Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Yesterday, 02:29 PM  
Politically Incorrect

Airport food: Seems to have improved a lot but prices still crazy expensive

I've been on the road a lot this past year and with all the time spent at airports, it seems the food I have eaten is greatly improved over the first 35 years I traveled.

- Is it better quality restaurants?
- Needing to improve since it is so expensive?
- Am I just immune to shitty food and tolerate it?
- I have poor taste?
- I'm so hungry I would eat dog shit if they served it?
- I know some secret high class places for special people I go to?
- I think Airline Lounges serve good food for free?
- I drink too much and have no idea what the hell I am eating?

I'm currently sitting on an American Airlines flight from Norfolk to Charlotte and will be drinking soon, very soon.

So who is the travel food expert that can set the record straight?
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 05:32 PM   #31
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Yep, I see people rant about stadium prices and I think... uh, you know that's not a required part of the experience, right? Especially a place like Arrowhead or any downtown stadium/ballpark where there are tailgating or restaurant options.

I'll sometimes kick off a vacation with an airport beer, but I think the past few times I've eaten at one was a 3 hour layover, a 4+ hour delay, and the novelty of eating beyond security at the new KCI. I don't usually show up at the airport on an empty stomach.
Yeah not trying to steer this thread in a nefarious direction but its not like its CEOs dining on airport food

There's something about being outside peoples 3+ hour comfort bubble that makes them stand in line for $15 dry ass bagels or drop $120 on chicken tendies for a family of 3 at the airport

Its hard to reconcile things are so tough whenever spending time in any airport
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:36 PM   #32
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
I just deplaned in Charlotte and have 2 1/4 hours to kill and just stopped to sit in a rocking chair on the concourse from E to C terminal.

Very nice.....
That airport is stupid busy for its size. The Wicked Weed Brewery has a great little chill spot with great beer though.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:39 PM   #33
Cynical Misanthrope

Alaska Lounge wouldn’t let me in but they’re wrong. So I went with fellow travelers to PF Chang’s. Prices don’t seem that high over a PF Chang’s in a non-airport setting. If it were just me or only my wife, I’d go by the AmEx Centurion Lounge and not have an issue.

But Chang’s is a pretty decent place to grab a drink and watch planes take off if you’re in N gates at SeaTac
frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 05:53 PM   #34
For The Glory Of The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenchief View Post
Alaska Lounge wouldn’t let me in but they’re wrong. So I went with fellow travelers to PF Chang’s. Prices don’t seem that high over a PF Chang’s in a non-airport setting. If it were just me or only my wife, I’d go by the AmEx Centurion Lounge and not have an issue.

But Chang’s is a pretty decent place to grab a drink and watch planes take off if you’re in N gates at SeaTac
The Alaska Lounge in SeaTac was nothing incredibly special but it was really relaxing and not too over crowded like lounges (obv depends on what level) seem to be these days.
|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:55 PM   #35
Politically Incorrect

Just got ****ed!

Now my flight boards at 10:25pm instead of 8:06pm.

They may boot me off of the flight after drinking since 12:40 this afternoon.

This may go downhill fast.....

Anyone on standby to bail me out of jail?
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 05:58 PM   #36
For The Glory Of The City

Oh man we were going to have a semi normal Scho thread but he just could not help himself.

He had to talk about being such a disgusting human that him taking a shit closed an airport bathroom and now he is talking about drinking so much that he might be booted from a plane.
|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:05 PM   #37
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by |Zach| View Post
Oh man we were going to have a semi normal Scho thread but he just could not help himself.

He had to talk about being such a disgusting human that him taking a shit closed an airport bathroom and now he is talking about drinking so much that he might be booted from a plane.
Pugsley go back to watching the trannies and soccer at the Olympics and leave this thread for the adults.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:12 PM   #38
What's up braj?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
Just got ****ed!

Now my flight boards at 10:25pm instead of 8:06pm.

They may boot me off of the flight after drinking since 12:40 this afternoon.

This may go downhill fast.....

Anyone on standby to bail me out of jail?
I mean that’s your own fault if you thought that your flight in Charlotte wouldn’t be delayed. **** that piece of shit airport
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 06:15 PM   #39
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi View Post
The last thing I want to do before flying is eat. I dread having to blast a shit on an airplane toilet.
Yep. Amazes me when I see people drink in airport bars or eat fried food.

Same folks that use the bathroom like three times during a flight.
Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.
Old Yesterday, 06:16 PM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
Speaking of airports, if you have to consider traveling through Heathrow I'd highly recommend getting drug through the streets by a rope tied to the back of a mule to your destination as a more pleasant alternative.
Haneda (Narita and Kansai too probably) was awesome with their new e-passport set up. Breeze to get through customs.

Schipol wanted to act like they were not a major international airport for enter. E-passport on exit. Guess they really don't want tourists.

IAH just sucks getting through customs. No matter what. US is so far behind when it comes to e-passport.
GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old Yesterday, 06:16 PM   #41
What's up braj?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper View Post
Yep. Amazes me when I see people drink in airport bars or eat fried food.

Same folks that use the bathroom like three times during a flight.
I don’t even like pissing on the airplane TBH
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 06:18 PM   #42
Cynical Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by |Zach| View Post
The Alaska Lounge in SeaTac was nothing incredibly special but it was really relaxing and not too over crowded like lounges (obv depends on what level) seem to be these days.
I agree but had guests and a ton of passes I figured I could use. Centurion Lounges are better.
frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 06:19 PM   #43
Sleeping on the blacktop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoover View Post
I once paid like 20 bucks for a Jersey Mikes sub at the Vegas airport. Now that's just what it seems to cost. Honestly, the only way to do it is just buy the sandwich, if you add on Chips and Drink they are just robbing you. Cost them like 30 cents, charge you 4 bucks.
Last time I was in McCarran all I had to eat was some advil and two bottles of Gatorade.
George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 06:34 PM   #44
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi View Post
I don’t even like pissing on the airplane TBH
The bathrooms are like 2' x 2' and are the most claustrophobic shit I have ever seen. You have to turn sideways to slide in. There is no mile high club in the bathrooms anymore.

Now people just do the nasty under the blankets.
Old Yesterday, 06:39 PM   #45
C Chiefs once a year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
Air travel is like going to a sporting event where I'm always blown away by the "need" to consume by people

Its typically 3-5 hours of your life and you can't go without paying 100x more than market price for food and drink

Its a phenomenon for sure

Get off my lawn rant: If you're going to do it though, keep it the terminal. People who nibble on some dank smelling Korean bibimbap in the terminal just to bust the rest of it out while sitting elbow to elbow on the flight deserve a special place in hell
After I get past security its usually straight to the bar to start my vacation.
Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.