Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-15-2024, 02:17 PM  
Snacks Are Under My Apron

•••• The Bowling Thread ••••

So, bowling is a fun sport at any level. From first dates, childhood parties or serious league action. Bowling has something for everybody. This is a depository, repository or suppository for stories, tips of the trade, and overall good times at the Bowling Alley. Enjoy the bar food, Cold Beer and good times.
threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2024, 07:03 AM   #31
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
I've bowled for most of my life. Saturdays as a kid was league day and when we got old enough, we could stay after our league and keep score for the little kids to get 3 free games.

I bowled in several leagues as an adult and bowled two 300's in the early 90's. I also had a game where I left a 10 pin in the first frame and then 11 in a row for a 290. Bowling a 300 was a big deal back then. When you got to the 10th frame, the entire bowling alley stopped to watch. Now they are so common in some leagues, people barely bat an eye.

I took a few years off when I got burnt out on the long league seasons, but started up again about 10 years ago. I average in the upper 180's to low 190's. Never have carried a 200 average for a full season. I had a 287 a couple of years ago when I had the front 10. The 11th ball came in a little light and didn't carry.

I love bowling.
Back whe the Star/Times was a serious paper, I would religiously read the Sports section of Hole-in-Ones and 300 games. I figured I'd be in there some day!
Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2024, 07:10 AM   #32
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
I always thought Duckpin Bowling was pretty neat
Fellas, if they can put "Fowling" in an old hardware store, we should combine forces and open the country's second Feather Bowling bar. Looks like a perfect bar for Downtown Independence

https://youtu.be/xG3_yJ1-xdY?si=3BHa9w1x0wGLI69Q
Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.
Old 06-16-2024, 07:59 AM   #33
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

Funny Gifs : bill murray Gif - VSGIF.com
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2024, 09:10 AM   #34
Elway be drinkin' again

I posted this a year or three ago-
I had not paid attention to the "Sport" for a couple of decades. Was flipping thru the channels one day and bowling was on. Had a choice between that and corn hole.

I about had a cow when I saw those pro guys rolling with both hands. Had no idea that was a thing
Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 06-16-2024, 09:17 AM   #35
MVP

I’ve been away from bowling for about 15 years. I was a yaba member as a kid. I was surprisingly competitive for someone who didn’t take it that seriously. I had just shy of 15k of scholarship money when I tore my knee out playing football my jr year. I’d been to several witchita state camps. And was supposed to go to college there to be on the bowling team.

My high score was a 269 at age 13-14 I rolled enough strikes in a row for a 300 just not all in one game unfortunately. It was a tricky oil pattern and I ended up switching to my spare ball from my ultimate inferno halfway through. I’d never been so nervous about a decision in my life but strikes 4 and 5 hit Brooklyn. And foot and finger adjustments weren’t slowing the arc down.

The two local alleys to me have closed down but I plan to get back in it in a year or two when my son gets in jr high and I’m not coaching all of his teams.
Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.
Old 06-16-2024, 09:52 AM   #36
Veteran

My favorite bowling story was with a group of friends. The first game hurt my shoulder or wrist, so I decided to bowl the next game left handed. I’d previously only thrown a couple frames lefty in my life. My first throw is a bad gutter ball. My friend looks at me and asks what the hell I’m doing. I spared the frame and ended up with a 218 kicking everyone’s ass.
UteChief has disabled reputation
Old 06-16-2024, 10:40 AM   #37
Life is changing..

I bowled a lot when I was younger. I was in Saturday morning leagues for years and years. I lost interest around high school.

Ended up taking a bowling class in college and I dominated. They handed out awards at the end of the year and I took home all of them.

I don't remember my high score but was in the 260s.

Last edited by TLO; 06-16-2024 at 11:44 AM..
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2024, 11:01 AM   #38
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
I've bowled for most of my life. Saturdays as a kid was league day and when we got old enough, we could stay after our league and keep score for the little kids to get 3 free games.

I bowled in several leagues as an adult and bowled two 300's in the early 90's. I also had a game where I left a 10 pin in the first frame and then 11 in a row for a 290. Bowling a 300 was a big deal back then. When you got to the 10th frame, the entire bowling alley stopped to watch. Now they are so common in some leagues, people barely bat an eye.

I took a few years off when I got burnt out on the long league seasons, but started up again about 10 years ago. I average in the upper 180's to low 190's. Never have carried a 200 average for a full season. I had a 287 a couple of years ago when I had the front 10. The 11th ball came in a little light and didn't carry.

I love bowling.
Did you live in the KC area in the 60's and 70's....if so we probably crossed paths in some of the KC area...

There wasn't a bowling alley in the KC area I didn't bowl in from age 6 to 18...one of my favorites was at the Antioch Shopping center. Could bowl in the tourney in the morning and hang out there all day until my Dad would pick us up. On the way home we would stop at Bena's Burgers for their big freaking hamburgers and the large order of fries. And...if we had behaved we got to get a large chocolate shake.

Damn those were some fun days.

BTW......until about 5 years ago I used to have all my old bowling shirts from as far back as my youth.

Also...my high game is 279 and the magic 300 has always eluded me. My high series was 718.
Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 06-16-2024, 12:29 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woogieman View Post
That's pretty good prize money!
Split 5 ways

I bought the new Hammer Effect with my share.
threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2024, 12:37 PM   #40
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers View Post
I posted this a year or three ago-
I had not paid attention to the "Sport" for a couple of decades. Was flipping thru the channels one day and bowling was on. Had a choice between that and corn hole.

I about had a cow when I saw those pro guys rolling with both hands. Had no idea that was a thing
Jason Belmonte and Kyle Troup have that 2 handed thing down so well...I tried it once while bowling for fun and I suck at it that way.

Give me the old Earl Anthony way of bowling...he is the Babe Ruth of bowling in my eyes.
Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 06-16-2024, 01:32 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosbonian View Post
Jason Belmonte and Kyle Troup have that 2 handed thing down so well...I tried it once while bowling for fun and I suck at it that way.

Give me the old Earl Anthony way of bowling...he is the Babe Ruth of bowling in my eyes.
Belmo and Troup are a couple of my favs
Old 06-16-2024, 02:10 PM   #42
Choco Favre

Quote:
Earl Anthony...
Roy Munson
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2024, 02:20 PM   #43
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by threebag View Post
Belmo and Troup are a couple of my favs
When I was working at King Louie International they had the King Louie Open there in KC. I got to meet several of the PBA bowlers when they brought them by the office......that's when I got to meet Guppy Troup, Kyle's dad.

Met a lot of the bowlers during my time working there...and one of my favorites was Johnny Petraglia. He just seemed like a pretty nice guy. By the time I had met him he was late into his career, but was always just as congenial as could be.

But there were some bowlers who were big names at that time that were not as nice as their image on the TV.

PS- never been a big fan of Pete Weber or Marshall Holman.
Old 06-16-2024, 02:36 PM   #44
Wasted away again...

Quote:
Did you live in the KC area in the 60's and 70's....if so we probably crossed paths in some of the KC area...

There wasn't a bowling alley in the KC area I didn't bowl in from age 6 to 18...one of my favorites was at the Antioch Shopping center. Could bowl in the tourney in the morning and hang out there all day until my Dad would pick us up. On the way home we would stop at Bena's Burgers for their big freaking hamburgers and the large order of fries. And...if we had behaved we got to get a large chocolate shake.

Damn those were some fun days.

BTW......until about 5 years ago I used to have all my old bowling shirts from as far back as my youth.

Also...my high game is 279 and the magic 300 has always eluded me. My high series was 718.
Yeah, I grew up in Lee's Summit and mostly bowled at Summit Lanes (used to be called Green Bowl way back in the day). I bowled both of my 300's and the 290 there.

As an adult, I also bowled leagues at Capitol Bowl (Hickman Mills), Loma Vista, Strike and Spare on 40 Hwy and there was a place on 50 highway in Raytown that I can't remember the name (Not Premier. This was an older house, north of Raytown Rd).

Last edited by Dartgod; 06-16-2024 at 02:42 PM..
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2024, 02:40 PM   #45
Politically Incorrect

I think I've gone bowling 2-3 times in the last 25 years and always had a fun time.

Just don't have any friends that bowl and itcs always related to a work outing.

I'm not any good but I have fun, especially the drinking part.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.