Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-27-2017, 09:38 PM  
Life is changing..

What if Mahomes fails as an NFL QB?

I know this isn't something that's pleasant to think about, but I'm curious as to what this franchise would do if Mahomes turns out to be a bust.

Do you think we draft another QB in the first round? Or do we go full CHEFUS and sign a middle of the road Alex Smith type again?

Ideally Mahomes is the QB here for 15 years on his way to multiple SuperBowl titles and the Hall of Fame. That's the dream, anyway.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-27-2017, 10:08 PM   #31
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
Fib about what?
Yeah if it wasn't PGM's idea he gets weird - he loved his Biscuit and Gravy thread - just ask him.
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-27-2017, 10:09 PM   #32
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
Yeah if it wasn't PGM's idea he gets weird - he loved his Biscuit and Gravy thread - just ask him.
He's an interesting character, but that's ok. He seems nice sometimes.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-27-2017, 10:10 PM   #33
You Sweetie!

Quote:
He's an interesting character, but that's ok. He seems nice sometimes.
oh he's nice and mean - he's a sweet sweet cock
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-27-2017, 10:11 PM   #34
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Shoneys is the peak of the mountain bud
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-27-2017, 10:12 PM   #35
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball View Post
Just admit it. Weird to fib about it.
If you're talking about Big Smoke being a parody account, then I find that pretty hilarious that anyone still gives that any thought.

Regardless;

Big Smoke would have started a thread with random rap lyrics or about GUNT butter or something. Every thread I've created since taking over this account has been a legitimate conversation topic.
Old 11-27-2017, 10:12 PM   #36
Emporer of Mongo

Um

It would be bad?
Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-27-2017, 10:12 PM   #37
Stuff & Things

If he happens to be the next Warren Moon, Dan Marino, Boomer Esiason, Jim Kelly, Donovan Mcnabb, Steve McNair type of failure I’m probably ok with that. However, if he’s the next Matt Leinart, Byron Leftwich, Brady Quinn, Tim Couch, Todd Blackledge type of failure...

Well, enjoy the next 25 years or so of Chiefs mediocrity. I’m checking the **** out.

I’m so goddamned tired of half-measures with this team. You know, on this subject... How in the **** can a team like New England do it year after year after year? It’s insanity. Either someone made a goddamned deal with some sort of super-natural being or the fix is in. I refuse to believe that team can do what they’ve done without some sort of deity interfering.

Are you telling me that if Bill Belicheik actually took the Jets job after Parcells retired, we’d be in awe of a qb like Chad Pennington?

No, Satan is a pats fan.
Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 10:12 PM   #38
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
oh he's nice and mean - he's a sweet sweet cock
Some would say a bit....bi polar
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-27-2017, 10:12 PM   #39
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawnmower View Post
Um

It would be bad?
How bad?
Old 11-27-2017, 10:14 PM   #40
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
If he happens to be the next Warren Moon, Dan Marino, Boomer Esiason, Jim Kelly, Donovan Mcnabb, Steve McNair type of failure I’m probably ok with that. However, if he’s the next Matt Leinart, Byron Leftwich, Brady Quinn, Tim Couch, Todd Blackledge type of failure...

Well, enjoy the next 25 years or so of Chiefs mediocrity. I’m checking the **** out.

I’m so goddamned tired of half-measures with this team. You know, on this subject... How in the **** can a team like New England do it year after year after year? It’s insanity. Either someone made a goddamned deal with some sort of super-natural being or the fix is in. I refuse to believe that team can do what they’ve done without some sort of deity interfering.

Are you telling me that if Bill Belicheik actually took the Jets job after Parcells retired, we’d be in awe of a qb like Chad Pennington?

No, Satan is a pats fan.
Great post.
Old 11-27-2017, 10:16 PM   #41
Sarcasm

You keep on trying. Give it 3 years then move on. But I'm not at all worried about Mahomes failing. He has the right mental aptitude to be phenomenal. He's not a dumbass like Leaf, Lynch, Manuel type of guys. So he's already ahead of them in that regard. He's a leader.

I think he will have issues with turnovers in the beginning stages of his career, but that won't bother me too much because I know he'll have the ability to make up for them each time too. With Alex, if he turns the ball over, you know there's no chance to survive something like that.
KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 11-27-2017, 10:19 PM   #42
Stuff & Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCrockaholic View Post
You keep on trying. Give it 3 years then move on. But I'm not at all worried about Mahomes failing. He has the right mental aptitude to be phenomenal. He's not a dumbass like Leaf, Lynch, Manuel type of guys. So he's already ahead of them in that regard. He's a leader. I think he will have issues with turnovers in the beginning stages of his career, but that won't bother me too much because I know he'll have the ability to make up for them each time too. With Alex, if he turns the ball over, you know there's no chance to survive something like that.
Christ. I forgot about Ryan Leaf. Bigger bust than anyone I mentioned.
Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-27-2017, 10:20 PM   #43
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawnmower View Post
Um

It would be bad?
yes
Old 11-27-2017, 10:21 PM   #44
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
I know this isn't something that's pleasant to think about, but I'm curious as to what this franchise would do if Mahomes turns out to be a bust.

Do you think we draft another QB in the first round? Or do we go full CHEFUS and sign a middle of the road Alex Smith type again?

Ideally Mahomes is the QB here for 15 years on his way to multiple SuperBowl titles and the Hall of Fame. That's the dream, anyway.
How long you been a Chiefs fan? We blew our wad 40+ years ago. Buck up.
KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 11-27-2017, 10:22 PM   #45
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball View Post
Some would say a bit....bi polar
Bi_Polar was very short-lived - Phobie slayed him, phil had a hard on for busting my 3 mults, over time. Kyle and Bob Dole let them ride - Oh DaFace and BearCat liked to call me out too. I think most of them were jealous of my food thread creative skills.