Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 12-02-2020, 12:00 PM  
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Emotional support animals will no longer be considered service animals on flights

Fair, and overdue, IMHO. My only concern is for military vets who need emo support animals for PTSD. Hopefully it will be made easy for them to get certified. No restrictions on breed, which is a little surprising.

Emotional support animals will no longer be considered service animals on flights, DOT decides

The U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) has announced that emotional support animals will no longer be considered service animals on flights, updating its final rule on the controversial travel topic.

DOT shared the news in a Wednesday news release, explaining that the revision to the Air Carrier Access Act followed over 15,000 comments on the proposal, which was first pitched in January.

“The final rule announced today addresses concerns raised by individuals with disabilities, airlines, flight attendants, airports, other aviation transportation stakeholders, and other members of the public, regarding service animals on aircraft,” the agency said.

Now, the DOT will define a service animal as "a dog that is individually trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of a person with a disability.”

While the DOT "no longer considers an emotional support animal to be a service animal,” the department will require airlines to “treat psychiatric service animals the same as other service animals.”

Moving forward, the department is allowing airlines to require DOT-approved forms affirming a service animal's health, behavior and training before travel, and allowing carriers to cap the number of service animals traveling with a single passenger at two.

In addition, the DOT has given airlines the OK to require a service animal to fit within its handler’s foot space on the airplane, and mandate that the animal be harnessed, leashed, or tethered at all times on the plane and within the airport during the travel journey.

The DOT further supports a carrier’s agency in refusing transport to service animals acting aggressively, while barring airlines from refusing to transport a service animal based on breed.

The subject of emotional support and service animals on airplanes was a major travel news topic of 2018, after an emotional support peacock named Dexter and his owner were denied boarding on a United Airlines flight. Months later, a French bulldog died in the high skies after being accidentally placed into an overhead bin by a United Airlines flight attendant for the duration of the trip. From there, emotional support cats, squirrels and hamsters continued to make headlines and spark debate.

Various carriers have since tightened the leash on their respective rules regarding the transportation of both emotional support and service animals; the DOT’s latest update will be a game changer for policy.

https://www.foxnews.com/travel/dot-s...nimals-flights
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-02-2020, 01:16 PM   #31
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
That's just for flights though.

I see it everywhere. We had a church get together and one of the attendees has a daughter with emotional issues. They brought a huge German shepherd to the gathering and it was growling at people and getting into peoples food.

But you can't say anything because they'll just sue you.
Oh, yeah, I see what you mean now. Totally with you there.

I was in Home Depot the other day, in the crowd all looking for Christmas lights in one area, and dude had two big golden dogs on leashes with the support bib on both of them. ****ing things were barking and high-pitched yipping at the top of their lungs. I love dogs but I was considering telling him to shut those bastards up before the home depot guy asked him to take them outside.
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-02-2020, 01:17 PM   #32
**** the Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahiMike View Post
Even if the pet wears a mask?
That was supposed to be a thumbs up. Sorry about that.
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-02-2020, 01:17 PM   #33
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco View Post
My wife is my emotional support animal. Free airfare.
This guy gets it.
Old 12-02-2020, 01:30 PM   #34
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vailpass View Post
Oh, yeah, I see what you mean now. Totally with you there.

I was in Home Depot the other day, in the crowd all looking for Christmas lights in one area, and dude had two big golden dogs on leashes with the support bib on both of them. ****ing things were barking and high-pitched yipping at the top of their lungs. I love dogs but I was considering telling him to shut those bastards up before the home depot guy asked him to take them outside.
I've done some work with the Puppy Jake Foundation - they train dogs for vets with PTSD.

You know a real service dog when you see one. They don't move, they don't speak, they don't do anything unless they need to. When the owner is sitting, they sit at their feet completely still and silent.

It's pretty easy to spot a fake service dog because they act like normal dogs.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 01:31 PM   #35
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco View Post
My wife is my emotional support animal. Free airfare.
Oh she's an animal alright.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-02-2020, 01:32 PM   #36
"You like to drink?"

It's a minor inconvenience to accommodate people with mental problems..
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-02-2020, 01:39 PM   #37
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
It's a minor inconvenience to accommodate people with mental problems..
Not to people who have animal allergies...or are afraid of dogs...or don't like bullshit dictating the way the rest of us fly.
fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 01:41 PM   #38
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan4ever View Post
Not to people who have animal allergies...or are afraid of dogs...or don't like bullshit dictating the way the rest of us fly.
Yip.
Old 12-02-2020, 01:43 PM   #39
Supporter

Quote:
Yip.
It's really great that the people who have real issues are now being denied because of so many fake self centered A-holes out there. Really great that people are exploiting laws that are designed to comfort/help the most impacted people of our society so they can take their purse dogs with them.
fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 12-02-2020, 01:43 PM   #40
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
What about emotional support midgets? I think they make more sense than animals. And they must need work.
Are you looking for work? They call you "little people" now as well...
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-02-2020, 01:44 PM   #41
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
I've done some work with the Puppy Jake Foundation - they train dogs for vets with PTSD.

You know a real service dog when you see one. They don't move, they don't speak, they don't do anything unless they need to. When the owner is sitting, they sit at their feet completely still and silent.

It's pretty easy to spot a fake service dog because they act like normal dogs.
This, Puppy Jake is a great foundation...

No more turtles and peacocks on airlines...
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-02-2020, 01:45 PM   #42
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan4ever View Post
It's really great that the people who have real issues are now being denied because of so many fake self centered A-holes out there. Really great that people are exploiting laws that are designed to comfort/help the most impacted people of our society so they can take their purse dogs with them.
This is what I have been telling my friends who do this shit. You are going to ruin it for the people that actually need it. They are convinced they need it too. Which is technically true, but for much different reasons.
Old 12-02-2020, 01:48 PM   #43
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief View Post
Are you looking for work? They call you "little people" now as well...
No. I'm not a midget, and emotional support isn't exactly one of my strong suits.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-02-2020, 01:56 PM   #44
Woman should only make babies

They must have started this earlier because my emotional support Muslim and box cutter were denied access
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 01:57 PM   #45
Supporter

Quote:
This is what I have been telling my friends who do this shit. You are going to ruin it for the people that actually need it. They are convinced they need it too. Which is technically true, but for much different reasons.
Tell them to get their doctors to give them handicapped placards so they can REALLY **** the system. What's the difference?

I have no respect for people like this. Sometimes I can't help myself and confront some of these people. When I see a seemingly able bodied person at the grocery store loading cases of water or sodas and crap into their car in a handicapped spot I offer to help them. I politely say "Hey, let me help you with that". Whether it's female or male I almost always get the same reaction...like "It's OK...I'm good". Then I say "Well I try to help out handicapped folks when I can...I have a son who's 23 and has been in a wheelchair his whole life so I know how challenging being handicapped can be". Most people slink away and get into their car without saying much. The people truly impacted give me a caring look and will say something like "Bless you and your son". I don't like to be a justice warrior but at my age I'm SO sick of seeing people act like a-holes because most people are too good natured to call them on it.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote