Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-08-2022, 02:38 PM  
Veteran

Pittbulls kill 2 year old and 5 month old

Quote:
Two young children are dead and their mother suffered major injuries after two family dogs attacked a baby and toddler outside their West Tennessee home.Kirstie Bennard, 30, suffered critical injuries when she tried to intervene in the attack on her 5-month-old boy, Hollace Dean, and 2-year-old girl, Lilly Jane, family and police said.

"She put her body on top of Lilly’s to try and protect her after the attack started," Bennard's uncle by marriage, Jeff Gibson told USA TODAY on Saturday. "Both (dogs) started attacking her while she lay on Lilly."The two children were pronounced dead when officials arrived at the home, the sheriff's office reported.

It was not immediately known what provoked the mauling.The mauling, Gibson said, lasted about 10 minutes.The dogs – two pit bulls that belonged to the family – were euthanized at Memphis Animal Services Thursday.

The family owned the pets, Cheech and Mia, for more than eight years without a violent incident, Kelsey Canfield, the mother's best friend, told Fox News.

"I can promise you those children were her world, and if there was any inkling of danger, she would have never had those dogs near her kids," Canfield told the outlet. "Those children were everything to them, and they just have a really long journey ahead."
Full Article: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ng/8219201001/

How do you feel about PittBull's? I posted this because my wife shared this story with me and my son was just recently participating in a "read to sheltered dogs" event where you could adopt a dog (I know brilliant).

I've heard the arguments that PittBull's get a bad wrap, but it seems time and time again they are the focal point of dogs who do these horrible acts.
TripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 10-24-2023, 05:56 PM   #451
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH83 View Post
Mayhe just own another breed of dog then I reckon
Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
So why Pit Bull? You can get a loving companion in a lot of other breeds that do not have the track record of a Pit Bull.
IIRC, I had this debate earlier in this thread. Personally, I’d own a pit bull because they’ve got a good mix of qualities. They’re a big breed so they’re useful for home defense if necessary while not being so massive that they would become an issue being an indoors animal. Unlike most other big breeds, they’ve got short coats so they won’t shed like many others. The short coat is also ideal for hot climates like the one I live in. They’re extremely affordable.

Idk, those are just off the top of my head..

The vast majority of pit bulls live and die without mauling 3 year olds so that’s not something I’d consider too much.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 06:04 PM   #452
Veteran

If you own one of these infant shredder dogs then you should just kill yourself. The world would be a better place.
Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 06:04 PM   #453
My Mamma Says

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
IIRC, I had this debate earlier in this thread. Personally, I’d own a pit bull because they’ve got a good mix of qualities. They’re a big breed so they’re useful for home defense if necessary while not being so massive that they would become an issue being an indoors animal. Unlike most other big breeds, they’ve got short coats so they won’t shed like many others. The short coat is also ideal for hot climates like the one I live in. They’re extremely affordable.

The vast majority of pit bulls live and die without mauling 3 year olds so that’s not something I’d consider too much.
Of course.. This doesn't surprise me..
Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-24-2023, 06:09 PM   #454
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdj23 View Post
Chihuahuas need to face extinction.
We call them Mexican Doorbells here in AZ.
fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 06:14 PM   #455
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:

The whole "home security" thing is wildly overblown. All dogs bark. Therefore all dogs will give you warning, or ward off a potential intruder. The odds of someone trying to break in are low anyway.

Secondly, **** they are a lot of work dude. I think i made a post somewhere in here already about it, but it's nice to have dogs that don't go apeshit everytime someone wants to come over. Or everytime someone walks by your house. It's annoying AF having to tell your dog to , and they don't listen any goddamn way so now you're just yelling at the dog like an asshole while your dog is still going apeshit.

These aggressive, high energy dogs simply aint worth the trouble. I had a pure blood blue nose pitbull once and good god she was a ****.

I had a Rot/Pit mutt and i loved him, but damn what a chore he was.

Most people get a dog thinking they're going to be a companion, an accessory to their lives.

But dogs like these aren't an accessory, they're your WHOLE life. You cant just leave him in your backyard and think it's gonna be gravy. You MUST walk him, all the time. Things like off-leash dog parks....eh, you better be careful. You have to spend a tremendous amount of time training them, and you have to be able to communicate with them on their terms. So unless you plan on having your life revolve around your dog, just get a regular old boring, wimpy dog.

I got two non threatening, pip-squeak dogs and couldn't be happier. Life is so much easier with the TWO of them than it was with my ONE Rot/Pit mutt.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 06:19 PM   #456
Supporter

Someone mentioned Chows. I owned two for a number of years. Male was solid gold; kept him until he died. Female wanted to kill everything on four legs. When my son was born I kept a distance between her and my son. One day when he was just learning to walk he was inside and she was outside the arcadia door. When my son stood himself up against the arcadia door she pounced at him against the glass. I put an ad in the paper and gave her away to the first person interested...warned the new owner of her aggression. I would have killed her had she hurt my son.
fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 06:37 PM   #457

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kman34 View Post
Of course.. This doesn't surprise me..
WHAT DO YOU MEAN “YOU PEOPLE”?!?!
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-24-2023, 06:38 PM   #458
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Clark View Post
So you’re throwing German shepherds in with pit bulls ?
I am my son was attacked by one walking home from the bus stop. Jumped its fence ran him down bit him many times till he got away. Bit through his jeans drawing blood. Had to go through the first round of rabies shots. Only luckily found the dog through me posting if anyone knows this dog in Nextdoor and pics from my cell phone. The dog I tried to get as it had no collar so it could be observed for signs of rabbies. It came after me I had had picked up a 5 foot x 2 inch branch on the ground. When he was danger close I cracked him across the muzzle. It ran like hell jumping in one bound over fences the next block over. Called the Doctor and was told to go to children mercy to be evaluated. Since the dog seemed stray they had to start first round shots. When we got home my app was lit up with people that had run ins with this dog. The mailman stopped to talk to me that he had reported this dog and had been bit but didn't draw blood. The owner texted tat it was there dog and swore he was up to date. I told to get me the paper work copy. She lied to me and said she would get the records the next day at the dog hospital. The next day I waited and nothing so went to her house she was balling and just didnt remember that the dog hadn't had shots in 2 years. I called animal control right then and there and hour later they impounded for obsevation.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-24-2023, 06:40 PM   #459

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
The whole "home security" thing is wildly overblown. All dogs bark. Therefore all dogs will give you warning, or ward off a potential intruder. The odds of someone trying to break in are low anyway.

Secondly, **** they are a lot of work dude. I think i made a post somewhere in here already about it, but it's nice to have dogs that don't go apeshit everytime someone wants to come over. Or everytime someone walks by your house. It's annoying AF having to tell your dog to , and they don't listen any goddamn way so now you're just yelling at the dog like an asshole while your dog is still going apeshit.

These aggressive, high energy dogs simply aint worth the trouble. I had a pure blood blue nose pitbull once and good god she was a ****.

I had a Rot/Pit mutt and i loved him, but damn what a chore he was.

Most people get a dog thinking they're going to be a companion, an accessory to their lives.

But dogs like these aren't an accessory, they're your WHOLE life. You cant just leave him in your backyard and think it's gonna be gravy. You MUST walk him, all the time. Things like off-leash dog parks....eh, you better be careful. You have to spend a tremendous amount of time training them, and you have to be able to communicate with them on their terms. So unless you plan on having your life revolve around your dog, just get a regular old boring, wimpy dog.

I got two non threatening, pip-squeak dogs and couldn't be happier. Life is so much easier with the TWO of them than it was with my ONE Rot/Pit mutt.
You trying to convince me to get a toy breed? Lol. I’m not doing it! I can’t stand shitty little ass dogs. They yap more than the big breeds and that shrill pitch is FAR more annoying than the deep bass that comes from a dog over 50 pounds.

In my experience, pits aren’t particularly high energy. They don’t require near the amount of exercise as other breeds like boxers and huskies anyway.
Old 10-24-2023, 06:43 PM   #460
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
You trying to convince me to get a toy breed? Lol. I’m not doing it! I can’t stand shitty little ass dogs. They yap more than the big breeds and that shrill pitch is FAR more annoying than the deep bass that comes from a dog over 50 pounds.

In my experience, pits aren’t particularly high energy. They don’t require near the amount of exercise as other breeds like boxers and huskies anyway.
Not a toy breed, no. But small dogs are nice. Hey, maybe you're a more attentive dog owner than I. Personally, when i get off work i dont look forward to a second job of now having to attend to my dog, let alone the rest of the fam that needs my attention.

And yes, Pits are high energy. When you don't expend that energy on a daily basis and walk them for a good while, you get a dog that wigs out on everyone that walks by your home. That shit gets old REAL fast.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-24-2023, 06:44 PM   #461
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
Working dogs were bred to work
Herding dogs were bred to herd
Sporting dogs were bred to sport
Pit Bulls were bred to-
This is still what it comes down to for me. I know people are quick to say it's "not the dog, but the owner", but I've yet to meet a responsible Pit owner. Our old neighbor just left the dog outside 24/7 (and it got bored and destroyed our fence). These dogs just need constant training, reinforcement, and vigilance (in a perfect world, they'd have classes, too). But I haven't met someone who has put that level of care into their Pit.

FTR, I know responsible folks like this exist, but I've yet to meet one.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-24-2023, 06:56 PM   #462
Three-Pat

Quote:

While I disagree on reasons to own one, I can respect you actually giving reasons beyond "just because". You are also correct that the vast majority do not maul 3 year old's. I ask, do you have children? Not trying to be funny, but I am curious if you do. If so, do you have a pit bull at home? If you don't have children, would you be perfectly comfortable with your young children around one?
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 10-24-2023, 06:56 PM   #463

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Not a toy breed, no. But small dogs are nice. Hey, maybe you're a more attentive dog owner than I. Personally, when i get off work i dont look forward to a second job of now having to attend to my dog, let alone the rest of the fam that needs my attention.

And yes, Pits are high energy. When you don't expend that energy on a daily basis and walk them for a good while, you get a dog that wigs out on everyone that walks by your home. That shit gets old REAL fast.
I’m just kidding. I can understand the appeal of small breeds. My ex had a Yorkie/Maltese mix (they call it a Morkie) and he was only semi-yappy so he was cool. Lil Chico. Talk about not shedding- those ****ers are bred to have actual hair lol it’s awesome. They’re soft af and you don’t get any hair on your clothes/furniture.

I really just despise the bulldog breeds because I think it’s irresponsible to breed them. They can’t swim, run, hell they can hardly even breathe. Also chihuahuas suck. They’re so feeble. You ever just look at a chihuahua while it’s being held and it’s shaking? Like visibly trembling for no reason?

I never had that experience with any pit I’ve been around. At worst you might come home to some shit around the house chewed up, but that’s really on the owner.
Old 10-24-2023, 06:57 PM   #464
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
I'm no expert on pit bulls, but I would assume an enraged big, muscular dog like that would react the same as an enraged big, muscular person; it's going to ignore a small wound or just get more pissed off that you shot it. If you hit it with a .22 (unless you get the brain) it might bleed out eventually, but not before it's gone all Ramsey Bolton on you.

If you're worried about getting attacked by squirrels or rabbits, carry a .22. If you're worried about something that can kill and eat you, carry a real gun.
Do I need a ****ing .45
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-24-2023, 07:07 PM   #465
Fight, build, win!

My son didn't need the rest of the shots as they observed and released into her sisters custody who had land in the country. The KC pet project did the evaluation as that was where the kcmo animal control dropped the dogs for observation. I was told by animal control this dog would not be allowed back to the original owners. The agent told me over the phone it couldn't come back unless a fence at least 6.5 feet in height was constructed. A month later I was setting out trash and heard the neighbor holler get out here. The same shepherd came running up the street saw me and did a 90-degree lept fence into the neighbor's yard and disappeared. I then had my handgun at the ready if ever I seen. I called Animal Control and told them no improvements were made to restrain this dog. They seemed disinterested and nothing happened the dog was out running many times. I came close to putting it down but no safe shooting lanes so didn't pull the thunder. The neighbor wouldn't answer the phone or knocks at their door.

Anyway, months passed and a new neighbor a street over described the same dog had bit her grade school daughter at the bus stop and neighbors told her where the dog belonged. The dog was collected and destroyed and it was current. So much history with this dog till it was finally done in. I wish I'd killed it before that little girl was bitten.

That neighbor's reputation was mud and they moved a few years ago good riddance. Also **** KC Pet Project for allowing this piece of shit animal back into our neighborhood to reek terror. My son who loved dogs was never the same. I had to pick him up and drop him off at school he stopped playing outside till a year after this dog was for sure gone and he came out of it and got back to normal.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote