Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-12-2009, 07:50 PM  
Administrator

Saint Joe restaurants

OK, question for the St Joe planeteers... Name some "famous" St Joe restaurants(past or present) and what you would consider their "signature" item...

Maybe it is just the item you associate with them .. for instance...

The Bucket Shop= beefburger
Galvin's=fried chicken
36th Street= Tenderloin sandwich
D&G= the Simon
Kleinbrodts= scrappy beef
Cordonnier's = catfish sandwich
Jerre Anne's = any and every side dish

NO CHAINS ALLOWED...

extra credit if you have a recipe for said item!
AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-13-2009, 05:54 PM   #31
MVP

They have restaurants in st joe?
Jilly would the whole thing.Jilly would the whole thing.Jilly would the whole thing.Jilly would the whole thing.Jilly would the whole thing.Jilly would the whole thing.Jilly would the whole thing.Jilly would the whole thing.Jilly would the whole thing.Jilly would the whole thing.Jilly would the whole thing.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:27 PM   #32
Keep Camp Home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilly View Post
some of the best restarants ever would be found in towns of less then 10k people. One of the best chicken fried chicken dinners I ever at was in a little town called Allendale. St. Joe isn't nearly as small as some would like to believe it is, but yes we have quite the selection of not just restaurants, but homegrown restaurants that help make this town unique.
cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:35 PM   #33
Supporter

How are the prostitutes in St. Joe?
RJ Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RJ Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RJ Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RJ Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RJ Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RJ Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RJ Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RJ Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RJ Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RJ Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RJ Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:51 PM   #34
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilly View Post
I have lived in DFW, Ann Arbor, Austin, Lafayette, Santa Barbara... not to mention living and traveling for a year in Spain... and of course I am biased... but St Joe has some of the BEST food I have ever had.. KC does too for that matter.

Of everywhere else I have lived, I would only put Ann Arbor and Tarragona, Spain in the same catagory. Now, again, I don't care for seafood and I love pork and beef... so St Joe tends to cater to my needs.

If the D&G were to open here in downtown Austin... they would be the best restaurant in town. (for me)

btw... of all the cities I have spent a significant amount of time in... the BIG cities tend to be the worst... DFW is a perfect example of a culinary wasteland... Detroit is the only exception to that, that I have found (never been to Chicago but I hear they qualify as well)
AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:29 PM   #35
Stuff & Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
I have lived in DFW, Ann Arbor, Austin, Lafayette, Santa Barbara... not to mention living and traveling for a year in Spain... and of course I am biased... but St Joe has some of the BEST food I have ever had.. KC does too for that matter.

Of everywhere else I have lived, I would only put Ann Arbor and Tarragona, Spain in the same catagory. Now, again, I don't care for seafood and I love pork and beef... so St Joe tends to cater to my needs.

If the D&G were to open here in downtown Austin... they would be the best restaurant in town. (for me)

btw... of all the cities I have spent a significant amount of time in... the BIG cities tend to be the worst... DFW is a perfect example of a culinary wasteland... Detroit is the only exception to that, that I have found (never been to Chicago but I hear they qualify as well)
This is true... I've lived in a lot of places but the smaller towns tend to have an atmosphere to their restaurants. The food is always top notch as well. Out of all the cities I've lived in, Omaha comes in a close 2nd to KC for restaurants in a larger populous.
Posted via Mobile Device
Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:30 PM   #36
Keep Camp Home!

unfortunately austin we are losing some of our "hometown" restaurants. Jerry Anne;s closed a year or two ago and hasn't re-opened. D&G owners have retired and not found a willing suitor to carry on the tradition. A couple people have tried to ressurect the Bucket Shop to no avail. And most recently, I believe that measly IRS agency laid victim to Pinzino's Somkehouse, which had the potential to become another key restaurant for the town.
cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:20 AM   #37
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmh6476 View Post
unfortunately austin we are losing some of our "hometown" restaurants. Jerry Anne;s closed a year or two ago and hasn't re-opened. D&G owners have retired and not found a willing suitor to carry on the tradition. A couple people have tried to ressurect the Bucket Shop to no avail. And most recently, I believe that measly IRS agency laid victim to Pinzino's Somkehouse, which had the potential to become another key restaurant for the town.
Of all of those.. The Bucket Shop... kills me. If I ever get famously rish, that is one of the places that I would make sure returns to form.. that and my childhood favorite.. the D&G.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:21 AM   #38
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmh6476 View Post
Bill bringing Pinzo's into The First Ward House was a smart move. Been awhile since I've been in there but the last time I ate was some BBQ smoked brisket Nachos... Priest Holmes would be proud
chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:26 AM   #39
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasedude View Post
Bill bringing Pinzo's into The First Ward House was a smart move. Been awhile since I've been in there but the last time I ate was some BBQ smoked brisket Nachos... Priest Holmes would be proud
OMG! The First Ward! Are they still open? How bout the Brown Bear? Two of my favs.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:34 AM   #40
On one quarter

Bandanas

sometimes the food is good and sometimes it disappoints. I love the mustard BBQ sauce though.
Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:36 AM   #41
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
OMG! The First Ward! Are they still open? How bout the Brown Bear? Two of my favs.
Oh yeah, both there. The First Ward is really nice now. Beasley gave it a near makeover. Added a really nice kitchen. The basement has been opened up for a game room. The old back deck is gone and doulbed in size now. The parking lot paved, it's a really nice place now.

As for the Bear, not much has changed there but a few more tacked dollars in the ceiling
chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:39 AM   #42
Starter

where is the best chicken fried steak in st joe?
sodcat is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.sodcat is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 06-14-2009, 11:16 AM   #43
Keep Camp Home!

chase, First Ward closed down, as I mentioned earlier that pesky IRS got to em and they had to close er down. For sale signs adorn the windows now.

Best chicken fried steak as far as I'm concerned would be Boudreaux's.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:26 PM   #44
a haw haw haw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishpicker View Post
Bandanas

sometimes the food is good and sometimes it disappoints. I love the mustard BBQ sauce though.
Bandanas is not a St Joe original though,I believe their home is in the St Louis area
Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:28 PM   #45
a haw haw haw

I'm surprised no one mentioned The Frederick Inn.
Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.