Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2024, 12:21 AM  
I'll **** anything that moves!

What Songs or Movies Make You Cry?

I’m a bit of a softy, especially with music and certain films/scenes from films.

And it’s a bit all over the place.

Since my dad died, I can’t listen to My Father’s House by Springsteen, and I’ve never been a big Bruce fan. But I listen to that now, and I’m crushed.

Certain operas/arias bring me to tears.

Transatlanticism by Death Cab is always rough, even if I’m in a great mood. I’ll end up drifting back into some former relationship and it’ll get me misty eyed.

Too many songs bring tears to my eyes for reasons of joy, sadness, yearning, etc…

Here’s a weird one. Superman The Movie. Christopher Reeve. When he grabs Lois and that helicopter(pilots inside) from falling from the roof, I snort cry. I just wish sometimes there was this “miracle man” who could do stuff like that and give us all something to believe in and be so thankful it exists.

Private Ryan, Schindler’s List, Sling Blade…. All crushers…

What do you have?
GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 06-27-2024, 01:37 PM   #31
The Guy With The Goats

As for the topic on the OP... there is a bunch of stuff I cannot listen to because of emotional connections. Even before certain events in my life... this song and scene from the movie Highlander ****s me up.

Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2024, 01:38 PM   #32
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx View Post
Iffin you wanna start a thread in DC I'd be happy to participate and since I don't want this thread thrown in DC I'll simply say that, IMO, the playing of the national anthem before a sporting event really only makes sense, to me, when two nations are competing against one another on a world stage.

The Olympics, World Cup, and even the NFL games in London I can understand as we are importing that shit and want to put a stamp on it.

Games between teams of American League sports playing one another though? Hard pass as they are not representing the nation... they are just members of a regional team. Just get to the damn game.
Ehh....naaaaaaaaaaah

The national anthem right before a major sporting event is one of the best parts. Love the national anthem. Brings chills when it's sung well. I always stand for it and remove my cap, even if im just in my living room. It's an iconic moment in sports entertainment.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2024, 01:45 PM   #33
The Guy With The Goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxSocks View Post
Ehh....naaaaaaaaaaah

The national anthem right before a major sporting event is one of the best parts. Love the national anthem. Brings chills when it's sung well. I always stand for it and remove my cap, even if im just in my living room. It's an iconic moment in sports entertainment.
I understand your position. I love many things but that doesn't mean they are an "appropriate" (in the sense of belonging... not that in the sense that it is something bad) way to kick off a sporting event.

Now recently they have taken to playing other "nationalistic" (put in quotations because it is a term that can carry a negative connotation and I want to emphasize that I mean it clinically and not critically) like "God Bless America" as well. I'll go to a political rally to get my fill for that kind of content. I came for the sport.

The opposite doesn't make sense. No one goes to a concert but first has to watch replays of a sporting event.
Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 06-27-2024, 01:51 PM   #34
MVP

The ending of Braveheart got my allergies flared up.

Last edited by wutamess; 06-28-2024 at 07:01 AM..
wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2024, 01:53 PM   #35
Live free or die hard

"Matt Cassel & Scott Pioli - The Documentary - Guest staring Herm Edwards".

Last edited by Otter; 06-27-2024 at 03:28 PM..
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-27-2024, 01:54 PM   #36
Choco Favre

My Dog Skipp

Simon Burch
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-27-2024, 02:01 PM   #37
MVP

Good lord, so many movies make me cry and a few songs depending on my mood lol. My little bro died like 2 months after graduating high school. I'm only 2 years older than him, so we did everything together. A few months after that I watched Bridge to Terabithia and bawled my eyes out at that. I also remember being like 16/17 and watching a ****ing Walk to Remember and bawling about that lol.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-27-2024, 02:03 PM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven View Post
Every time. Rockets red glare...I said dayum...

You know, I see even on this site a bunch of people hating on the singing of the national anthem at sporting events, and I can't understand why. Just watch that video and see the reactions of the crowd. Even as recently as 1991, we were a patriotic nation. Nobody batted an eye at singing the anthem at a ball game.

We've come a long way I guess...

I myself get choked up at the scene in Rudy where he gets the acceptance letter from Notre Dame, The scene in the Passion of the Christ where Mary sees Jesus fall with the cross with the simultaneous flash back to him falling down as a child and her rushing to him...

Cat's in the Cradle gets me almost every time if I really sit and listen to it.
God, Rudy is such a terrible movie. The climax is him playing in a game. Big deal.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-27-2024, 02:04 PM   #39
Immanentize The Eschaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois View Post
I used to stoic as all get out, but have turned into a crier in later years. I think the combination of having raised a family and the passing of my parents has made the concept of 'family' and 'unconditional love' more resonant.

Having your on children might be the first time you start putting another humans needs before your own. It makes you realize that others have put your needs before their own for years.

Now, any movie, or even a commercial, that pulls on the family-heartstrings will get me a bit emotional. I get choked up about story lines so easily now - and good musical underscoring just intensifies it.

Something about how she sings that last verse just punched me in the gut:

listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-27-2024, 02:05 PM   #40
Veteran

Bittersweet by Zac Brown Band. It’s brutally sad but uplifting at the same time. Perfect song title.
PhillyChiefFan 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliPhillyChiefFan 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliPhillyChiefFan 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliPhillyChiefFan 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliPhillyChiefFan 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliPhillyChiefFan 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliPhillyChiefFan 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliPhillyChiefFan 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliPhillyChiefFan 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliPhillyChiefFan 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliPhillyChiefFan 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 06-27-2024, 02:06 PM   #41
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxSocks View Post
Ehh....naaaaaaaaaaah

Maybe if you're watching soccer or women's basketball, but for fans of quality sporting events it only delays the start of the entertainment.

The end of "Saving Private Ryan" is an obvious choice for a tear jerker.

Last edited by ThrobProng; 06-27-2024 at 02:18 PM..
ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 06-27-2024, 02:23 PM   #42
In my youth i pray to keep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
WE WIN GRACIE!
A-are you me?
George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-27-2024, 02:33 PM   #43
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois View Post
I used to stoic as all get out, but have turned into a crier in later years. I think the combination of having raised a family and the passing of my parents has made the concept of 'family' and 'unconditional love' more resonant.

Having your on children might be the first time you start putting another humans needs before your own. It makes you realize that others have put your needs before their own for years.

Now, any movie, or even a commercial, that pulls on the family-heartstrings will get me a bit emotional. I get choked up about story lines so easily now - and good musical underscoring just intensifies it.
You are not alone in this....I was always the rebel and thought I was too manly to cry....children changed me. Watching the birth of my daughter....that still tears me up to think about that.

Down here in FL...it seems around every national holiday Publix puts out a new commercial....those are heartwarming.

As for songs that make me tear up...

My Old Man- Zac Brown Band....the morning they previewed it nationally I was driving in to work....the words struck such a chord in me that I had to pull off the road to compose myself. Still makes me teary/

Amazing Grace- sung by just about anyone....but especially when it is done with a bagpipe or multiple bagpipes.

The Breath You Take- George Strait

As for movies...

Field of Dreams- when Kevin Costner says "you wanna have a catch" it reminds me when I used to ask my dad to play catch.
Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 06-27-2024, 02:35 PM   #44
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrobProng View Post
Maybe if you're watching soccer or women's basketball, but for fans of quality sporting events it only delays the start of the entertainment.
Sorry....I am sure that I am not in the minority.....but most people do not mind the singing of the National Anthem before the start of a "quality sporting event>
Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 06-27-2024, 02:43 PM   #45
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
Something about how she sings that last verse just punched me in the gut:

If you really want a version of that song that will make you tear up....listen to Vince Gill and Patty Loveless sing it.

As for Carrie Underwood....if you want a song of hers that will make you tear up....listen to and watch the video of "Temporary Home". I was on my way home from my Father's funeral in 2011 and turned on the music to wind down. The first song that came up was that one....and the 3rd verse where it starts....

Old man, hospital bed
The room is filled with people he loves
And he whispers don't cry for me
I'll see you all someday
He looks up and says "I can see God's face"

That just got to me...