but I was curious what it would do for flavor.

Looking forward to Tuesday!
My first brisket flat failed miserably, I'm trying it again. Once I get it down I'll start experimenting.