Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-21-2023, 02:16 AM  
For The Glory Of The City

Old Movie Recommendations

I have always been more of a music guy than a movie guy I feel like I have a good understanding of music from many different eras and can see the evolution of music to the stuff we enjoy (or for some don't enjoy lol) today.

I don't have that same base of understanding with movies.

I would love some recs from the Chiefs Planet brain trust of old movies I should watch I am going to spend time this fall and especially winter when things slow down and get a lot of movies in.

I signed up for the Criterion streaming service and there is a lot to dive into there. Generally I am drawn to stuff from the 40's 50's and 60's and enjoy noir stylized stuff but totally open minded.

First one I am watching is 1949's Obsession a British crime drama that has been fun so far.

Interested to see what people think are still worth watching today! Thanks in advance.

|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 11:06 PM   #31
Woman should only make babies

since you dabled in F1....Grand Prix with james gardner is fun. The 1969 f1 season is probably the most famous season
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-04-2023, 04:39 PM   #32
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by |Zach| View Post
Lots of good options here thanks folks.
Are you gonna post your "siskel and ebert" thoughts after you watch these movies?
alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-04-2023, 04:50 PM   #33
Suupraa Geniuuusss

You guys nailed most of the ones I like.

Bridge on the River Kwai

Seven Year itch

The King and I

Rebel Without a Cause (probably already mentioned but great flick)

North by Northwest

Psycho

TGTBATU

Dr. Strangelove

The Wild Bunch

Night of the Living Dead

Yohimbo

Manchurian Candidate

Midnight Cowboy

The Hustler
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-04-2023, 04:58 PM   #34
Blah Blah Blah

Already saw Great Escape (one of my all time favorites) and Sergeant York on here, I'd add Guns of Naverone to the list.

For epics go with Ben Hur and Gone With the Wind

Comedy - Bringing Up Baby, His Girl Friday, Arsenic and Old Lace, Harvey, We're No Angels, Philadelphia Story

Hitchcock - North by Northwest, Rear Window, basically anything with Jimmy Stewart or Cary Grant in the lead

Others - Pride of the Yankees, Casablanca, African Queen, Best Years of Our Lives, 12 Angry Men
kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 04:50 AM   #35
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
You guys nailed most of the ones I like.

Bridge on the River Kwai

Seven Year itch

The King and I

Rebel Without a Cause (probably already mentioned but great flick)

North by Northwest

Psycho

TGTBATU

Dr. Strangelove

The Wild Bunch

Night of the Living Dead

Yohimbo

Manchurian Candidate

Midnight Cowboy

The Hustler
If yer' a Paul Newman fan Hud and Cool Hand Luke are must watches. Now that I type this I might watch them again this weekend since we're not playing.
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-13-2023, 08:56 AM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
If yer' a Paul Newman fan Hud and Cool Hand Luke are must watches. Now that I type this I might watch them again this weekend since we're not playing.
And The Hustler, of course. The Sting too, although that may not be old enough.
AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 07:35 PM   #37
pie is never free

Just finished American Underdog, the Kurt Warner movie from 2021

Wow, absolutely could NOT be more impressed... cast, chemistry, dialogue, revolutionary football scene camera work, an emotionally intense and believable love story

I recall the trailers looking baaad, like made for tv quality and so I had no interest, but randomly chose it off on demand tonight

Zachary Levi brought forth an incredibly authentic everyman, dude is superb. This guy is capable of so much more than Shazam, some of his deep emotional scenes with Paquin reeeally hit home

Kurt Warner was apparently on the balls of his ass, just rock bottom barely getting by with Brenda and his newly adopted kids... this movie does such a great job of showing just what a struggle it was for him

Anna Paquin is excellent as well, she displays real nuance... but isn't even as pretty as the real Brenda Warner

Quaid as Vermeil was AT LEAST 8 of 10, very good

And all of the other unknown cast were shockingly solid as well, this was just genuine under the radar GEM

The football scenes were legit, the best I've ever seen in a football movie
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-10-2023, 07:51 PM   #38
pie is never free

Oh and I also totally forgot that his very first game as a Ram was against that dreaded and PRIME Ravens defense... and he actually won, just wow
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.