Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Yesterday, 09:35 AM  
Starter

The Athletic - Gap between Chiefs and Ravens is bigger than toe that decided game

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/574.../?redirected=1

Article in Spoiler

Spoiler!
kcgreene would the whole thing.kcgreene would the whole thing.kcgreene would the whole thing.kcgreene would the whole thing.kcgreene would the whole thing.kcgreene would the whole thing.kcgreene would the whole thing.kcgreene would the whole thing.kcgreene would the whole thing.kcgreene would the whole thing.kcgreene would the whole thing.
Old Yesterday, 08:26 PM   #31
MVP

Lamar was going "off script" way too much. I don't know if he was impatient or the D was too harassing, both at the line and down field. Maybe he doesn't trust himself to make a tough throw. I don't know.

I do know the Ravens are going to struggle if they continue to play like they did last night.
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.
Old Yesterday, 11:53 PM   #32
Champion Golfer Of The Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
A what?

Man I'm not even sure what then hell I was trying to say.

Something about beating the ravens 3 times in a year and how the Bengals lived off that for another 10 months. I think.
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:03 AM   #33
George Brett shit his pants

I didn't know the Mahomes int was tipped
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:06 AM   #34
YOU take YOUR seat

The throw to Perine on 3rd down would have been a big play

JuJu dropped a TD, kicked a FG

Kelce dropped it in the red zone which would have been a first down at least, kicked a FG

Those 3 plays aren't ****ed up, we win by a much wider margin.
Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:30 AM   #35
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by neech View Post
Didn't know where to place this, so many threads in the last 16 hours or so.

Ravens OLB Kyle Van Noy suffered a fractured orbital bone.

An orbital bone fracture, also known as an eye socket fracture, occurs when one or more bones around the eye break. This can happen when the face is struck by a hard object, such as in blunt force trauma.

I commented in the game thread that he may have broke it.

It looked like his face was moving when they were poking on it.

Big loss for them. Van Noy is good.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 02:06 AM   #36
Starter

The chiefs dropped 3 easy first downs not worried
Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.
Old Today, 07:21 AM   #37
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Not a bad read. So when is Brown due back? I have been doing nothing but flying this week, so I missed it.
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 07:33 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Not a bad read. So when is Brown due back? I have been doing nothing but flying this week, so I missed it.
Sounds like he may practice next week, but with 4 weeks essentially completely “off” he may not be game ready for Week 2.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:33 AM   #39
Everybody Lies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shields68 View Post
Yes we out played them. But if Likely TD counts, I have no doubt they go for two and the odds of Ravens getting two would be 50-60%. Our dee was gassed at the end.
It sure felt like that 2 point try would've been 90%

Fortunately we never get to find out
lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 07:42 AM   #40
DeadPunisher

I am going to say something, and I may get flamed for it, but IDGAF because I am high, and CP is a cesspool. I mean, it's a cesspool I have been playing in for over 20 years, but you know what I mean.

If the Ravens don't win the Super Bowl this year (I don't think they are) John Harbaugh should do whatever it takes to hire Eric Bienemy. It doesn't matter how bad UCLA, or their offense in particular, is this year.

Lamar Jackson has talent. He may speak in a way that makes him sound stupid, but I don't think he is at all. He may not be Mahomes or Manning upstairs, but he isn't Michael Bishop either.

I say this because I absolutely believe that EB could flash his rings, and Lamar would know that now he has a SB winning OC, and someone that Patrick Mahomes has personally said was a great coach and helped him a lot, and he needs to do whatever EB says to get better.

I think EB could help him settle his feet when he throws while moving around, and I am obviously no expert, but I feel like he doesn't always have a good base in the pocket because his arm is so strong. EB could help with his mechanics, but I think Lamar would really latch on to EBs teachings.

I don't follow the Ravens, but it seems like his OCs have been old white men. If I am wrong, please let me know. I don't care how many black players they have coached, they are just never going to have a relationship with Lamar other than coach/player.

EB would change that, and I think he would really provide Lamar with the mentor he has needed his entire career.

And I think EB gives the ball to Henry more than 13 times.

So, if they don't win it this year, and Baltimore really doesn't want to waste Jackson's career, they need EB.

EB is younger, and obviously Black.
EB has been personally endorsed by Patrick Mahomes, who is the current GOAT (and someone Lamar respects)
EB has Super Bowl rings as the OC for Patrick Mahomes
EB is a former running back and probably would run Lamar less, helping him focus on improving his passing.

I have personally arrived at the conclusion that it's time for Baltimore to move on from Harbaugh. The same way it was time for us to move on from Marty, and time for the Eagles to move on from Reid, etc.

I feel like this season will be exactly like the past 7 or 8 years for Harbaugh. They will win their division, will look like the best team in football at some point, and they will lose a home playoff game where their QB wasn't clutch, and the OC abandoned the run with the running backs to everyone's dismay, except Harbaugh, who will have to be told in the press conference that they were averaging 5 ypc when they decided to stop running the ball.

So, I hope they don't hire EB, and continue to waste Lamar Jackson, while retaining Harbaugh until Reid retires.
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old Today, 08:27 AM   #41
Starter

we outplayed them, but I don’t think it was by a significant margin. If the toe had been in, it’s almost certain they would’ve gotten the two points to win.

Definitely we could’ve and should have had more points if we hadn’t dropped passes so much. But at least it was a huge improvement over last year. Also, Mahomes played well, but not great. I think the two incompletions to Pacheco and Perine where more Mahomes bad throws then the RBs dropping the ball.

The reffing was terrible for both sides. They were much fussier about the ravens lining up properly at OT. Then they wear for the Chiefs. The beginning of the game was terrible that way. But they definitely should’ve called more roughing penalties on the ravens in tackling Mahomes out of bounds. I guess the reffing balanced out.

Really hope some of the players we signed just before the season started worked their way into the defence quickly. We can’t have our defence completely gassed and unable to make plays towards the end of the game. The likely touchdown was the worst example as was the inability to contain Lamar on that last drive. Too bad we will have to wait so long for Omenihu to return. And FAU continues to look like he can’t really contribute in any significant way.

We had huge positives coming out of this game aside from the win. Our WR room is now a strength and will be even better with brown. We seem to have solved our LOT problem and Kingsley should only get better. Taylor remains what he is at RT, but if he is our weakest link, we are in good shape.

This game and the Bengals game, which I expect us to also win will be huge in giving us number one seed. In the playoffs. Our division will be an easy win, although I expect the chargers to be a surprise and better than expected. Houston should also have an easy time winning its division but they are facing a lot tougher schedule overall than last year. And the other two divisions should cannibalize each other so the winning team is not likely to have a great record.

We dodged a bullet in this game. Mahomes needs to play better next week, Andy needs to be less conservative, the offence needs to win the time of possession battle, and not just the score to help the defence remain sharp, and Bolton needs to play much better than he did this time.

Last edited by gordonelloyd; Today at 08:34 AM..
gordonelloyd ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.gordonelloyd ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.
Old Today, 08:28 AM   #42
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTown View Post
I completely agree that this years offense looks to be superior to last year's version (and the year before). It's going to look even better when Hollywood gets back. Good luck to the rest of the NFL.

The question that remains is: What about this years version of the Defense? I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little concerned about our Front 7. I have no doubt they'll get better, but it looked a bit rough at times.
It's important to keep the D lines performance and perspective. Know that they were hyper conscious about maintaining Lanes and trying to keep Lamar in the pocket. The first week's performance will not look like any other game regarding the pass rush. I thought the front seven did a good job overall in minimizing Henry, and despite Jackson's numbers, they only put up 20.
Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.
Old Today, 08:29 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic View Post
I am going to say something, and I may get flamed for it, but IDGAF because I am high, and CP is a cesspool. I mean, it's a cesspool I have been playing in for over 20 years, but you know what I mean.

If the Ravens don't win the Super Bowl this year (I don't think they are) John Harbaugh should do whatever it takes to hire Eric Bienemy. It doesn't matter how bad UCLA, or their offense in particular, is this year.

Lamar Jackson has talent. He may speak in a way that makes him sound stupid, but I don't think he is at all. He may not be Mahomes or Manning upstairs, but he isn't Michael Bishop either.

I say this because I absolutely believe that EB could flash his rings, and Lamar would know that now he has a SB winning OC, and someone that Patrick Mahomes has personally said was a great coach and helped him a lot, and he needs to do whatever EB says to get better.

I think EB could help him settle his feet when he throws while moving around, and I am obviously no expert, but I feel like he doesn't always have a good base in the pocket because his arm is so strong. EB could help with his mechanics, but I think Lamar would really latch on to EBs teachings.

I don't follow the Ravens, but it seems like his OCs have been old white men. If I am wrong, please let me know. I don't care how many black players they have coached, they are just never going to have a relationship with Lamar other than coach/player.

EB would change that, and I think he would really provide Lamar with the mentor he has needed his entire career.

So, if they don't win it this year, and Baltimore really doesn't want to waste Jackson's career, they need EB.

EB has been personally endorsed by Patrick Mahomes, who is the current GOAT (and someone Lamar respects)
EB is a former running back and probably would run Lamar less, helping him focus on improving his passing.

I have personally arrived at the conclusion that it's time for Baltimore to move on from Harbaugh. The same way it was time for us to move on from Marty, and time for the Eagles to move on from Reid, etc.

I feel like this season will be exactly like the past 7 or 8 years for Harbaugh. They will win their division, will look like the best team in football at some point, and they will lose a home playoff game where their QB wasn't clutch, and the OC abandoned the run with the running backs to everyone's dismay, except Harbaugh, who will have to be told in the press conference that they were averaging 5 ypc when they decided to stop running the ball.

So, I hope they don't hire EB, and continue to waste Lamar Jackson, while retaining Harbaugh until Reid retires.
While I agree an OC upgrade might be good for Baltimore, I think you're overplaying the race angle. The Chiefs have "old white guys" coaching them. The players love and respect them enough to be printing t-shirts about it. Players want good coaching and somebody who knows what they're doing. They want somebody who can show them the formula to be successful. Once a coach proves they can do that the players will buy in, regardless of race.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:58 AM   #44
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonelloyd View Post
we outplayed them, but I don’t think it was by a significant margin. If the toe had been in, it’s almost certain they would’ve gotten the two points to win.
What a load of ****ing shit.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:59 AM   #45
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic View Post

This is so ****ing reeruned. Good grief.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.