Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-09-2024, 09:14 AM  
Supporter

What's a good alternative to Keurig

Our Keurig duo just broke. This is the second one we've had (first one broke while still under warranty). I would like to hear some suggestions. Anything that will last longer, better quality, etc.? Or is this just the nature of these kinds of appliances?

Currently, I'm looking at this:

https://www.amazon.com/Ninja-CFP101-...en%2C84&sr=1-1
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2024, 11:21 AM   #31
MVP

This

Plus This

= simplified beauty one cup at a time.
Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2024, 11:26 AM   #32
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
I think there is something to this. My friend does that and he's had his for several years.

My current one is about 3 years old. I think the heat element went out.
The water quality in Arizona is one of the worst and DESTROYS everything ot touches.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2024, 11:34 AM   #33
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
The water quality in Arizona is one of the worst and DESTROYS everything ot touches.
You shower in it?

Watch your dick, man.
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2024, 11:49 AM   #34
MVP

https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-59...s&gad_source=1

This is pretty good.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-09-2024, 12:01 PM   #35
When a nightmare becomes real

Agree with most of the sentiment to just get a coffee pot (and wake up 5 minutes earlier).

However, to address the actual question, i've had pretty good luck with the Hamilton Beach FlexBrew coffee maker.
Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 07-09-2024, 12:04 PM   #36
Court Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graystoke View Post
This

Plus This

= simplified beauty one cup at a time.
That looks like best way to do a pour over. You need to do the pour over slowly while keeping the water as hot as possible to get the most flavor out of the beans. I have a ChemEx pour over which is nice, but I have to use a separate pot to keep the water boiling during the time I’m making it. Pour overs are great, but they just take a little time and effort to make properly.
Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2024, 01:47 PM   #37
MVP

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071LGWJWW...t_details&th=1

Thank me later. Makes a great cup of coffee.
KCFalcon59 threw an interception on a screen pass.KCFalcon59 threw an interception on a screen pass.KCFalcon59 threw an interception on a screen pass.KCFalcon59 threw an interception on a screen pass.KCFalcon59 threw an interception on a screen pass.KCFalcon59 threw an interception on a screen pass.KCFalcon59 threw an interception on a screen pass.KCFalcon59 threw an interception on a screen pass.KCFalcon59 threw an interception on a screen pass.KCFalcon59 threw an interception on a screen pass.KCFalcon59 threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 07-09-2024, 02:17 PM   #38
Veteran

To reiterate what several posters have already said:

Pour over provides a great cup of coffee with minimal time and bother.

Getting a bur grinder and grinding beans immediately before use resulted in a big boost in coffee quality.
Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.
Old 07-09-2024, 03:14 PM   #39
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptlyon View Post
A post this long in a more than a "bit" of a coffee snob
That's barely anything. There is a LOT to talk about with extraction. This is just an entry into the "coffee better than ****ing Maxwell House exists".

And I'm not super snobby. Pretty much all my coffee I drink comes from a rig under $20. I'm not buying high altitude ethiopian beans and roasting them myself or any of that shit. I pretty much stopped when I got the bitterness out of the brew. There is definitely diminishing returns when you get into coffee snobbery, but yeah, buying some dog**** off your shitheel grocery store shelf that was roasted and ground who the hell knows when isn't necessarily the answer.

Plus, I gave him a cheap ass easy ass option to get out of the world of dogshit coffee. If he doesn't like it, he's out $20 and then can go back to K-Cups.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2024, 03:20 PM   #40
THE RED MENACE

Got a good deal on a Jura A-1. World class coffee at the push of a button. Going on 4 years now. I did a French press my entire life before this.
BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 07-09-2024, 03:57 PM   #41
In Search of a Life

We've had good luck with our Ninja. You've had a few cups out of it. Of course we don't use ours as heavily as you do.

https://www.amazon.com/Ninja-Special.../dp/B07PFLM2LK
Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2024, 03:58 PM   #42
MVP

I dont drink coffee but my wife and daughter do. She tossed the Kuereg and got the Breville barista express and hasn't looked back. They love it.
jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.
Old 07-09-2024, 04:06 PM   #43
Generational Player

French Press.

Superior coffee, does not take long.

The only annoying thing is throwing out the grounds.
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2024, 05:41 PM   #44
Voodoo Chile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
Damn straight.
JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-09-2024, 05:46 PM   #45
Threepeat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoarethechefs View Post
I love my Moccamaster, its a little pricy, but its been bullet proof for 6 years and makes the best coffee every time, well depending on the beans lol, oh and its very fast , full pot in about 5 mins.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B09NM...c3ce3718a&th=1
This! Water temperature is exceedingly important. This has a copper kettle inside and brews the perfect temp every time. I have one at home & one at the office.
T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.