Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-10-2020, 06:46 PM   #46306
Supporter

All this extra refrigeration is gonna ruin the environment. . .
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-10-2020, 06:49 PM   #46307
Please squeeze

Highest cases and hospitalizations since this whole nightmare started. Only hope is to keep the deaths down as much as possible.

dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-10-2020, 06:59 PM   #46308
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
Highest cases and hospitalizations since this whole nightmare started. Only hope is to keep the deaths down as much as possible.

I know "deaths lag" - but they don't seem to be following the same pattern as before.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-10-2020, 07:04 PM   #46309
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
I know "deaths lag" - but they don't seem to be following the same pattern as before.
Presumably, better treatments will help to keep the death rate down better than in the spring. The question is just what happens if ICUs start filling up.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-10-2020, 08:08 PM   #46310
In Search of a Life

We’re accelerating fast towards the ultimate superspreader event, thanksgiving.

It’s gonna get bad
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-10-2020, 08:13 PM   #46311
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post

It’s gonna get bad
There were literally thousands and thousands of people in the streets at various time this last weekend celebrating the election. Now those people will go hang out with their families. Double whammy.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 08:18 PM   #46312
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I'm rolling up my sleeve now just in case an appointment opens up earlier.
Are you over 50? Did you get your shingles shot yet?
mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-10-2020, 08:43 PM   #46313
Please squeeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post

It’s gonna get bad
We aren’t going to be around any family for Thanksgiving this year. I have to admit I am looking forward to it. For the last 10+ years we always drive hours to go to different family Thanksgivings so it will be nice just to relax at home and watch some football and stuff my face.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-10-2020, 09:04 PM   #46314
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlyonsd View Post
Are you over 50? Did you get your shingles shot yet?
Yes and no. Can you get shingles if you've never had chicken pox?
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-10-2020, 09:07 PM   #46315
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonpenz View Post
Hot take. An NFL player dies
Mahomes or Brady?
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-10-2020, 09:09 PM   #46316
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Yes and no. Can you get shingles if you've never had chicken pox?
No. Just checking. A woman at work in her early 50's just went through a bout with it for months. I'm 60 and that made me go get the shots.

Just looking out for the king of CP.
mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-10-2020, 09:20 PM   #46317
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
No. Just checking. A woman at work in her early 50's just went through a bout with it for months. I'm 60 and that made me go get the shots.

What’s the risk of shingles? I know it’s really painful but not a lot of people get it do they? Is it a life long vaccine or a yearly thing?
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-10-2020, 09:29 PM   #46318
In Search of a Life

Quote:
We aren’t going to be around any family for Thanksgiving this year. I have to admit I am looking forward to it. For the last 10+ years we always drive hours to go to different family Thanksgivings so it will be nice just to relax at home and watch some football and stuff my face.
We usually have my family’s my wife’s moms and then her dads

Her dads family thanksgiving usually has around 60 people in one house. They got rocked with covid, her two great uncles passed and her grandma and two aunts were all hospitalized with it so they’ve cancelled this year

My grqndma usually has ours at her house and we have about 50. They’re wanting to still have decided we’ll just delay and have it later in the spring or something

We’re gonna have my father in law and his wife and my wife’s brother and girlfriend over to our house and have a small one here. They’ve all already had it so we figure they’re the best people to be around
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 09:46 PM   #46319
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
You could probably get in on a trial now. They are looking for volunteers here in KC right now so I bet Denver has this option.

I was looking into it today but they were wanting people who aren’t working from home.
I've actually halfway pondered that. I'd get vaccinated and I'd get paid. I don't know if I want to be completely at the front of the line, though. That's what college students are for.

I haven't thought about this yet, but let's say that a highly effective vaccine rolls in our direction. If it takes three or four months to get everyone vaccinated, do we not open up society fully until everyone's vaccinated? Do we start opening up when half are vaccinated? It seems like you have to wait until the whole process is finished (excepting some laggards on the tail end).
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-10-2020, 09:50 PM   #46320
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:

My mother has had it a couple of times and says that it's no fun at all.

Now I'm looking. Apparently I can't catch shingles, but someone who has shingles could give me chicken pox. But if I've had a chicken pox vaccine, then I can't get chicken pox which then seems to mean that I can't get shingles.

It sounds like the key to this whole thing is to protect oneself from chicken pox.

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/c...ad-chickenpox/