Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2024, 03:13 PM  
Andy Reid Supporter

***2024 NFL Combine Thread***

Bout that time fellas. Post all things combine related
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2024, 09:33 AM   #451
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic View Post
I want a receiver, but the talent at the top of the draft makes the middle and bottom of the draft seem a lot better than it is. A rising tide lifts all boats.

There are only a few WRs that I feel like would be acceptable in the 2nd, and after the combine they will either be 1st round picks, or if they are 2nd round picks, they will be gone well before we pick.

Those were Worthy, Legette, McConkey. I was really high on Legette in the second, because SC lists him as 6'4" so it was very disappointing to see he wasn't even close, and with his size, return ability, and running a sub 4.4, he is a borderline first round pick.

Worthy. 4.21. He will probably be a 1st rounder now, but has no shot of getting to us in the second.

I wanted McConkey because I felt like he is the route runner that would compliment Rice, and he has championship experience, very reliable, etc. but again, that 40 time means we have no shot in the second.

So, now the better second round guys are probably gone before we pick, meaning to draft a WR in the second round is now, more than likely, really drafting a 3rd or 4th round receiver way too early because we just wanna get one before they are gone.

While I want a WR in the 1st round, and we we really need a WR, I am also thinking about the future. Kelce is playing next year. If we don't win the SB, there is a very good chance Kelce retires. Getting a player like Jefferson or Chase (That is what Brian Thomas Jr. is, but had Nabers on his team) and getting them acclimated to how to play for the Chiefs will lessen the loss of Kelce's production.

Maybe Coleman's terrible 40 will cause him to drop, and we snag him at 32, but I doubt it.
Teams that reach for wr in the first will have to reach for other positions of need in the second you can get great value at other spots at some point the wr value will swing back into our favor
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 03-03-2024, 09:56 AM   #452
Three-Pat

Quote:
GTFOH. Yes, I want good tackles, but the offense didn't really struggle last year, except for penalties, with tackle play, because Mahomes has some of the best pocket awareness we have ever seen.

This team absolutely struggled, and struggled hard at WR.

This is not a deep top end for tackles, but it sure as shit is top heavy with receivers.

I would much rather trade up for Brian Thomas Jr., or another receiver with big time production in college, against top competition, and pick up a stopgap veteran tackle, like Smith from last year, than I would draft a tackle and hope a second or third day receiver isn't the second coming of Skyy Moore.

Also, there really are some tackles in the later rounds. Creed was drafted in what, the 3rd round. I know there were questions about health, but Trey was like a 6th round pick, right?
KC’s offense struggled because of the play of the WRs no doubt. But the offense benefited because Smith had a good year. Now unless they resign him they need to address LT. The Christmas Day game against the Raiders where Morris was the LT was disturbing. If this WR class is as deep as they say then you can still get great value in Round 2. LT is not a position that you go bargain shopping for in the draft.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 03-03-2024, 10:09 AM   #453
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjosh View Post
Taking one of your “2nd round” guys at 32 isnt a reach when it is the last pick of the first round.

5 years of cost control on a potentially great receiver is way more valuable than waiting until the second just so you can use other assets to trade up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I meant to mention Mitchell. I liked him at 32, but now he will be fine too.

I am fine with getting a WR at 32, as long as it's one of my guys, or at least not a WTF pick.

I was responding to people who said no to a WR in the first because they think we need a tackle, and should wait until the 2nd for a receiver.

If we wait until pick 64, and take a WR, we will be overdrafting someone, probably by a lot, just so we can get a WR.

We currently have better tackles on the team than wide receivers. Even if Smith doesn't come back, our tackles are still better than our receivers.

We know we need a WR. Veach should identify who Mahomes wants, and just get them. This team just won the SB, and will still have Patrick Mahomes at QB. We can go a draft or two without some extra picks that we spent getting our QB the weapon he wants, even if the picks are 1st rounders.

Our 1st round pick from last year barely even made it onto the field. Would we really have missed him if we traded the pick away the previous year for a WR? No. And when he was on the field you could absolutely see why he wasn't getting playing time, regardless of who was in front of him on the depth chart.

Would you trade two first round picks for 5 years of Tyreek Hill? Not the Hill we drafted, the Tyreek Hill now. Would you trade 2 first round picks for 5 years of rookie salary prime Tyreek Hill?

That is a little much, but it illustrates my point, because I know everyone would trade two 1sts for 5 years of cheap Tyreek. I am not saying Brian Thomas Jr. is Tyreek, but I think he is Justin Jefferson. If Nabers had not been on the team, BTJ may have had 1800 yards receiving yards and 25 TDs, because even with Nabers, BTJ still had 68 catches for almost 1200 yards, and 17 TOUCHDOWNS.

I know not everyone has time to watch film or highlights, or games, but man, he is so damn good. He has amazing releases, and is almost always ****ing over the DB however he wants at about 5 yards past the LOS.

Rashee Rice made me a huge fan last year. He was almost perfect down the stretch. He was top 4 in yards after the catch in the NFL last year. I think Rice has so much potential.

Brian Thomas Jr. would be the best receiver on the team the day he signed his contract.
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 03-03-2024, 10:23 AM   #454
DeadPunisher

Sorry everyone. I just really want Mahomes and the Chiefs to go back to setting offensive records. Selfishly, I want Mahomes to set records so ridiculous that it will be decades before anyone comes close to them.

I want to go back to winning the 50 TD passes, 5000 yards passing, record setting offense way. To do that Mahomes needs weapons.
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 10:26 AM   #455
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

When thinking about realistic targets down where KC is picking…

Think I like Worthy, Coleman, and McConkey the most after yesterday. Soured on Franklin.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 10:28 AM   #456
Three-Pat

Quote:
Sorry everyone. I just really want Mahomes and the Chiefs to go back to setting offensive records. Selfishly, I want Mahomes to set records so ridiculous that it will be decades before anyone comes close to them.

I want to go back to winning the 50 TD passes, 5000 yards passing, record setting offense way. To do that Mahomes needs weapons.
To do that the defense has to suffer. 2022 they had a record setting offense and he didn’t throw for 50 TDs. Everyone knows KC needs WRs, but they also need to keep Mahomes upright.
Old 03-03-2024, 10:32 AM   #457
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post

Think I like Worthy, Coleman, and McConkey the most after yesterday. Soured on Franklin.
Worthy probably doesn’t get passed the raiders, raider things.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 10:51 AM   #458
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

I don’t hate moving up for Veach to go get “his guy” at WR, but that’s putting multiple eggs in one basket.

If that pick whiffs, it hurts bad. Those mid round picks that we might package are just so damn valuable with Veach. He seems to find a steal almost every year.

If we move up and grab a star receiver, everyone will be happy with it. No one will remember the trade. The pick has to hit though. Using multiple picks gives us more chances to find those mid-late steals.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2024, 10:57 AM   #459
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post

Agreed 100%. I just think Worthy is the absolute perfect compliment to Rashee Rice. This offense needs to get more explosive. Wont be upset with McConkey or Coleman either. Just get Mahomes three legit receiving threats moving forward.
ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 03-03-2024, 11:03 AM   #460
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan View Post
Agreed 100%. I just think Worthy is the absolute perfect compliment to Rashee Rice. This offense needs to get more explosive. Wont be upset with McConkey or Coleman either. Just get Mahomes three legit receiving threats moving forward.
Man, I bet Reid could do some really fun things with that speed and explosiveness
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2024, 11:13 AM   #461
Starter

I say sign a FA wr then you can do best pick available. If it’s a receiver you like draft him, if not it’s okay to wait until day 2.
Boxer_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boxer_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boxer_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boxer_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boxer_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boxer_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boxer_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boxer_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boxer_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boxer_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boxer_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 03-03-2024, 11:16 AM   #462
Andy Reid Supporter

Tackle is our biggest need bc I don’t think we have a reliable starter on the roster to pair with Taylor. God this draft class is perfect for us. Get a LT in the first and hopefully get a top 50 pick for Sneed and trade up for a WR early day 2

RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2024, 11:18 AM   #463
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Tackle is our biggest need bc I don’t think we have a reliable starter on the roster to pair with Taylor. God this draft class is perfect for us. Get a LT in the first and hopefully get a top 50 pick for Sneed and trade up for a WR early day 2

That’s where I am at, especially considering how deep this draft is at WR from what everyone keeps saying.
Old 03-03-2024, 11:18 AM   #464
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:
Love that they started tracking speed in the gauntlet to provide more clarity. In previous years people would not want Keon Coleman bc he ran a 4.6 but he was blazing in real football situations like this.

This is a much better way to evaluate a WR than watching them run in a straight line as fast as they can.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2024, 11:26 AM   #465
I'll be back.

Quote:

Elite talent at LT opens up the offense a lot more than an elite WR.

Look at what happened in 2021.

The more time Mahomes has the more dangerous he is. It's always been that way.

We're better off adding an elite talent at LT and a decent talent at WR. One in the 2-4 round and one in FA.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.