Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 10-09-2020, 02:07 PM   #45271
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitownchiefsfan View Post
Do you know what the numbers like this look like for in Illinois? I know Chicago and suburbs are really big on social distancing and masks. I live in the burbs now and its been ages since I've seen someone in store wo a mask.
That's sort of where I was leading. I can't go anywhere anymore without seeing people wearing a mask, even in their ****ing cars. So when someone just says "this proves masks work" I have to call a degree of BS. More people are wearing masks in this country than ever before and cases are not going down, or really going up a lot either but I think you get the point.

I think there is an over-reliance on masks if you get my meaning. They are nota silver bullet and it could probably be argued that increased mask wearing hasn't necessarily reduced cases but I don't know that you can ever obtain that kind of data.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-09-2020, 02:13 PM   #45272
Please squeeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
That's sort of where I was leading. I can't go anywhere anymore without seeing people wearing a mask, even in their ****ing cars. So when someone just says "this proves masks work" I have to call a degree of BS. More people are wearing masks in this country than ever before and cases are not going down, or really going up a lot either but I think you get the point.

I think there is an over-reliance on masks if you get my meaning. They are nota silver bullet and it could probably be argued that increased mask wearing hasn't necessarily reduced cases but I don't know that you can ever obtain that kind of data.
Here in Clinton, less and less people are wearing masks and we are getting multiple cases a day for such a small area. We even had a bunch reported yesterday from school infections.

When I go up to KC I actually feel alot more safe because most people are wearing them.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-09-2020, 02:20 PM   #45273
"Think BOOM!"

We don't really have guess about the efficacy of masks when we have things like this:

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6928e2.htm
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-09-2020, 02:24 PM   #45274
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
Here in Clinton, less and less people are wearing masks and we are getting multiple cases a day for such a small area. We even had a bunch reported yesterday from school infections.

When I go up to KC I actually feel alot more safe because most people are wearing them.
If your point is not wearing masks leads to bad things I would agree. But my point was when someone posts a stat that X is better than Y you can't just cast a blanket statement that masks are the reason. They could be, they could be part and they could not be in some cases.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-09-2020, 02:26 PM   #45275
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
We don't really have guess about the efficacy of masks when we have things like this:

Thanks but that has nothing to do with what the discussion is.....
Old 10-09-2020, 02:26 PM   #45276
Please squeeze

Quote:

yeah you would think that like SD, using masks would be common sense at this point.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 02:28 PM   #45277
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Thanks but that has nothing to do with what the discussion is.....
So when someone just says "this proves masks work" I have to call a degree of BS

That study proves masks work. That's all.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-09-2020, 02:29 PM   #45278
Supporter

Quote:
yeah you would think that like SD, using masks would be common sense at this point.
Question is how do you know in the case of CA vs. Texas it was strictly because of masks?

How do you know a lot of the people who died in Tx didn't wear masks? I mean is it possible people wore masks and still got Covid and died?
Old 10-09-2020, 02:30 PM   #45279
Supporter

Quote:
So when someone just says "this proves masks work" I have to call a degree of BS

That study proves masks work. That's all.
You're assuming one side wore masks and the other didn't without any evidence. That's my point and you know it. Now go away.
Old 10-09-2020, 02:32 PM   #45280
Supporter

And if masks are to prevent getting it then how does less cases but more deaths = people weren't wearing masks?

That would clearly imply that wearing a mask doesn't prevent you from getting it but prevents you from dying which is silly.
Old 10-09-2020, 02:37 PM   #45281
Please squeeze

Quote:
If your point is not wearing masks leads to bad things I would agree. But my point was when someone posts a stat that X is better than Y you can't just cast a blanket statement that masks are the reason. They could be, they could be part and they could not be in some cases.
I would agree they aren't the sole reason; you still need to SD, wash your hands, and stay away from indoor places like restaurants and bars while still wearing your mask.

I just get pissed when you go somewhere and people aren't wearing masks and they are coughing and hacking everywhere. It is like..jfc are you that ****ing stupid.
Old 10-09-2020, 02:39 PM   #45282
Supporter

Quote:
I would agree they aren't the sole reason; you still need to SD, wash your hands, and stay away from indoor places like restaurants and bars while still wearing your mask.

I just get pissed when you go somewhere and people aren't wearing masks and they are coughing and hacking everywhere. It is like..jfc are you that ****ing stupid.
That must be a Clinton thing because I rarely see anyone without a mask unless it is outdoors.
Old 10-09-2020, 02:40 PM   #45283
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
You're assuming one side wore masks and the other didn't without any evidence. That's my point and you know it. Now go away.
No, I'm not, because I've read the study. I don't need to assume:

Among 139 clients exposed to two symptomatic hair stylists with confirmed COVID-19 while both the stylists and the clients wore face masks
Old 10-09-2020, 02:42 PM   #45284
Supporter

Quote:
No, I'm not, because I've read the study. I don't need to assume:

Among 139 clients exposed to two symptomatic hair stylists with confirmed COVID-19 while both the stylists and the clients wore face masks
..well that settles it...no one in TX is wearing masks so while they have less cases than CA where everyone wears a mask and shouldn't get it at all....they have more deaths.

You convinced me.
Old 10-09-2020, 02:42 PM   #45285
Time Keeps On Slipping

Quote:
And if masks are to prevent getting it then how does less cases but more deaths = people weren't wearing masks?

That would clearly imply that wearing a mask doesn't prevent you from getting it but prevents you from dying which is silly.
I know you have a very clear agenda when it comes to masks so maybe that's reason you just posted this.

There have been numerous discussions about the potential of masks decreasing the initial viral load the wearer receives leading to milder outcomes.
Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.