Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-24-2017, 02:23 PM  
oxymoron

Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8

About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link

Last edited by keg in kc; 06-21-2017 at 10:48 AM..
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2019, 09:34 PM   #4531
The man you could post like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
I watch EP and writer explaining why they are doing what they're doing on Inside the Episode. I have HBO GO too where you get that after each episode. But they are also on You Tube. They don't sound illogical after you hear their reasoning.

I don't see Dany's turn as illogical in terms of her background. Her brother was cruel, her dad went mad. It's in her and the events of feeling betrayed, distrusted, advisors turning on her and unloved by those people is logical from that pov, if not from a person with out that streak in her family. She looked defeated emotionally when Tyrion told her about the betrayal by Varys.
Only problem is that everything leading up to Daenerys going full batshit was incredibly dumb and forced by the plot.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2019, 09:35 PM   #4532
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Seems like Tywin and Robert were right about her all along.
Yeah Ned Stark can shut the **** up about her.
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 09:37 PM   #4533
I'll be back.

Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2019, 09:38 PM   #4534
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superturtle View Post
Only problem is that everything leading up to Daenerys going full batshit was incredibly dumb and forced by the plot.
The sad thing is all the feminazis are going to be pissed off about this, and now I have to agree with them.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 09:40 PM   #4535
Please squeeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlyonsd View Post
Well her and Jamie only have one episode left. Hard to see them doing anything if they were still alive but **** over the top of a dead body. Not much time to do anything else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
That scene reminded me of how disappointed I was the first time I saw Empire Strikes Back as a kid.

Wait.... Vader is Luke's father? What the hell? How is that possible? Is he lying? Luke believes him, though. Is Luke just gullible and stupid? This sucks!

Maybe they will have Cersi survive and Dany and her face off in a fight to the death where they kill each other. Perfect ending.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2019, 09:40 PM   #4536
I'll be back.

this was just like the red wedding but instead of being mad at the lannisters i ****ing hate Benioff and Weiss
Old 05-12-2019, 09:40 PM   #4537
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief View Post
Except the subversion was logical. Joffery was a sociopath that Cersi couldn't really control so he threw Varys deal and Littlefinger plans into a full scale war by executing Ned instead of having him take the black.
Maybe this is what subversion looks like when you've got writers that don't hold a candle to the original author trying to pack the finale season of the best series I've ever watched into 6 episodes.

I'm actually ok with it. If season 8 ended like season 1 I'd feel cheated not getting more.
mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2019, 09:42 PM   #4538

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
Maybe they will have Cersi survive and Dany and her face off in a fight to the death where they kill each other. Perfect ending.
Can Arya just kill them both? At least then she won't end the story running away like a little bitch.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2019, 09:42 PM   #4539
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna View Post
Dany isn't even remotely near Mad King territory. This is just some word they took from the books and had no clue WTF it meant. Aerys was mad because during times of peace he was burning innocents alive in his Keep for made up reasons. This is war, people die. Travesties occur on both sides. Aegon won with Fire and Blood. Eventually everyone forgot about it and there was relative peace. Cersei is evil and needs to be stopped by any means necessary. All of those who support her even after under threat of death are also evil by proxy. She has lost something important in Westeros time after time after time and gained nothing. Her grief and anger are completely understandable.

Even after all that she has directed it all towards Cersei. When did she go burn surrounding territories for no reason? When did she burn innocents in her conquests at all? She burned soldiers whose lives are forfeit anyway. Her "descent" into madness was forced and stupid. If Aerys had a single dragon he would have burned all of Westeros because he was mad. Dany wanted to burn one freaking stronghold, the Red Keep, not King's Landing itself. And these "advisors" start to freak out over nothing. I'm surprised Varys was acting like such a spaz when he was there for all of Aerys' atrocities and likened it to Dany. Aerys had his whole family alive and well. He had allies everywhere and he sat the Iron Throne and used it to host live BBQs daily. This is poor, poor writing. Star Wars is doomed if it's in the hands of these losers.

This asinine thought that Dany is anywhere near mad is a travesty. Anyway, I'm done.
You were saying?
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2019, 09:45 PM   #4540
I'll be back.

Old 05-12-2019, 09:45 PM   #4541
MVP

I actually don’t dislike the arc of the story. My biggest gripe is the pacing. The army of the dead should have been more of a threat and should have lasted over multiple battles. And Dany’s fall into madness should have been slower.
kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 05-12-2019, 09:46 PM   #4542
I'll be back.

Also, what's the ****ing point of Bran's character now. WHAT POINT DOES HIS CHARACTER HAVE? WHY WAS HE EVER AROUND.

Bran's whole "point" to being now is that he's reduced to a goddamn fishing lure.
Old 05-12-2019, 09:47 PM   #4543

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
You were saying?
What is he wrong about? Daenerys went from 0 to 100 because Jon told people what his real name was and ringing bells. ****ing stupid and forced.
Old 05-12-2019, 09:48 PM   #4544
MVP

The writing simply makes no sense and characters act like complete idiots to serve the story.

Why did the northmen not retreat when Jon told them to if they held him in such high regard? Because the story needs that to happen I guess?
GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-12-2019, 09:48 PM   #4545
World's Best Boss

Seasons 7 & 8 needed to be full length. Great writing could have nailed this in two seasons after Season 6.

If only GOT could have poached Breaking Bad’s writing staff once it ended...

Sigh.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.