Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: Do you know how to drive a stick shift?
Yes 213 94.25%
No 13 5.75%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-09-2009, 04:56 PM  
Take a Chill Pill

Do you know how to drive a stick shift?

Poll to follow.
Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:07 PM   #31
Custom User Title

Last time I hopped in an automatic, I about went through the windshield because my left foot hit the brake as I tried to shift.
kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:07 PM   #32
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding View Post
My first car was a 5 speed manual transmission w/out cup holders.

That was ghey.
I had a couple cars that only had AM radios. Way ghey.
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:07 PM   #33
pie is never free

At 16 i was given a manual 74 Datsun & told... 'learn how to drive it & its yours'.

Took me about 20-30 minutes to become passable, essential knowledge for sure.
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:08 PM   #34
Supporter

Quote:
I've had 3 cars, all manual transmission.

I like to have complete control of changing gears. I hate when your driving and auto and it downshifts at a completely unnecessary time, or upshifts. It aggravates me.
Don't forget, you can roll it down a hill and pop the clutch when the battery is dead. I've had to do it more than once after playing music and setting up camp and forgetting about it.
rockymtnchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.rockymtnchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.rockymtnchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.rockymtnchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.rockymtnchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.rockymtnchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.rockymtnchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.rockymtnchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.rockymtnchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.rockymtnchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.rockymtnchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:09 PM   #35
You Sweetie!

i have the multi-tronic.
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:11 PM   #36
Veteran

I only buy stick shifts
SDChiefs would the whole thing.SDChiefs would the whole thing.SDChiefs would the whole thing.SDChiefs would the whole thing.SDChiefs would the whole thing.SDChiefs would the whole thing.SDChiefs would the whole thing.SDChiefs would the whole thing.SDChiefs would the whole thing.SDChiefs would the whole thing.SDChiefs would the whole thing.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:12 PM   #37
Veteran

Quote:
Alternatively, is your daily driver stick or auto?
Stick. Let me tell you that my left leg got big driving the merge at rush hour.
SDChiefs would the whole thing.SDChiefs would the whole thing.SDChiefs would the whole thing.SDChiefs would the whole thing.SDChiefs would the whole thing.SDChiefs would the whole thing.SDChiefs would the whole thing.SDChiefs would the whole thing.SDChiefs would the whole thing.SDChiefs would the whole thing.SDChiefs would the whole thing.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:13 PM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Yeah, when you're driving to work, flipping through songs on your iPod and checking Chiefsplanet and facebook while dialing into a conference call and eating breakfast, a manual can be a real pain in the ass.
I'm over 40 and don't drive distracted. I've owned my share of manual transmissions. The glory of owning/shifting one died long ago. If I came across a classic car that was meant for manual transmission, then yes, I'd love it. The only reason for a manual transmission today is if it's a diesel... with the narrow power range and all.
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:15 PM   #39
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstater View Post
Last time I hopped in an automatic, I about went through the windshield because my left foot hit the brake as I tried to shift.
I have done this too. Rep
Old 12-09-2009, 05:16 PM   #40
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeater View Post
My first car was a '71 Road Runner with a 4spd manual transmission.
Bet you wish you had that back! My second car was a 64 Barracuda with a 4 speed. It had a Hurst "Competition Plus" shifter, much better than the Inland shifters they used later.
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:17 PM   #41
Forgetting 2013 season end.

36:1... figures that we're ****ing chiefs fans and we know how to drive a stick.... I'd love to see the same poll for the Seahawks... I learned on a 93 Saturn (It was my mom's, I swear).
EyePod has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.EyePod has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.EyePod has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.EyePod has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.EyePod has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.EyePod has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.EyePod has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.EyePod has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.EyePod has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.EyePod has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.EyePod has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:18 PM   #42
Veteran

They don't even try to instruct kids on driving stick shifts in drivers ed any more, at least not around here. It's becoming a generational thing...not near as many stick shifts on the roads today as there used to be. I had NO choice as a kid...either learn to drive the stick shift or not drive at all.
BigVE is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBigVE is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBigVE is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBigVE is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBigVE is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBigVE is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBigVE is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBigVE is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBigVE is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBigVE is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBigVE is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 12-09-2009, 05:20 PM   #43
Ultrabanned

I'm a man. So, yes.

I prefer driving a stick. Keeps me from talking on the phone/texting/doing other stupid shit while I'm on the road. And manual transmissions can take a lot more abuse than an automatic.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:21 PM   #44
Fifty eight sixty two...

It's been 27 years since I owned an automatic.

First manual I tried to drive was my dad's Rambler, 3 speed on the column. After I just about killed us all taking a turn in it he said that was enough. So my first two cars were automatics. I learned to drive a stick by taking the tow truck at the gas station I worked at out into the parking lot after the boss left for the day.

Later I bought an old 3 speed Jeep and never looked back.
chefsos threw an interception on a screen pass.chefsos threw an interception on a screen pass.chefsos threw an interception on a screen pass.chefsos threw an interception on a screen pass.chefsos threw an interception on a screen pass.chefsos threw an interception on a screen pass.chefsos threw an interception on a screen pass.chefsos threw an interception on a screen pass.chefsos threw an interception on a screen pass.chefsos threw an interception on a screen pass.chefsos threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:21 PM   #45
I could of gone pro

When I was 13 years old my dad bought a one year old 1962 Nash Metropolitan for $900 in very good shape. It sold new the year before for $1800, he told me when I was ready to drive I could learn on that car. It had a 3 speed shift on the column and when I was 15 that's the car I learned on. I still wish I had it, very neat little car that was two-tone green and white with a black vinyl roof. Don't see too many anymore, even on the auctions on Speed Channel.

Later I owned a new 1969 Datsun 510 with a 4 speed, a 1975 Kawasaki 400 Motorcycle, 1976 Honda Civic with a 4 speed, a 1985 Honda CRX with a 4 speed, a 1987 VW Sirroco with a 4 speed, a 1988 Honda Civic with a 4 speed. I would buy a stick now if it wasn't for my wife who can't shift gears.
DeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli