Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 12-18-2022, 03:28 PM  
MVP

A Levelheaded Review Wk15

1. The Texans are not as bad as their record would indicate. They pushed a very good Cowboys team in Week 14 to a very close game. Keep that in mind.

2. Isaiah Pacheco, love how hard he runs, needs to get better at pass protection he completely whiffed on that LB stunt blitz on Patrick's 1st sack of the game. His fumble while perplexing is not all that concerning as it's his 4th fumble in 14 games. His last fumble was against JAX and prior to that against the Colts. Rookie mistakes. I'd like to see him more involved in the pass game.

3. Speaking of turnovers they are killing us. The JJSS fumble was just lucky. But we have to do better at holding on to the ball. We gave the Texans short fields to work with on the Pacheco and JJSS fumble that both resulted in Touchdowns. Seems like at least 2 turnovers (fumbles or Int's) in the last 3-4 games.

4. Patrick running the ball is just magic. He knows exactly when to take off and how to hold defenders to keep his running lanes open.

5. Playing to not lose the game, the last 3-4 plays we ran felt like we were playing to not lose instead of get yards to make the FG closer for Butker. Gotta give the the RB's a chance to gain forward yardage.

6. How lucky have we been on coin tosses? Either to start the game or in OT. Seems like we are almost always kicking off and taking the 2nd half kickoff or taking the kickoff in OT. I wonder if that is tracked somewhere?

7.I have said it many times, Toney and Hardman make this offense different. When Toney was in the game they had to account for him. Can't wait for them to both be back on the field. Without them our offense is Kelce, Juju, McKinnon, Pacheco (repeat). Ocassionally Gray, Watson or MVS chip in but you can pretty well bet where the ball is going every play. We need them back badly. Skyy has almost completely disappeared.

8. Willie Gay with the timely turnovers gets the game ball. Last week it was a "pick 6" this week was recovering the OT fumble. Kudos to Frank Clark on generating that turnover.

9. McKinnon in the right place at the right time seems like every week. Great vision on the OT run to end the game.

10. Butker just seems off this year. I'm not sure if it's the ankle or the confidence but he just seems to make terrible kicks at times. I didn't see anything wrong with the snap on either the XP or FG. The XP kick was super ugly.

Extra Point. Penalties, Extremely Ticky Tacky penalty calling against the Chiefs (See Sneed PI in the 4th Q and the Gay defensive holding). Hate to bring this up but I felt like they were being exceptionally picky against the Chiefs.
DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-18-2022, 06:43 PM   #31
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
I really think it is a crazy stat that the Chiefs are the best team on 3rd downs in general but one of the worst teams on 3rd and short.
They need to leave Pacheco in there on third and short. He can pick up one or two yards when the defense is expecting run. Mckinnon should be in the game on third and long for pass protection, but not automatically be out there on third and short.
treeguy27 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouttreeguy27 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouttreeguy27 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouttreeguy27 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouttreeguy27 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouttreeguy27 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouttreeguy27 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouttreeguy27 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouttreeguy27 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouttreeguy27 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouttreeguy27 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 06:45 PM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post
Memo to Andy… when you are deciding between relying on your MVP QB who finished the game with 20 straight completions and a now unreliable kicker… there is actually no decision to be made.
Andy needs to show more faith in Mahomes for that situation. If Patrick was struggling with accuracy during the game, I could understand playing it safe to attempt a 50+ yard FG. But Mahomes was pretty dang hot in this game with 88% completion percentage. Thankfully Andy’s choice did not cost them the game.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 12-18-2022, 06:46 PM   #33
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by treeguy27 View Post
They need to leave Pacheco in there on third and short. He can pick up one or two yards when the defense is expecting run. Mckinnon should be in the game on third and long for pass protection, but not automatically be out there on third and short.
Even if they throw the swing pass to Pacheco...I'm not sure why he isn't more involved in the passing game....maybe he struggles with the passing routes like he does with pass pro
DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-18-2022, 06:57 PM   #34
MVP

MVS deserves more love. Patrick missed him when he had 2 steps on his man early in the game too, or he might have had another TD and a lot more yardage. He makes a big play or two for us every week on not that many targets. He's giving the Chiefs good ROI on the money they're paying him.
JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-18-2022, 07:06 PM   #35
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks View Post
MVS deserves more love. Patrick missed him when he had 2 steps on his man early in the game too, or he might have had another TD and a lot more yardage. He makes a big play or two for us every week on not that many targets. He's giving the Chiefs good ROI on the money they're paying him.
I don’t have many complaints about MVS. “All he does is catch TDs” or more accurately critical passes. He always makes a big catch or two. While I wish he was more “active” in the passing game I’ll take his production if it means they help us win.
Old 12-18-2022, 07:15 PM   #36
Devil's Advocate

We should only be punting on 4th down and 5 or more, depending on the situation. Andy Reid would punt on 3rd down if he could without backlash.
bsroyals54 has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 07:18 PM   #37
Cheat Death

Can’t do fumbles per game for Pacheco, have to get to the per carries/touches grain.

I don’t know what that is but just some feedback for future analysis.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-18-2022, 07:33 PM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
Can’t do fumbles per game for Pacheco, have to get to the per carries/touches grain.

I don’t know what that is but just some feedback for future analysis.
Fair enough.

139 rushing attempts 2 lost fumbles which works out to ~70 carries between each lost fumble.
Old 12-18-2022, 07:40 PM   #39
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverChief View Post
Fair enough.

139 rushing attempts 2 lost fumbles which works out to ~70 carries between each lost fumble.
Hopefully I didn’t come across as a dick with that post as I enjoy these post game takes.

That said, is that this season? And I’d probably break out total fumbles and lost fumbles as recovery is likely a matter of luck.

Also within the context of this game, he seemed to take more contact than deliver, which is likely something he’ll learn. Same with a noisy running style and the likelihood of getting stripped.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-18-2022, 07:43 PM   #40
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
You need to play flawless football in the playoffs or you will most likely lose. That means no TOs, little to no penalties, stopping teams on 3rd and long, getting pressure on thr QB and most important no missed PATs or FGs.

We need to fix ALL of those areas. Very messy heading into the playoffs.
Oh I don't know that anybody has a flawless game.

Every team in the salary cap era has flaws and has injuries.

You need as much talent as possible at all levels of the organization.

You need a lot of hard work and focus.

And you need some lucky breaks. Whether it is staying relatively healthy or maybe getting a lucky bounce of the football here or there.

The more of the above three you have the better your odds, but there are no guarantees. There is too much parity and too much any given Sunday when it a one and done playoff format.

And of course an elite QB to carry a team and run the two minute drill.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 07:44 PM   #41
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
Hopefully I didn’t come across as a dick with that post as I enjoy these post game takes.

That said, is that this season? And I’d probably break out total fumbles and lost fumbles as recovery is likely a matter of luck.

Also within the context of this game, he seemed to take more contact than deliver, which is likely something he’ll learn. Same with a noisy running style and the likelihood of getting stripped.
Nah not at all, I agree I should have used some better figures.

its ~35 carrels per fumble if you include all fumbles. He didn't really carry the ball much to start the season. Had a few games of 1,2,3 rushes the whole game. It wasn't until week 10 he started to really carry the rock 10-15 game.
Old 12-18-2022, 07:46 PM   #42
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Were all Pacheco's fumbles on a run? i thought one of them was during a return?
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-18-2022, 07:47 PM   #43
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan View Post
Oh I don't know that anybody has a flawless game.

Every team in the salary cap era has flaws and has injuries.

You need as much talent as possible at all levels of the organization.

You need a lot of hard work and focus.

And you need some lucky breaks. Whether it is staying relatively healthy or maybe getting a lucky bounce of the football here or there.

The more of the above three you have the better your odds, but there are no guarantees. There is too much parity and too much any given Sunday when it a one and done playoff format.

And of course an elite QB to carry a team and run the two minute drill.

100%
Old 12-18-2022, 07:49 PM   #44
I've Made a Huge Mistake

Yeah some of the biggest concerns for this team come playoff time are
-turnover differential
-red zone defense
-3rd and short

Mahomes can overcome a lot but if we can't clean up at least 2 of those 3 things it's going to be a brutal path we are hoping for them to navigate.
NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 12-18-2022, 07:50 PM   #45
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan View Post
The Good:

Mahomes, McKinnon, Kelce

The Bad:

Fumbling, Defense, Penalties (some Cheffers bullshit in there but still),

The ugly-

Andy and EB's game management, Harrison Butker
Another bad is special teams as a whole. They are as bad this year as I have ever seen them.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
DTHOF has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DTHOF has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DTHOF has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DTHOF has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DTHOF has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DTHOF has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DTHOF has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DTHOF has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DTHOF has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DTHOF has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DTHOF has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.