Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-11-2023, 08:37 PM  
Starter

Old People Thread

Hello old people of CP! Do you ever think about wanting to talk about problems you and other old people have? Is this football forum the only place on the internet you know how to get to? Well look no further! This old man thread is here for you to talk about your trials and tribulations.

Have an itch to complain about how the young generation doesn't know what hard work is? Post it in here! Are there some birds that need yelled or do you have neighbors that play music too loud? We'd love to hear about it! Did you fill your diapers and want to complain about the poor quality of Chinese products? Please regale us!

So if you can barely see letters in this thread without zooming in, but refuse to give up your drivers license, we'd love to read what you have to tell us! Come on in, bring your Werther's candy, and folksy tales of how things used to be!

Last edited by kozzman555; 04-11-2023 at 10:12 PM..
kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 02-17-2024, 03:27 PM   #451
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers View Post
Lost my reading glasses today
The trick to that for me, without exaggerating, is to have about a dozen pair with them stashed everywhere you go in the house, shop and cars. I even have the Mrs. carry a pair in her purse. They are really cheap to buy a bunch at a time on Amazon.
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 03:28 PM   #452
Veteran

Pegging.

No clue and had to look it up. Okey Dokey, what ever floats your boat.

I must live a sheltered life

I did hear about "Docking" though
Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 02-17-2024, 03:39 PM   #453
MER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holladay View Post
Pegging.

Its a game at Cracker Barrell. 😂😂
But yay research
Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2024, 03:44 PM   #454
Veteran

Good to know. I think my opinion of you as a crack whore has changed I was a little concerned that you knew what "Pegging" was and that I was a neophyte amongst Titians.
Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 02-17-2024, 03:46 PM   #455
Veteran

Just got back from a poker tournament that started at noon. 90% boomers like myself. We get up early...
Pinchshot is not part of the Right 53.Pinchshot is not part of the Right 53.Pinchshot is not part of the Right 53.Pinchshot is not part of the Right 53.Pinchshot is not part of the Right 53.Pinchshot is not part of the Right 53.Pinchshot is not part of the Right 53.Pinchshot is not part of the Right 53.Pinchshot is not part of the Right 53.Pinchshot is not part of the Right 53.Pinchshot is not part of the Right 53.
Old 02-17-2024, 04:37 PM   #456
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holladay View Post
Pegging.

When I was young I was really into pegging games. You know, at Cracker Barrel.

Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2024, 04:41 PM   #457
sorta mod-ish

Felt obligated to post in here.

Hi.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2024, 04:54 PM   #458
Veteran

Quote:
When I was young I was really into pegging games. You know, at Cracker Barrel.
AHhh, so that is Pegging. My Great Uncle in Urich, Mo, close to Pleasant Hill (SE of KC 'bout and hour) was a carpenter and made those things. He also built that house with his brothers in 1913. I bought my old farm house in 1992 that was built in 1913. Life throw you curve balls

Dang they would sit around and talk about WWI on thanksgiving. It was strange to think those same dudes knew people from the Civil War. Time is relative.

Now Pegging has a nice memory

Last edited by Holladay; 02-17-2024 at 05:00 PM..
Old 02-17-2024, 05:06 PM   #459
Veteran

OK

As you age "time is relative" is key and perspective as well.

To expand on time. When you are 10 yro, 1 year is a tenth of your life. When you are 90 yro, 1 year is .011 of your life. That ties into perspective.

My 2 cents..
Old 02-17-2024, 05:37 PM   #460
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers View Post
Lost my reading glasses today
I need my glasses so I can find my glasses.
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2024, 05:38 PM   #461
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiEd View Post
The trick to that for me, without exaggerating, is to have about a dozen pair with them stashed everywhere you go in the house, shop and cars. I even have the Mrs. carry a pair in her purse. They are really cheap to buy a bunch at a time on Amazon.
I suppose this would work
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2024, 06:02 PM   #462
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiEd View Post
I'm far sighted, so putting glasses on is automatic - everything up close is blurry otherwise. But damn, I lose other stuff a lot. Including shit I just had in my hand five minutes ago.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2024, 06:08 PM   #463
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
I'm far sighted, so putting glasses on is automatic - everything up close is blurry otherwise. But damn, I lose other stuff a lot. Including shit I just had in my hand five minutes ago.
I've always had this. ADD, complete ass short term memory, long term use of copious amounts of alcohol and ativan. All great for short term memory.

I rely on doing the same things at the same times and putting the same things in the same places. Belts on the back of the bathroom door, work clothes hanging on bathroom door the night before, shoes by towel rack. Etc. If my wallet, keys, or glasses aren't in the place they belong in come morning it's usually a 30 minute derailment per item.
Anything unplanned happens in the morning to screw with my routine I'll end up going to work without a belt, my wallet, etc.
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 06:36 PM   #464
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I'm negotiating a deal with katipan where she'll carry me around on her back if I give her my house when I die. We have to work out some details, but I think it could be a win-win.
Don't ever park on the roof level of a parking ramp.
mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2024, 06:49 PM   #465
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeater View Post
I need my glasses so I can find my glasses.
Getting old SUCKS

I used to have eagle vision 20/10 sight, then caught the shingles on my head in 2011 and I suddenly need cheater glasses for almost everything
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.