Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 10-12-2020, 10:36 PM   #45361
Indian Twitter

My wife had quit drinking and then the virus and lockdowns occurred and she's back to drinking everyday. I had really cut way back on my drinking but with this BS I was back to drinking at least every other day. Since I got the bat flu I haven't had a drink which is at least a small positive from an awful situation. It's a screwed up situation.
philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 10-12-2020, 11:25 PM   #45362
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
Is that the best you can find? NYC had field portable field morgues last winter. They have a reason to be concerned.

If it makes you feel better this is mostly a certain sect of Orthodox Jews in Brooklyn (and some in Westchester) who refuse to follow any guidelines whatsoever.

I never get an answer on the "what can't you do?" question - just continual complaining about "lockdown" and parroting mental health talking points (which are 100% politically motivated). Nothing has been really locked down for a long time now.
Yea. There are some things some places that are locked down which are no doubt hurting businesses. Businesses in university towns that have gone online are hurting.

But a lot of things have been driven by consumer choice.

Airlines aren't locked down but they are looking likely to declare bankruptcy.

Since the virus hit, I've not taken two trips I would have otherwise taken.

I'm working from home. I never eat lunch out anymore. Still eat out for diner but probably less. And its not because those places are legally locked down.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 10-13-2020, 06:21 AM   #45363
Cheat Death

That's a good point. I'll add that all the different phases we've moved into, then had to scale back, then moved back into creates a confusion to actually know what we can and can't do or where we can go and can't go to the point we don't even bother much.

Same with other locations. We've been taking day trips to various state parks for outdoor activities and its really hard to keep track of what's available in other towns so we typically bypass their local businesses. Its kind of up to a business to have their website updated with their rules/regs, which they should be doing already, but its an extra step for consumers to seek out and people like me aren't bothering.

One thing here in Chicago that's been impactful is they're anticipating 90% of local music venues will be permanently closed due to covid restrictions. You have hope things like that will come back, but its something that goes directly towards current state mental health. Things people do to add balance to their lives and relieve stress. I have zero doubt the protest tensions we've seen here this summer would've been much less had the normal summer concert, festivals and other arts gone off as normal, but I totally understand why those things couldn't happen. People live for summer in cold weather cities so there was no relief from seasonal depression in a lot of places. I know we're to the point of if we can't enjoy the amenities of the city, and we're both working from home, then whats the point of living here.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-13-2020, 06:26 AM   #45364
The Beast Inside Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
I’ve got clients of varying degrees of success and age and gender. There is no surprise to me on any of them on their views towards masks. It is not political for any of them that don’t want to wear masks. It’s more personal and a reflection of their personalities.

In general the behavioral and cognitive tendencies of the ones who don’t like the masks which existed previous to masks are that they don’t have feelings of control in most aspects of life which cause them dysfunction in many ways. They also generally view outside forces as acting against them personally as part of defending themselves from their own shortcomings.

But like most people, they want to feel in control of their lives but often find it difficult to do or see as an option. But with the masks that is something they can easily feel they are controlling within their daily lives by not doing what, in their minds, the outside forces are trying to do to them personally. So for my particular group it’s not about ignoring what’s good for others or being selfish, for them it’s about grasping something that they can finally use to take away others attempts at controlling them. Obviously this isn’t the case for everyone but I do believe this thought process of not wanting others to exert control and taking those attempts as personal occurs in a lot of people.
I assume you also take the view point that the pro mask crowd have a need to have some sort of control over a situation that really isn't controllable and control over what others do as well. That's my take on it.
BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-13-2020, 08:17 AM   #45365
Forever Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy View Post
I assume you also take the view point that the pro mask crowd have a need to have some sort of control over a situation that really isn't controllable and control over what others do as well. That's my take on it.

Perhaps but I think that what happens psychologically does not always challenge as much of a person’s personality. On a personal level, leaving out impact on others, if people are supposed to wear masks then following along with it without complaint seems more about just following another rule and actually doesn’t require much thought or create emotional reactions.

Now for those with high anxiety tendencies who fear the virus more than they are impacted by the thought processes in my previous post about not wanting to be controlled by others, they certainly seem to have a more emotional relationship with masks as in they want to feel in control of the virus and the masks help them feel that. It makes them feel better by reducing some anxiety as it provides that sense of doing something to control the virus. They certainly can seem to be the ones who would take that next step of unloading their emotions about masks and the virus on others in attempts to control them. If masks were a recommendation but not actually required and no signs posted at stores or things like that this group would certainly wear masks.

I think most people fall in the category described in my first paragraph of just going along with the rules in place. But when or if they are in places masks were a recommendation but not actually required and no signs posted at stores or things like that and the choice becomes theirs then they do have to make their own decisions which will have them lean towards one of these opposite sides of wear or not wear masks based on a combination of personality characteristics and thought processes.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 10-13-2020, 08:58 AM   #45366
"Think BOOM!"

Sounds reasonable, with a pretty heavy caveat:

The World Health Organization’s special envoy on COVID-19 Dr. David Nabarro in an interview stated lockdowns are not helpful as the primary means to control COVID-19. He advocated a middle path which means holding the virus at bay whilst keeping economy and social life going. It would require "high level of organisation by governments and remarkable degree of engagement of people" with robust infectious disease control services or public health. He emphasised on combining of several measures such as "physical distancing , face protection, hygiene, isolating the ill and protecting the vulnerable" as an effective method.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-13-2020, 10:04 AM   #45367
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
Sounds reasonable, with a pretty heavy caveat:

The World Health Organization’s special envoy on COVID-19 Dr. David Nabarro in an interview stated lockdowns are not helpful as the primary means to control COVID-19. He advocated a middle path which means holding the virus at bay whilst keeping economy and social life going. It would require "high level of organisation by governments and remarkable degree of engagement of people" with robust infectious disease control services or public health. He emphasised on combining of several measures such as "physical distancing , face protection, hygiene, isolating the ill and protecting the vulnerable" as an effective method.
SOunds sensible, but the government would bungle it
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-13-2020, 10:11 AM   #45368
Ain't no relax!

'Pro mask crowd"
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-13-2020, 10:16 AM   #45369
The Beast Inside Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
'Pro mask crowd"
I was being PC. Normally they are referenced as the Mask Mafia or being a Carol Maskins.
BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-13-2020, 12:17 PM   #45370
In Search of a Life

There's been a few stories making the rounds about people getting sick twice and getting sicker the second time - which is the threshold for immunity wearing off. Here's some good info on reinfection and why a few anecdotal cases probably isn't a big deal. But if immunity is really a year or so - a lot of people could become vulnerable again early next year.

Pete, BigCatDaddy, the rest of the anti-mask brigade - take note. This is what being balanced and actually caring about the truth looks like. I'm not just posting gloom and doom. I'm trying to ascertain what's really happening. You guys just spew covid-denier/minimizer talking points 24/7. You're debating, not trying to arrive at any kind of understanding. And I'm sure you believe the same about me. But you're wrong.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-13-2020, 03:30 PM   #45371
In Search of a Life

Yeah, it's acting like every other respiratory virus does for the most part. Not surprising.

Hospitalizations are going back up after cases did. Not good. Not gonna be a good fall/winter.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-13-2020, 08:00 PM   #45372
In Search of a Life

Hospitals are pretty much full here now. They’re transferring covid patients out because they don’t have beds
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-13-2020, 08:38 PM   #45373
Time Keeps On Slipping

I saw an article that both KS and MO are now experiencing uncontrolled spread.

Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 10-13-2020, 09:13 PM   #45374
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pants View Post

Things I'd say to the author of that article

1. Welcome to the last 2 months or so
2. See point 1
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-13-2020, 09:44 PM   #45375
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pants View Post

7 day average of Covid cases on the KS side of the KC area are at the lowest they have been since then end of June.

The MO side however is seeing a surge.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.