Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-07-2024, 02:03 PM  
pie is never free

Tips For Dealing With Poison Ivy

Anyone have any good advice?

Been battling this shit for over a week, every time it starts looking/feeling like its going away it comes roaring right back... the more calamine lotion I put on it, the worse it seemingly gets

Even have this shit on my junk

I'm considering scratching all of it wide open raw, then dousing it all with rubbing alcohol... but thats gonna burn like hell
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-07-2024, 07:00 PM   #31
The Guy With The Goats

I'm highly allergic to the stuff.

First... unless you are being exposed to the urushiol repeatedly it shouldn't be coming back. Because of this I would suggest hitting up your doc and asking for a z-pak.

If your wounds are weeping like crazy... all you can really do is stuff like calamine to basically sop up the goo your wounds are weeping.

As for the itching. This works best if you have a detatcheable shower head but if you haven't figured this out yet then I'm about to blow your mind. Turn the water on as hot as you can possibly stand it. I mean... to the point where you are wondering if you are possibly causing damage to your skin and nerves. Then run that shower head over the poison ivy wounds.

****ing heaven. Orgasmic. It is the most toe curling and intense feeling I have ever experienced at my own hands. So even though it sucks to have poison ivy there is, at least, a small silver lining to the experience.

Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 07-07-2024, 07:11 PM   #32
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx View Post

First... unless you are being exposed to the urushiol repeatedly it shouldn't be coming back. Because of this I would suggest hitting up your doc and asking for a z-pak.

If your wounds are weeping like crazy... all you can really do is stuff like calamine to basically sop up the goo your wounds are weeping.

As for the itching. This works best if you have a detatcheable shower head but if you haven't figured this out yet then I'm about to blow your mind. Turn the water on as hot as you can possibly stand it. I mean... to the point where you are wondering if you are possibly causing damage to your skin and nerves. Then run that shower head over the poison ivy wounds.

****ing heaven. Orgasmic. It is the most toe curling and intense feeling I have ever experienced at my own hands. So even though it sucks to have poison ivy there is, at least, a small silver lining to the experience.

The last time I had this 15-17 years ago that heat treatment was exactly what I did to to it... I'd have two hand towels boiling, swapping them in an out and laying on my legs

After steaming it to death I'd then apply the meds

And yeah, there is absolutely something orgiastic about scratching the shit out of it, **** doctors warnings about spreading it around it just feels TOO good, talk about an endorphin/dopamine rush

I'll keep scratching, and use soapy water under my nails afterwards
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-07-2024, 07:27 PM   #33
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx View Post

This is a pretty good tip. I used to get ivy/oak so bad it would weep, itch and scar.

Now I use these before and after possible contact. Haven’t had poison ivy since and I’m in the woods all the time.
This won’t help your current situation as this is preemptive.

Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2024, 07:33 PM   #34
Custom User Title

it's bad for your skin and you shouldn't do it excessively, but running hot water over the rash is like the best thing at getting rid of the itch.
Hark Clunt would the whole thing.Hark Clunt would the whole thing.Hark Clunt would the whole thing.Hark Clunt would the whole thing.Hark Clunt would the whole thing.Hark Clunt would the whole thing.Hark Clunt would the whole thing.Hark Clunt would the whole thing.Hark Clunt would the whole thing.Hark Clunt would the whole thing.Hark Clunt would the whole thing.
Old 07-07-2024, 07:34 PM   #35
best in the biz

salt water pool
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-07-2024, 07:37 PM   #36
In Search of a Life

I'd call Batman. He has a lot of experience with her.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-07-2024, 07:38 PM   #37
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut View Post
Call Batman

I didn't see this until after I posted and went back.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-07-2024, 07:44 PM   #38
Everything is Awesome!!!!!

Too many responses, didn’t read em all.
Go to a doctor, walk in care, whatever. Get a steroid shot. Gone the next day. Poison ivy, oak, sumac, all is just the worst. You shouldn’t have waited so long to ask CP. Also, wash any clothes that may have made contact. Had a doctor friend who got ivy a year later after setting on the same blanket from a year before. Yikes!!
Good luck.
cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-07-2024, 07:54 PM   #39
King Sandbagger

I always used a spray called Ivy Dry. It kills the itch and dries out the rash and then once the rash really dries out, the spray will do this dual cold/burn thing that feels really awesome.
phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 07-07-2024, 08:19 PM   #40
C Chiefs once a year!

I'm glad I don't get affected by that stuff.

Out at the river one day I rubbed poison oak leaves all over my arms in front of everyone claiming I didn't get it. Well a few hours later after some drinking I get into an altercation with a classmate and it ends with me holding him in a choke hold. He was in the ER a few days later with poison Ivy all over but it was the worst on his neck. I had no reaction to it at all.
Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 07-07-2024, 08:24 PM   #41
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eureka View Post
I'm glad I don't get affected by that stuff.

Out at the river one day I rubbed poison oak leaves all over my arms in front of everyone claiming I didn't get it. Well a few hours later after some drinking I get into an altercation with a classmate and it ends with me holding him in a choke hold. He was in the ER a few days later with poison Ivy all over but it was the worst on his neck. I had no reaction to it at all.
When I was about 12, I had a friend that told me he wasn't allergic to poison ivy and rubbed it all over himself. The results were not good. My own experience has been that my reaction is variable, sometimes, I don't react at all and others it's a shit storm.

I've used Calagell successfully. It's most important to get rid of the oils before your body reacts to them.
crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-07-2024, 08:45 PM   #42
El Gato Gordo Loco Anaranjado

I find not hitting my golf ball into the shit helps. Or wearing pants.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-07-2024, 09:01 PM   #43
MVP

Epsom salt bath works well. Also a salve of wild plantain leaves, salt, water rubbed on will stop itching
tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-07-2024, 09:08 PM   #44
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
Yeah good ol mom is pushing me to go do that, but what a pain in the dick

But I just might if he'll do it over the phone, instead of making me come to the office

I'm strongly considering it
Check with your insurance provider. Most of them are partnered with a telehealth app and you can do your appt over your phone with little to no cost to you. Or try GoodRx and get an appt through there. Get the free trial of GoodRX gold and you can get an appt for like $15-$20.

Here's the link! You could do an appt tonight probably and have the medicine in the AM.

https://www.goodrx.com/care?utm_camp...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-07-2024, 09:09 PM   #45
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayzkirk View Post
When I was about 12, I had a friend that told me he wasn't allergic to poison ivy and rubbed it all over himself. The results were not good. My own experience has been that my reaction is variable, sometimes, I don't react at all and others it's a shit storm.

I've used Calagell successfully. It's most important to get rid of the oils before your body reacts to them.
I've never had poison ivy. I have done the rub the leaf all over my body and have never gotten it.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.