Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-23-2018, 09:39 PM  
MONTANA #19

Forget E Thomas...Arizona crumbling...how about Patrick Peterson?

I believe he's in year 5 of a 7 year deal, but his cap hit would be massive. I'm sure we could make it work though. I wonder if Arizona would even answer the phone.
arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:31 AM   #31
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
If you give a 2nd and a 4 for Thomas, PLUS give him a contract, you're pushing a shitload of chips into the middle because at some point that contract absolutely costs you one of the young players on this team.

And it effectively costs you 2 with the draft pick you gave up as well.

I'm just not willing to do that. I mean you have things like the helmet catch blowing apart perfect seasons. Football is a lunatic, random sport and I'm not willing to take 2 fewer bites at the apple in exchange for a single bigger bite.

Who exactly do you think it's going to cost them?

Hill and Mahomes will get paid and if you want to pay Kareem Hunt well that's worse than going for Thomas.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:33 AM   #32
Mahomes Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post

Hill and Mahomes will get paid and if you want to pay Kareem Hunt well that's worse than going for Thomas.
As much as I like Hunt because he's a really hard runner... I do agree that you DON'T give a RB a big contract on this team, when it's predominately passing. (especially on an Andy Reid team)
Also, the other cheaper RB's on this team aren't so bad... it wouldn't be a complete drop off.
Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:37 AM   #33
Hockey Town

I honestly want to know who it's going to cost the team, matter of fact the Chiefs are about to get some serious dead money back and also move on from other big contracts.

If you are moving on from big deals why do you care about adding a good player for a few more years?

Earl Thomas is going to be a productive player when Eric Berry is retired, you can mark that I said that.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:43 AM   #34
In Search of a Life

Probably Jones or Fuller
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:45 AM   #35
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Who's pissed off because he doesn't have a contract.

I'm giving a 2nd for the privilege of giving another aging safety a long-term deal. Especially not another '**** you, pay me' safety.

Even if you got him to just shut up and play for a season, I'd be damn reluctant to give up a 2nd round pick for a 13 games from a guy. This team has a LOT of money it needs to spend soon. It is gonna need those damn picks. "Oh, but it'll just be K-Pass again..."

Well that kind of fatalist shit is just saying "Screw it, we have 3 years to win a title and then it's all over". No, we can't just say our picks will suck anyway so trade them. If our picks will suck, fire Veach and find a way to ensure they won't. I don't think they will.
DJ makes a good point.

We are about to pay Chris Jones and Tyreek Hill filthy money. Having 3 picks in the top 60 picks should go a long way to finding 3 cheap contracts for at least 4 years.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:45 AM   #36
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Probably Jones or Fuller
Kendall Fuller is a solid player but if he left I wouldn't lose sleep...matter of fact if they replaced everyone on this defense right now I wouldn't get upset.

Obviously they aren't cornerstones or they'd make some kind of difference. I think Jones is a good player but he isn't someone I'd break a bank for.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:47 AM   #37
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Kendall Fuller is a solid player but if he left I wouldn't lose sleep...matter of fact if they replaced everyone on this defense right now I wouldn't get upset.

Obviously they aren't cornerstones or they'd make some kind of difference. I think Jones is a good player but he isn't someone I'd break a bank for.
You lose players like that AND the ability to draft a cheap rookie to replace them is where the problem lays.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:47 AM   #38
Hockey Town

I'm gonna be real now, if you pay a 3-4 defensive end that honestly is kind of hit or miss with his production "filthy money" I may question your GM skills.

You should be able to find solid 3-4 ends in the draft without using high picks, truth right there.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:47 AM   #39
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I'm gonna be real now, if you pay a 3-4 defensive end that honestly is kind of hit or miss with his production "filthy money" I may question your GM skills.

You should be able to find solid 3-4 ends in the draft without using high picks, truth right there.
Jones doesn't play 34 end every snap though. They move him around.

I'm not really in disagreement on not paying him, but he's a good young player.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:48 AM   #40
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
You lose players like that AND the ability to draft a cheap rookie to replace them is where the problem lays.
Yes but you aren't losing them after this year...

I'm a believer in that yea most of the time you need a CB that's gonna be a 1st rounder but guess what, in this scheme you should be able to get quality DL outside of the 1st.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:49 AM   #41
Mahomes Fanboi

Quote:

Yuuup. Everyone on this defense is replaceable.
Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 09:50 AM   #42
Hockey Town

Lets also remember how many big contracts are going to be off this team in literally 2 years and the cap is always going up.

Anyway this window is open wide right now, sometimes you have to take your shot.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:51 AM   #43
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:

My guess would be Chris Jones or perhaps Fuller.

I know Fuller's been a bit of a disappointment to this point but he's also the only guy on the roster I'd expect to have long-term asset ability out wide.

They can't just keep paying everyone. And I'm not interested in giving a paycheck player his 3rd deal. Those are ALWAYS the ones you regret.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:52 AM   #44
In Search of a Life

Taking your shot is fine, but if you miss that turns a potential big window into a short one.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:52 AM   #45
In Search of a Life

Plus, if the Seahawks are wanting a first or second for a safety that needs his third contract, I'd tell them to promply **** right off.

I've gotta give the guy a new contract, we can talk a 3rd tops.