Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-20-2019, 05:46 PM  
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Saying goodbye to special underwear.

Several years ago, I needed some underwear. This was before I would consider buying underwear online, so I went to the store and bought a couple of packages, one from a brand called Covington and one from Polo.

Buying underwear is always a bit of an adventure, because you can't exactly try them on. So I went home and the next day when it was time to shower, I broke them out of their package, and a love affair was born.

They were the perfect underwear, just perfect. The material was soft, yet stylish. The waistband was just snug enough that it did its job perfectly, yet I never felt it. At the end of the day, I didn't have any unsightly indents in my waist, or chafing at my hips. And the front created the perfect pouch that not only felt comfortable, but it somehow seemed to ... ahem ... "enhance" the apparent size of what it was protecting. They really made a man feel confident at the doctor's office.

I loved that underwear. Both brands. They were my A-team underwear for running races, for travel, for those long airport days where you didn't want anything riding up or sliding down. I've purchased other underwear in the ensuing years that is perfectly comfortable, but never underwear that has become a part of me like my beloved Covington and Polo collections. I've tried to find new versions in recent years, but styles have changed and waistbands have changed, and I can't seem to find that perfect style.

But alas, the saddest thing about underwear is that its life span is shorter than ours. One by one the elastic has gone out, or the material has worn off to the extent that it can no longer pass the paramedic test if I was in an accident.

I've lost a Polo and a Covington in the last month, sadly giving them a final salute before gingerly placing them into the trash receptacle. My team is dwindling, and it will only accelerate. So I'm here today to tell you, if you have a great pair of underwear, appreciate it, because you won't be together forever.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2019, 08:05 PM   #31
The pizza king of kansas

I need boxer underwears cause my package need a lot of room.
big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2019, 08:12 PM   #32
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I'm looking, but the sizing makes me cautious. S, M, L? It needs to be by waist size in inches.
Who is higher maintenance? You or your wife?
mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2019, 08:22 PM   #33
Supporter

I had some in high school that were from American Eagle. They felt like a million bucks and made me look great (back when I was young and athletic). Was wearing them when I fooled around with this chick I was fond of.

Same deal. They changed the style and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superturtle View Post
Get you some Duluth stuff.
Recently bought some. I'll cosign that. I don't know how they wear over time, but it is good so far.

Quote:
I can be convinced, but I disagree with the aesthetics of their commercials. This puts them at a disadvantage.

But I need to replenish my underwear inventory, so I'll look.
Start with free range cotton, given what you said about the ones you had before.

Quote:
I can't do boxers. Too much swinging around.
Turbulence. My boys don't like turbulence.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2019, 08:23 PM   #34
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlyonsd View Post
Who is higher maintenance? You or your wife?
She's low maintenance, but all it takes to keep me happy is good barbecue, comfortable underwear, and a frosty can of Pibb Xtra.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2019, 08:34 PM   #35
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
I'm looking, but the sizing makes me cautious. S, M, L? It needs to be by waist size in inches.
Agreed.

https://help.tommyjohn.com/hc/en-us/...-a-size-guide-
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2019, 08:56 PM   #36
Immanentize The Eschaton

I switched to boxer briefs over 20 years ago. Good stuff. Like a bra for your junk. Boxers don't give enough support, briefs are too binding. I used to go commando before I tried boxer briefs.
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2019, 09:00 PM   #37
Supporter

FWIW I'm a briefs only guy.

I'm telling you, my guys don't like turbulence.

If briefs are binding, you're doing it wrong.

EDIT: Except sleep. I roll boxer briefs in bed.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2019, 09:20 PM   #38
Constable of Untruths

I can back up the thoughts on Duluth Trading Co. underwear. Their bare naked boxer briefs are all I wear. They are comfortable, don’t ride up into your nether regions, and they last for freaking ever.
LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2019, 09:38 PM   #39
Spooky Action

Had the same love affair, and recent parting, with my favorite underpants.

Have moved on, boxer briefs seem to suit me OK after all, and although it's taken some time to adjust and some living in the past to soothe what's gone, I no longer fear the future.
EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-20-2019, 10:07 PM   #40
The man you could post like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjchieffan View Post
It's funny that this thread came up today. They are putting in a Duluth Trading Post here in Rogers, and just today, I've been online reading up about their underwear and comparable underwear. I just don't know if I can justify $30 for a pair of underwear. I found a review telling about a brand called Exofficio. The guy claimed that they were just as good as Duluth. But I found a review of them that claimed that there was no concistency in fit from one purchase to the next of the same underwear. I think though, that when the Duluth opens here that I may have to give them a try. I really like what I hear about them. Maybe they'll have a good grand opening sale on them.
You'd better buy them all in 1 color if you go the ExOfficio route. I had all light grey and they were pretty damn good. Only complaint is the waistband will bunch and roll over time. Don't think the Duluths will do that because those bands are ****ing sturdy.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2019, 10:12 PM   #41
Snacks Are Under My Apron

Just go Commando, other than the occasional “pinch” it’s not too shabby
threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2019, 10:17 PM   #42
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by threebag02 View Post
Just go Commando, other than the occasional “pinch” it’s not too shabby
**** that.

Real men do work. Balls sweat. Not good on the commando route.
Old 04-20-2019, 11:17 PM   #43
Banned

Thoughts and prayers to your fallen underwear.

Will there be a candlelight vigil?
Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 04-21-2019, 01:15 AM   #44
Veteran

I'm a fan of Under Armour.
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-21-2019, 01:51 AM
BigCatDaddy
This message has been deleted by BigCatDaddy.
Old 04-21-2019, 07:02 AM   #45
Snacks Are Under My Apron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
**** that.

Real men do work. Balls sweat. Not good on the commando route.
When you wear shorts or sweats year round it’s not too bad. Especially when you blast a fan right up the leg of your shorts.
threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.