Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-20-2022, 07:08 AM  
Veteran

Worst Case 1st Round

Whats the worst case result that the Chiefs could realistically actually do in the first round, in your opinion, and how would you feel about it if it happened? You can include trades.

I think my worst case that I can see the Chiefs actually doing is:

29. Skyy Moore
30. Travis Jones

How would I feel about this?

Actually pretty fine. It would just feel a bit underwhelming.
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-20-2022, 09:55 AM   #31
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
I just....man, I could well be wrong, but I don't see this HUGE difference in the top couple of tiers of talent in this draft.

Even the TOP TIER Edges have questions. Thibodeaux might slide?

Look if anyone's even TALKING about that, it's an indication that there are questions about all but maybe like...the top 5 prospects total.

Jameson Williams in the top 15? He probably won't play but maybe the last 3rd of the season. What the hell?

NO QB's worth a first round pick?

I think this is a DEEP draft, but I don't see a huge separation between the supposed TOP GUYS and the second tier guys. All have questions, all require a certain amount of projection. the truly freak athletes are RAW, and the seasoned, ready to go guys all appear to have a ceiling.

I'd prefer to not move up AT ALL, for any of these guys, but if we MUST then I'd prefer it be a small jump just because Veach and Reid love a particular guy, like a Burks or maybe Karlaftis falls or something. But honestly, I don't see a massive difference in Karlaftis and Cam Thomas to be brutally ****ing honest. They're kind of the same guy.

I see a draft where a lot of guys came back another year to try to break that first round barrier after a covid wash season-and most of them don't do it.

Hell, if we're trading around, let's just trade all of those first 8 picks and bunch 'em all up in the 2nd round. That's where all the talent is, in my opinion.

I see a really blended mix of athletic talent/experience and higher floor guys that are all probably 2nd rounders.
Well said.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 10:29 AM   #32
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I just....man, I could well be wrong, but I don't see this HUGE difference in the top couple of tiers of talent in this draft.

Look if anyone's even TALKING about that, it's an indication that there are questions about all but maybe like...the top 5 prospects total.

Jameson Williams in the top 15? He probably won't play but maybe the last 3rd of the season. What the hell?

I think this is a DEEP draft, but I don't see a huge separation between the supposed TOP GUYS and the second tier guys. All have questions, all require a certain amount of projection. the truly freak athletes are RAW, and the seasoned, ready to go guys all appear to have a ceiling.

I'd prefer to not move up AT ALL, for any of these guys, but if we MUST then I'd prefer it be a small jump just because Veach and Reid love a particular guy, like a Burks or maybe Karlaftis falls or something. But honestly, I don't see a massive difference in Karlaftis and Cam Thomas to be brutally ****ing honest. They're kind of the same guy.

I see a draft where a lot of guys came back another year to try to break that first round barrier after a covid wash season-and most of them don't do it.

Hell, if we're trading around, let's just trade all of those first 8 picks and bunch 'em all up in the 2nd round. That's where all the talent is, in my opinion.

I see a really blended mix of athletic talent/experience and higher floor guys that are all probably 2nd rounders.
So if that's the case, woudln't it be preferential to trade one of the f.....

nevermind.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2022, 10:31 AM   #33
In Search of a Life

All this talk about them trading up etc.

I think they're eyeing a DE. They've done jack there this offseason.

Say Thibideaux gets to 9. Would you trade both 1's to go up and get him? Would that do it?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2022, 10:40 AM   #34
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post

Say Thibideaux gets to 9. Would you trade both 1's to go up and get him? Would that do it?
There aren’t many scenarios where I’d want to trade both 1st rounders to move up.

Thibodeaux is absolutely one of the scenarios where I would.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2022, 10:41 AM   #35
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
There aren’t many scenarios where I’d want to trade both 1st rounders to move up.

Thibodeaux is absolutely one of the scenarios where I would.
That’s kind of my thought as well.
Old 04-20-2022, 10:42 AM   #36
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:

That's why I like that Atlanta slot so much. If we can take 1st and 4th rounders and turn them into a couple of 2nd/early 3rd rounders, I think I'm probably okay with that.

My 'go nuts' mock drafts where with every pick I tried to get something between like 40 and 70 yielded some really interesting results and an INSANE amount of roster depth that really wasn't obviously worse in terms of the prospect ceilings than anyone else we might take if we stand pat.

I agree completely that the mid second into late 3rd is the happy hole in this one. Though I also think that MOST draft seasons we end up talking ourselves into that same conclusion...
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2022, 10:44 AM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
The possibility of getting the sort of return that the Titans got on Jeffery Simmons is just awfully intriguing...
It is, but Simmons tore his ACL so it's more like the Williams situation. The Ojabo situation is rare. We have a comp in Odeyingbo from last year but that situation didn't look that great to me. I do read about the high hopes and "flashes" he showed in practice but on game days I didn't see it. We'll see.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-20-2022, 10:46 AM   #38
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:

If he falls to 9....why wouldn't the Seahawks just take him? Dude is from PNW and they have a need at DE. Why would they trade down in that scenario?
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2022, 10:56 AM   #39
Fan since 1997

The past couple of drafts Veach has stood pat and let the picks fall to him, in the early rounds at least. I think he will keep the same approach. You can get 4 quality starters in the first two rounds. That's significant. The dolts and the faid have a combined 1 pick whereas we have 4. We must select a DE, CB and WR with these 4 picks. The value will be there, it's just a matter of which pick fits the scheme the most.
Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 11:05 AM   #40
Andy Reid Supporter

Trading both 1st rd picks to move up would piss me off.

Aside from that there isn’t much that would piss me off aside from taking a RB in the first rd again.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2022, 11:11 AM   #41
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Trading both 1st rd picks to move up would piss me off.

Aside from that there isn’t much that would piss me off aside from taking a RB in the first rd again.
For the most part I agree, but there aren’t many combinations of players at 29 & 30 that I’d take over Kayvon Thibodeaux.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2022, 11:14 AM   #42
Starter

Thibodeaux gives me Clowney vibes but i don't feel like we would set ourselves back that much of we missed on him. I would be in on him if he fell to the early teens
CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 04-20-2022, 11:23 AM   #43
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatfishBob2 View Post
Thibodeaux gives me Clowney vibes but i don't feel like we would set ourselves back that much of we missed on him. I would be in on him if he fell to the early teens
He gives me Justin Houston in the playoffs vibes. In the two most important games in his college career (Utah and Utah in Pac12 Championship) he got absolutely erased in both games. No TFL, No QB hits, No Sacks, No QB pressure.
GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-20-2022, 11:24 AM   #44
Veteran

Quote:

Get with the premise of the thread and tell me who you think are the worst case scenario realistic picks for the Chief, I assume as you love the trade up so much that would be standing pat at 29/30
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-20-2022, 11:28 AM   #45
Rufus Dawes Jr.

Quote:
I'd be pretty underwhelmed.

A small, slow WR and a space eater DT?

Yeah, that's a no for me, dawg.

Agree. I'd rather draft a couple corners, or a corner and a RT
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.