Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-07-2021, 08:59 PM  
MVP

Drafting Offensive Line

I was told it wasn't necessary. Draft them in the 6th and 7th round and pick up the rest off the bargain bin in free agency. O-Line doesn't matter when you have Mahomes.

Now do you guys understand?

Pat can't do this alone.
comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 02-07-2021, 09:41 PM   #31
Everybody Lies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
Get on board with a serious O line rebuild, or get the hell outta the way

Sure you can plug in some 6th-7th round guys and UDFA here and there, but when almost your entire talent pool consists of those guys... you're ****ED

Tell me about Niangs opt out, and that other project guy we had high hopes for, and Fishers injury and blah blah blah and I. don't. care... not even Mahomes can withstand a jailbreak on every play

This dogmeat, piecemeal O line shit HAS to go
Yeah you can dick around with replacement centers and guards but when you have to replace BOTH starting tackles too, you're pretty well ****ed.
lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 09:42 PM   #32
Going home eventually

That's why I bitched about an RB in round one. We need OL. Mahomes covers up this crap but tonight he couldn't. We lost because of dirty refs but the OL was as just as bad. Mahomes had no chance. Robinson and Hardman are garbage as well. They havr done shit in two SbS now.
Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-07-2021, 09:42 PM   #33
**** off

I would have rather kept the line as is and just put Rankins as the LT. It couldn't have been worse than what we saw tonight.
Pushead2 would the whole thing.Pushead2 would the whole thing.Pushead2 would the whole thing.Pushead2 would the whole thing.Pushead2 would the whole thing.Pushead2 would the whole thing.Pushead2 would the whole thing.Pushead2 would the whole thing.Pushead2 would the whole thing.Pushead2 would the whole thing.Pushead2 would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 09:42 PM   #34
Generational Player

Morse from Buffalo and Kelce from Philly might be cut.

Start there and we need to get a left tackle.
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-07-2021, 09:42 PM   #35
Chiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
And how would you define "serious" rebuild?

Because this team needs bodies at WR and pieces at every level of the defense.

Again, I'm not against investing in the offensive line but this "linemen or bust" mentality just isn't the right reaction.

They can do a lot to fix it with 2 or 3 pieces. They don't need to give up everything they have to fix one unit.
I think if you give Patrick time to throw he can make anyone look good at WR. This line needs to be fixed before adding a WR
ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 09:43 PM   #36
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Well YEAH. But it's not like there aren't tons of prospects ranked right where they'd be helpful for us. It doesn't require a REACH in any way, shape, or form.

But more than we need another ****ing WR we need someone to ****ing block.

And I'm beyond frustrated arguing that fact. It's so goddamned clear, and it was before this game, and you can't expect Mahomes and Reid to just deal with third string bullshit up front against a SB defense and get it done.

It's not realistic. This loss isn't anyone's fault; Covid opt outs and catastrophic injuries are. But the reality is that looking at September, we're ****ed right now. No Fisher. Almost certainly no Schwartz. Reiter wanting a big money deal? **** that. Wylie? **** that.

And I don't want to hear a bunch of bullshit about ****ing Rankin. If he can't beat any of those guys out to play, then he's even worse, and **** that too while we're at it.

DO OVER.
Those prospects have to fit and be capable of contributing.

Everybody was ****ing out of their minds about getting Niang last year. He didn't even play. I get that it was a weird offseason and he opted out but just throwing draft picks at the problem isn't always the right answer.

Thankfully, I believe in Veach and Reid and I don't at all believe that they'll buy into the type of reaction we're seeing here.

They'll do their homework and if there's guys that are there that can help, they'll draft them. There might be guys there that YOU think can help but don't be mad at the Chiefs if they pass. They have to build a TEAM.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-07-2021, 09:44 PM   #37
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP View Post
I think if you give Patrick time to throw he can make anyone look good at WR. This line needs to be fixed before adding a WR
They can do both. There's nothing precluding them from addressing both issues, as well as the issues at DE and in the defensive backfield.

They just have to be smart about it and not overreact.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-07-2021, 09:44 PM   #38
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPodolak View Post
PFF says we have the 11th best line in the league.

I'm no expert, but it *feels* it's way worse.
What is the date on that? I bet that was either before the season or before we lost Schwartz and Fisher.
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 02-07-2021, 09:45 PM   #39
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
Morse from Buffalo and Kelce from Philly might be cut.

Start there and we need to get a left tackle.
They already let Morse go once because of his price tag and concussion history.

He's not coming back here.
Old 02-07-2021, 09:46 PM   #40
Can these boys not play?

Quote:
DO OVER.
That should be the Chiefs slogan next year .. "DO OVER!"
ChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 02-07-2021, 09:46 PM   #41
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
What is the date on that? I bet that was either before the season or before we lost Schwartz and Fisher.
I saw that stat and was shocked. Didn't seem like we were that good at all this year.
mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 02-07-2021, 09:48 PM   #42
MVP

Quote:
Look, I'm not saying we shouldn't draft linemen. I left that stance behind the moment Fisher got hurt.

However, there are people here that think we should throw everything we have at upgrading the offensive line. That's insanity.

And tonight's result doesn't change that. This team has A LOT of holes. They simply can't afford to over-invest in one area. They have to be sharp about this.
They don't have a lot of holes. They're the best team in the league on paper. There's always going to be weaknesses somewhere. This team is constructed better than any other, though. Just too many injuries at one place hurt this team. We were literally healthy all throughout the lineup today except OL. Bad luck maybe, but it's the main place they should invest. I agree that WR and LB is another place.
Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.
Old 02-07-2021, 09:49 PM   #43
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudasRising20 View Post
They don't have a lot of holes. They're the best team in the league on paper. There's always going to be weaknesses somewhere. This team is constructed better than any other, though. Just too many injuries at one place hurt this team. We were literally healthy all throughout the lineup today except OL.
They have free agents all over the place. Those are holes that have to be filled.
Old 02-07-2021, 09:49 PM   #44
Supporter

Quote:
LITERALLY, if we could block well enough to run the ball, it opens all the rest up. We can't force a defense to play honest, because we suck up front. We could do just well enough with our starters in there, but now? no. And there's no guarantees that right now it's any different in September.

Line of scrimmage still matters.
Mid-season, I said 'must run' was an Achilles.

Our entire run game is desperate scratching and crawling by our RBs, jet sweeps and options, and getting stone killed dead when it's 2nd/3rd/4th and short.

Our only chance at running the ball has been all season the other side being scared to death of Mahomes' arm and getting caught by surprise.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-07-2021, 09:50 PM   #45
Chiefs

Quote:
They can do both. There's nothing precluding them from addressing both issues, as well as the issues at DE and in the defensive backfield.

They just have to be smart about it and not overreact.
Looking at over the cap the chiefs only have 3 players that can create cap room and all 3 are tough one. Honey (14m and he looked kinda slow this year) Fisher(11m he won’t play to late next year. Mitchell (7m but I think he walks away)
ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.